Ireland v Scotland

To be fair to Steve Clarke, there’s no standout candidate to replace him. No one i could hand on heart say would do a better job than he’s doing. If he resigned tomorrow i reckon we’d end up with Jack Ross in the hot seat. No compensation required would tick a lot of boxes for the SFA.

Im supporting Liverpool and Belgium now.

Can't take any more fucking depressive shite!!!

Are there any positives to being Scottish?

We are cowards ruled by another country, our sport is fucking shite, the country is full of fucking bigots, weather shite, Aberdeen fc shite, violence, drugs, knives, no swimmable beaches etc etc.

I'm applying for Australian citizenship and going to become a swimming fan.

1 hour ago, HaarDon said:

We are cowards ruled by another country, our sport is fucking shite, the country is full of fucking bigots, weather shite, Aberdeen fc shite, violence, drugs, knives, no swimmable beaches etc etc.

Bigots violence drugs n knives puts you off aberdeen fc and you’re turning to Liverpool??? Fit a fleg you’re in 4! 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

THAT is fucking brutal. After watching that I'm glad we lost.The thought of us scoring a goal and the faux celebrations of any of that lot are enough to make me want to support England

How extremely hun like ? 

A man of real glory HUNting credentials 

3 hours ago, HaarDon said:

The irony is lost on you I guess here but you are happy to jump ship. 

Liverpool as well no less ?

fair enough to stop following/supporting a side but to ‘switch’ to another is just minging in the extreme. ?

6 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

THAT is fucking brutal. After watching that I'm glad we lost.The thought of us scoring a goal and the faux celebrations of any of that lot are enough to make me want to support England

You're glad Scotland lost because some fans are fuds? 

That's up there with the most stupid thing I've ever read. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The irony is lost on you I guess here but you are happy to jump ship. 

Liverpool as well no less ?

fair enough to stop following/supporting a side but to ‘switch’ to another is just minging in the extreme. ?

The sarcasm lost on you.

For me there was an inevitability about Scotlands recent results, it's disappointing but I'm not even angry about these things anymore.

The bottom line is we won't achieve fuck all without producing better players and a lot more of them - can't blame Clarke for that.

15 minutes ago, Helmet said:

For me there was an inevitability about Scotlands recent results, it's disappointing but I'm not even angry about these things anymore.

The bottom line is we won't achieve fuck all without producing better players and a lot more of them - can't blame Clarke for that.

We can however, blame Clarke for sticking with Che Adams, Hanley, McTominay, Dykes...and for continuously playing a back 3.

We desperately need a striker and Stewart should start every game since he is actually scoring goals for his club.

1 minute ago, HaarDon said:

We can however, blame Clarke for sticking with Che Adams, Hanley, McTominay, Dykes...and for continuously playing a back 3.

We desperately need a striker and Stewart should start every game since he is actually scoring goals for his club.

That's just it though- it's pointless quibbling which selection of completely average players our manager picks. Makes little fucking difference.

So yes blame whoever you want and debate this player or that but realise it's all completely missing the underlying problem.

10 hours ago, JamieMT said:

To be fair to Steve Clarke, there’s no standout candidate to replace him. No one i could hand on heart say would do a better job than he’s doing. If he resigned tomorrow i reckon we’d end up with Jack Ross in the hot seat. No compensation required would tick a lot of boxes for the SFA.

That isn’t a reason to keep a failing manager.

Deep breath here. 

Scotland actually played really well on Wednesday against Armenia. With a bit more luck and sharpness, we could have won the game 6 or 7-0 and everyone would be purring about how good we were. 

And then last night.

The bleedin obvious was highlighted. That Scotland under Clarke have improved....we have a decent squad and a defined shape that the players are comfortable with....however, that shape is also our weakness, and the fact is that once again Clarke proved he's unable to adapt when Plan A isn't working.

That the Czech Republic, Croatia, Ukraine and now Ireland games where our system has been overwhelmed from a fairly early point in the match and Clarke has stood unblinking on the sidelines staring like a rabbit at the headlights, unable or unwilling to change things up until it's too late. 

It doesn't help of course that Tierney is missing, and that both Robertson and McGinn have looked on their last legs in the last few games. We've effectively played these games without our 3 most influential players. 

However, Clarke is going to have to find a way to get results when things are not going well. He needs to react quicker and give the side the tactical tools to get a foothold on the game. He's not doing that at the moment. 

• Like 1

I’m actually sounding like I give a fuck when in reality, I don’t.

However, what I see is a bunch of decent players, some very decent, but who are being strangled by a manager who continues to play a convoluted system even when some of the players, that he thinks necessitated that system, are not available.

We could replace him with a Ross or a Delboy but the reality is, it needs a fresh pair of eyes on it. Foreign eyes. “Aye, bit phit aboot Bertie and Uncle Ebbe - mine foo at workit oot?” One offs min, doesn’t mean it will always be that way. The whole way we do things in Scotland needs majorly restructuring.

We’ll just struggle on though, McInnes will get the job soon enough and we’ll suffer the same old failings.

The Tranny Army need to have a look at themselves too, bunch of faggots, some of them. Overgrown schoolboys on their first school trip abroad 

• Upvote 2

Add up each Scotland players worth and you'll find its possibly about £100-140m more than ROIs team. I like Clarke but he has to go.

And I also think tjat our ills & failures are deep rooted in the fact we're ruled by England n Westminster!! 

I hope I haven't offended any unionist fans on here? 

Clarke is yet another Scottish manager with absolutely no imagination, he picks the same players in the same formation just about every game no matter the opposition, he lacks the imagination to make real change when the game is not going to plan, Yesterday was probably one of the poorest results in many years of the back of not turning up against Ukraine

• Upvote 1