Ramadani joins Lecce for undisclosed fee

14 - 15 million in transfer fees recently with minimum outlay really so the coffers will look better 

don’t think it’ll be this season but won’t be too long until we start seeing 7 figures on players providing that the current model of buy cheap sell big is sustained 

I for one would  much prefer to sell 2 sellable assets like McCrorie & Rama for good profit than sell Duk at the moment 

massive chance for the club to swell the coffers with our very best player still available and get a decent run in europe

3 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

You’d like to think they have someone lined up to replace him. Surely not that short sighted. 

There’s no doubt a list of suitable candidates, but as we saw with Teklic, having the cash and the willingness to sign a guy doesn’t mean we’ll get him quick or at all. We’ll no doubt still be filling holes up to the deadline. Just hope we get the squad key players in before the European squad cut off. 

• Upvote 2

Good business if the reported £100k we paid for him was accurate. Might have been able to push them to £1.5m but I wonder if there was an element of the club not wanting to put Lecce off entirely because while he was a decent player (lots of tackles and interceptions) you'd back the recruitment team to find a good replacement with about a third of the fee we've received.

Not to mention that if he wanted to go, I'm not sure there's any point in standing in his way.

4 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

So, in the last 3 years or so, approximately, £3m for McKenna, £2m for Cosgrove, £2.5m for Ferguson, £3m for Ramsay, £2m for McCrorie and now £1m for Rama. All with sell ons, presumably.

Over £13m, with an approx outlay of £750k?

Granted, our model seems to rely on selling a player every year or so, because the wages budget has been hugely increased, but can’t argue that’s it’s not working 

Pretty sure we got £4.2m for young Ramsay and £2.8m for Ferguson but I may be wrong.

Fantastic that we are now attracting, and getting, true market value for our players instead being continually subservient and therefore undercut.

Changed days from the era of Stewart Milne in terms of transfer philosophy.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Sheeptastic said:

Good business if the reported £100k we paid for him was accurate. Might have been able to push them to £1.5m but I wonder if there was an element of the club not wanting to put Lecce off entirely because while he was a decent player (lots of tackles and interceptions) you'd back the recruitment team to find a good replacement with about a third of the fee we've received.

Not to mention that if he wanted to go, I'm not sure there's any point in standing in his way.

wish we pushed the boat out for the croatian guy now,like for like player apart from teklic being a bit more attack minded!

Shame to see him go but a good deal for the club and player.  Hopefully others realise if they do well with us there is an opportunity to move to a better standard of league. Keep this up and we'll raise enough for a stadium😜 

I guess the question now is will Barron or someone step up or will Robson feel he needs to add something in midfield.  

7 hours ago, englishred said:

Shame to see him go but a good deal for the club and player.  Hopefully others realise if they do well with us there is an opportunity to move to a better standard of league. Keep this up and we'll raise enough for a stadium😜 

I guess the question now is will Barron or someone step up or will Robson feel he needs to add something in midfield.  

He had to add 2 or 3 to midfield prior to Ramadani leaving, needs 3 or 4 now.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, 1903Fitba said:

Selling him and replacing him with McGrath. 

FMB can get to fuck 

I wasn't impressed with the McGrath signing, but to be fair to him he has looked pretty decent. He isn't a Ramadani replacement though - he's a similar player to Clarkson, so playing both of them leaves too much dogwork for an ageing Shinnie. Hopefuly we'll sign a proper replacement tomorrow.