2 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Wise up. They are professional footballers ffs. It’s a pretty simple instruction. 

Not even that... Zonal or man marking, if you're a defender in the box and there's a forward standing open you don't go, "Oh, not my job to close that guy down... not my zone, you see"?  Or you yell at someone to go cover him if there's someone 'in your zone'. 

The style of marking doesn't preclude you from using your fucking heid. 

Although in this Aberdeen team, maybe I'm just aiming too high. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ok in the first half. Tidy on the ball.

Hard to judge as it was like a testimonial in the first half.

Worth more game time for the rest of the season. 
Up against those hammer throwing cunts St Johnstone next week might give us more of an idea. 

Thought he looked decent on the ball and he snapped into a tackle first minute. Definitely deserves another shot. Considering that was his first professional game, I was impressed. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ok in the first half. Tidy on the ball.

Hard to judge as it was like a testimonial in the first half.

Worth more game time for the rest of the season. 
Up against those hammer throwing cunts St Johnstone next week might give us more of an idea. 

Might as well give him 90 minutes the next 2 games.  Doesn't matter if we finish 8th or 10th now. 

Pointless playing Ojo or McGeouch. 

31 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

That Ojo cameo was something else.

Abysmal header for the Lewis save and then failed to stop the cross for the goal. Get this cunt so far to fuck.

Tell me Mr Football Expert, what did you expect him to do running towards his own goal and getting an interception on the ball?

I'm no football expert myself and I'm also no Ojo fan. Just curious what you would expect in that situation. I've seen two posts of yours so far and everyone is pish. 

33 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Some of Goodwin’s tactical decisions are giving me the fear for next season already, the insistence on zonal marking from set pieces, the isolation of the central striker, going to be another slog I think 

I agree that the zonal marking isn't great. I'm not a fan..

Maybe it's something we can work on but for me it leaves too many unmarked opposition players.

21 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

How did polvara do?

Looked fairly competent in terms of his touch, passing, control, calmness on the ball. Always tried to make himself available to receive a pass and wasn't hiding away - and his teammates were always happy to give him the ball which suggests he has their confidence. Hard to really tell what type of midfielder he is - in this 433 thing Goodwin plays all three of them seem to play deep, taking it in turns to pick the ball up from the back 4 - none of them really played more advanced today. He kept the ball fairly well and played a few nice little forward passes, some nice flicks and touches too. 

I'd say it was quite encouraging - hopefully he gets the next couple of games too and gets a bit of experience in the scottish game before next season.

41 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

That Ojo cameo was something else.

Abysmal header for the Lewis save and then failed to stop the cross for the goal. Get this cunt so far to fuck.

Never seen anything like it. 

If we’ve sold Ramsay we need a new right back, goalkeeper, centre half, centre mid with pace, winger and at least 2 forwards. If we sell Ferguson we need another centre mid as well. 

Hate to say it but I see nothing which suggests Goodwin has a clue what he’s doing. How’s he not picked up that Ojo can’t play right back? Horrendous.

4 minutes ago, RUL said:

If we’ve sold Ramsay we need a new right back, goalkeeper, centre half, centre mid with pace, winger and at least 2 forwards. If we sell Ferguson we need another centre mid as well. 

Hate to say it but I see nothing which suggests Goodwin has a clue what he’s doing. How’s he not picked up that Ojo can’t play right back? Horrendous.

Yeah, if he felt Polvara needed to come off he could have brought on McGeouch or even Jenks, and left McCrorie at RB. Strange decision.

1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yeah, if he felt Polvara needed to come off he could have brought on McGeouch or even Jenks, and left McCrorie at RB. Strange decision.

I reckon he thinks most them are shite, min. 

Maybe reckons at least Ojo will run about a bit. 

He probably can't wait for them all to fuck off same as us. 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, RUL said:

Ran out of options a bit. Hands are tied. No idea why he put McCrorie into centre mid though. Fuck it, who cares.

There was more dead wood in this team than there is in the forests around Chernobyl when Goodwin came in.  He uses Ojo and all the other shit because that's what he inherited. 

Fair play, he identified the deadest of the dead wood and pretty quickly ejaculated them from the club, but there's so many substandard or uninterested players in this side that it's way, way too premature to suggest Goodwin's at fault for recent results. 

Once he has a few players in and can start playing the way he'd like to play is the time to start getting judgey. 

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

There was more dead wood in this team than there is in the forests around Chernobyl when Goodwin came in.  He uses Ojo and all the other shit because that's what he inherited. 

Fair play, he identified the deadest of the dead wood and pretty quickly ejaculated them from the club, but there's so many substandard or uninterested players in this side that it's way, way too premature to suggest Goodwin's at fault for recent results. 

Once he has a few players in and can start playing the way he'd like to play is the time to start getting judgey. 

Aye that's pretty much where I am at the moment as well 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I reckon he thinks most them are shite, min. 

Maybe reckons at least Ojo will run about a bit. 

He probably can't wait for them all to fuck off same as us. 

Yes, that's the only explanation I can think of. 

Final 2 games are just a waste of time really - the only thing that makes them in the slightest bit interesting is to see what Polvara can do. Other than that we're not going to learn anything from the last 2 matches that we don't know already.

2 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yes, that's the only explanation I can think of. 

Final 2 games are just a waste of time really - the only thing that makes them in the slightest bit interesting is to see what Polvara can do. Other than that we're not going to learn anything from the last 2 matches that we don't know already.

Aye its a pity we can't play the young lads that have been out on loan. That would have kept a wee bit of interest going. 

1 hour ago, Stoneybloke said:

That was a dreadful game to watch. Both teams incompetent and inadequate with the usual quota of bizarre refereeing decisions.

OK, so he hasnt got much to work with, we know, but what is deeply concerning is the lack of any impact on the team since Goodwin took over. All he has done is to somehow make the performances worse. Surely, if he was the best candidate, there ought to have been some signs of improvement.

Yes, deeply concerning. Deeply concerning indeed.

lol. What a fucking melt you are

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

If we’d kept glass, you’d been in the playoffs or relegated, so don’t speak a heap of crap, your dynamos flat. 

You think Glass would of picked up less than 10 points in 10 games? As bad as it was I’d debate it probably wasn’t this bad. Small margins but to claim we have improved under Goodwin is a big reach. 

• Upvote 2