Ramadani joins Lecce for undisclosed fee

9 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He was quoted as saying he'd spoken to Inter representatives when he was back home in Albania recently. And is now set on a move there.

If it's true, he must have had Lecce's express permission to do so otherwise he'd be in breach of his current Lecce contract and subject to internal discipline. 

However even if he did have Lecce's permission, it's still pretty poor form from Ramadani to then to then go almost bragging about it to a journalist and admit he wants to move.  Nevertheless, I do hope it comes off. With so long left on his contract, Lecce can ask really whatever they like as a transfer fee and Inter will have to put up or shut up. I don't think it would be unreasonable for them to ask £5m which would net us a wee £400k bonus. 

10% of the fee, not profit 

10 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

10% is a pathetic sell on. Whoever negotiated that (especially with fact we didn’t replace him) needs binned 

That’s a fairly standard sell on %. What were you expecting?

The fee of €1m euros however was clearly far too low. Dave got too excited too quickly at the thought of flipping a player for some money. Should never have been sold a) for that price and b) without a suitable replacement lined up.

And before someone else says it McGrath was not a replacement for Ramadani

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, thurso said:

£1 million + a sell on and McGrath in on a free.
Think we got a great deal there 

Had McGrath come from Lecce as part of the deal, that's a game changer, but he didn't. We sold ourselves massively short. £1m isn't good value and the 10% sell on will bring us buttons.

5 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Had McGrath come from Lecce as part of the deal, that's a game changer, but he didn't. We sold ourselves massively short. £1m isn't good value and the 10% sell on will bring us buttons.

We sold an average player for 10 times more than we bought him for and got a better player into our squad. Great deal 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
7 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

The fee of €1m euros however was clearly far too low. Dave got too excited too quickly at the thought of flipping a player for some money. Should never have been sold a) for that price and b) without a suitable replacement lined up.

20% is more the ‘standard’ nowadays 

11 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

I don't think we wanted to sell him though, player wanted to go and that's that.

10 hours ago, thurso said:

We sold an average player for 10 times more than we bought him for and got a better player into our squad. Great deal 

He wasn't average though, that's the thing.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He was quoted as saying he'd spoken to Inter representatives when he was back home in Albania recently. And is now set on a move there.

If it's true, he must have had Lecce's express permission to do so otherwise he'd be in breach of his current Lecce contract and subject to internal discipline. 

However even if he did have Lecce's permission, it's still pretty poor form from Ramadani to then to then go almost bragging about it to a journalist and admit he wants to move.  Nevertheless, I do hope it comes off. With so long left on his contract, Lecce can ask really whatever they like as a transfer fee and Inter will have to put up or shut up. I don't think it would be unreasonable for them to ask £5m which would net us a wee £400k bonus. 

Are you this boring in person? 

• Haha 3
12 hours ago, JamieMT said:

Ramadani wasn't average. He was incredibly consistent for us and did the sort of work that's perhaps only noticed from a player after they've left. We've felt his absence.

Agree - if we had kept Ramadani we would have been stronger and it would have translated into better results. He is a good player and quite Shinnie like in his application. Like so many good players who get roasted at AFC by people who know next to nothing about what a good player looks like he deserves his success. I thought we could have got twice the fee at least for him so that was a bit disappointing. Any additional income if he goes to Inter would be most welcome.

25 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Agree - if we had kept Ramadani we would have been stronger and it would have translated into better results. He is a good player and quite Shinnie like in his application. Like so many good players who get roasted at AFC by people who know next to nothing about what a good player looks like he deserves his success. I thought we could have got twice the fee at least for him so that was a bit disappointing. Any additional income if he goes to Inter would be most welcome.

Agree.He possibly had a sell on fee in his contract.Imagine if we still had him in this squad instead of  say dadia Williams Pape 

8 hours ago, minijc said:

He wasn't average though, that's the thing.

He was average tho. He worked hard at times but was average with the ball. Can’t remember him once ever being man of the match and had more shit games than stand outs. 

I don’t think he would get in our midfield right now anyway 

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
3 hours ago, thurso said:

He was average tho. He worked hard at times but was average with the ball. Can’t remember him once ever being man of the match and had more shit games than stand outs. 

I don’t think he would get in our midfield right now anyway 

Would not make it into our midfield, but possibly make it into Inter Milans midfield if he signs for them.

Just how close to dounreay do you live.

• Haha 2
32 minutes ago, redpearl said:

Would not make it into our midfield, but possibly make it into Inter Milans midfield if he signs for them.

Just how close to dounreay do you live.

Barron is playing better than him, shinnie is still better than him and McGrath is playing a lot better than he ever did and that’s not counting polvara and clarckson so don’t see where he would fit in

I’ll believe him in the inter Milan’s midfield when I actually see it even then I’ll think I’m high. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

One of the most bizarre stories i’ve ever seen in football.

From being mostly unable to complete a basic pass or have a half decent shot on goal to Inter Milan :laughing:

You should offer your services to, let me check my notes 

*Inter fucking Milan* 

If you think you could spot them a better player.