Sportsound

On 8/1/2022 at 1:43 PM, findlay_1903 said:

Tried to listen to sportsound on sat with Kenny at the helm. It was woeful. Would rather sand paper my arse crack. 

I didn't think it that bad a show to be honest.

On 8/1/2022 at 5:52 PM, dazzy_deff said:

Burns was banned for factually reporting on the Dons. Not his fault we had a mole. Both pathetic to be fair. 

Is he actually banned?

On 8/3/2022 at 2:08 PM, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

??. One of Garry Bushell's favourite TV ads of all time, as per his column in the Star on Sunday a couple of weeks back. However, this is the same TV critic that put a programme called Rangers72 into his "Small Joys of TV" section last week. Prick?.

Was going to post something on this but on second thoughts It would be like shooting fish in a barrel and just unnecessarily unkind .

• 1 year later...

Just listened to the sportsound podcast from yesterday, and whilst it was insufferable when talking about the orcs, JJ Bull was the token Dons fan on. He's very decent, and got a few good digs in. I particularly enjoyed him talking about how our league is the most broken in Europe (obvious, but never mentioned).

I like him, get him posting on here.

6 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Just listened to the sportsound podcast from yesterday, and whilst it was insufferable when talking about the orcs, JJ Bull was the token Dons fan on. He's very decent, and got a few good digs in. I particularly enjoyed him talking about how our league is the most broken in Europe (obvious, but never mentioned).

Every time I listen Erin Grieve seems to be the Dons rep…

25 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Aye JJ Bull kens the score 

Clever loon and Top Dandy 

57 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Every time I listen Erin Grieve seems to be the Dons rep…

No idea who this person was until Thursday evening.

Scores of middle aged men queuing up for a selfie with her in the pub post match so I asked my pal if she was a big deal. Thought they might be a pop star or something.

Strange. Seems like she's the new Alan Duncan as the go-to for the media.

I worry for folk's mental health with all the social media stuff. These days. Can't be good for you. 

27 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

Scores of middle aged men queuing up for a selfie with her in the pub post match so I asked my pal if she was a big deal. Thought they might be a pop star or something.

I mean, that is weird, and proper serial killer type behaviour but the abuse she gets on Twitter for the sole crime of being a female Aberdeen fan is genuinely disgusting 

No idea why she bothers with social media 

Met her a couple of times and she seems sound enough 

No clue why she rattles so many insecure incels 

When the media stops contacting her for interviews and podcasts, the twitter attention (good and bad) stops and creepy middle aged men stop taking selfies with her, will she still be Aberdeen's number one fan?

It could be argued that the football is a convenient vehicle for the attention some desperately crave.

Are the filters on these selfies a piss take?

I know nothing about her so I'm just hypothesising.

2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I mean, that is weird, and proper serial killer type behaviour but the abuse she gets on Twitter for the sole crime of being a female Aberdeen fan is genuinely disgusting 

She's  perfectly fine. Crack on Erin, fill yer boots. Any adult man asking for a selfie with the lass must die though.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Really?? Fucking hell😂😂 what the hell is wrong with people? 😂😂

Gospel truth.

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

I mean, that is weird, and proper serial killer type behaviour

Yup - I passed up a "VIP picture opportunity" with Miller, McLeish and Leighton recently. Genuinely can't be arsed meeting famous people. Just normal folk who I hold up as God like figures. I'm not catching them on a potential off day and ruining that image I have of them. I'm sure they don't want boozy Howard from Ferryhill posing with them either.

Am I fuck getting a picture with a social media personality. Ten a penny these days. Everyone seems to be one - coming soon, Howard Social.

The worst thing anyone can do is bite to the social media trolls. Makes it ten times worse. Ignore and block. It's awful how folk can dish out abuse behind a twitter account though.

Just now, Frank Grimes said:

Agree with a lot of that but see the bold bit, isn’t that just her narrative? I don’t follow her but she appears regularly on my timeline. Isn’t the abuse just because she puts herself out there/filtered selfies etc? There’s loads of female fans who don’t get abuse on social media.
She’s deleted it now, but her first thought after the game the other night was some moral crusade, portraying herself as the victim and creating division among the support. We’d just beaten Eintracht Frankfurt and days away from a cup final. It’s all beyond me, whatever it is.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

Agree with a lot of that but see the bold bit, isn’t that just her narrative? I don’t follow her but she appears regularly on my timeline. Isn’t the abuse just because she puts herself out there/filtered selfies etc? There’s loads of female fans who don’t get abuse on social media.
She’s deleted it now, but her first thought after the game the other night was some moral crusade, portraying herself as the victim and creating division among the support. We’d just beaten Eintracht Frankfurt and days away from a cup final. It’s all beyond me, whatever it is.

What happened Milne? 

4 minutes ago, eeps said:

She's  perfectly fine. Crack on Erin, fill yer boots. Any adult man asking for a selfie with the lass must die though.

Agree with this, as I said she speaks more sense than most of the fans you see on Twitter and does at least make the effort to go to games. 

1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

Right enough she's probably got a bit of the old personality disorder, would turn absolutely psycho at the drop of a hat (pun intended) if you were actually spearing her. Avoid at all costs. Anyone asking for a selfie though... Jesus suffering fuck