Ramadani joins Lecce for undisclosed fee

55 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Difference between us and a properly run club - Hacken hold on to Sadiq to get them through the important qualifiers to the group stage and then cash in. We do the opposite 🙄

Why was that little cunt not put ten feet in the air early doors? 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I wasn't impressed with the McGrath signing, but to be fair to him he has looked pretty decent. He isn't a Ramadani replacement though - he's a similar player to Clarkson, so playing both of them leaves too much dogwork for an ageing Shinnie. Hopefuly we'll sign a proper replacement tomorrow.

If we don’t get a suitable replacement in and persist with a back 3, we’re in a world of trouble, domestically and in Europe.
we look completely exposed tonight every time they won the ball back

leaving players like Sadiq, 1 on 1 with average defenders is and was fucking bonkers! 

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Watching him play for Lecce just now against Genoa on TNT. 1st team regular. Can't help feel we were maybe diddled with the transfer fee. A SerieA club getting a first pick CDM for what, €1.3m? We ended up with, well, nothing to replace him. Good luck to Rama - he's made a great career move. They've got a player who is probably sky rocketed in value.

5 minutes ago, ullevi said:

I would imagine we have a healthy sell on fee built into the contract 

Let's hope so. But you'd have to suggest the reputed fee we let him go for - doesn't really merit his ability. Many said they'd drive him to Lecce themselves for £1m, but feck me, they're sat 2nd in SerieA and he's a mainstay of their midfield for whom we're missing like hell.

Not his fault, probably not Robson's either... you could potentially lay some at the door of Gunn though. Shouldn't have been let go without a replacement. That's my take.

52 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Watching him play for Lecce just now against Genoa on TNT. 1st team regular. Can't help feel we were maybe diddled with the transfer fee. A SerieA club getting a first pick CDM for what, €1.3m? We ended up with, well, nothing to replace him. Good luck to Rama - he's made a great career move. They've got a player who is probably sky rocketed in value.

Rama was an underappreciated engine. 

Lecce, at least, noticed that even if many of our fans didn't. 

He fit the model, though... we made a million quid profit on him in a season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Tinyweelad said:

Let's hope so. But you'd have to suggest the reputed fee we let him go for - doesn't really merit his ability. Many said they'd drive him to Lecce themselves for £1m, but feck me, they're sat 2nd in SerieA and he's a mainstay of their midfield for whom we're missing like hell.

Not his fault, probably not Robson's either... you could potentially lay some at the door of Gunn though. Shouldn't have been let go without a replacement. That's my take.

Can you blame him for pushing to get a move to a Serie A side? I don't and would have done exactly the same as him if i was in that position. Short career as a footballer, Play at the highest possible level you can and hope to get another move off the back of it for some serious coin. Serie A or Aberdeen.... Not even close unfortunately. Good luck to him and i hope he gets a move to a bigger club than Lecce if he has a good season

9 hours ago, beef_sister said:

Can you blame him for pushing to get a move to a Serie A side? I don't and would have done exactly the same as him if i was in that position. Short career as a footballer, Play at the highest possible level you can and hope to get another move off the back of it for some serious coin. Serie A or Aberdeen.... Not even close unfortunately. Good luck to him and i hope he gets a move to a bigger club than Lecce if he has a good season

Shows what a compassionate bunch AFC are, given that we allowed him to go. I wonder if there was an arrangement in place when he signed for AFC. Made 10x what we paid for the lad, which in paper looks good. Given the impression he’s made in serie A, I’m sure his value is already way in excess of 1.2m.

good luck to the lad. I think he had genuine passion for the club. Shame we never got around to that obviously required replacement, but I think that’s been covered 

• Upvote 1
On 9/1/2023 at 7:01 AM, REDRODDIE said:

Ramadani has tuned into quite the player since he left it seems.

If he played last night Result doesn’t change. 

A lot of  selective memories here because he thumped his chest a few times and pushed and shouted at a killie player and has a cool last name. 

Laughable stuff 

Aye, this.

He gave the ball away continuously. He wasn't missed against Frankfurt. Stop pining for him, he's not coming back and it's now time to see Polvara and Barron step up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Aye, this.

He gave the ball away continuously. He wasn't missed against Frankfurt. Stop pining for him, he's not coming back and it's now time to see Polvara and Barron step up.

Second most accurate passer in the team last season, only Scales was more accurate, not even in the top 5 of players for being dispossessed last season either, so the 'gives the ball away continuously is a load of shite.