Anthony Stewart

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

Tbf that boy constantly goes on about how good Rubezic is, despite all the errors he has that lead to goals (not defending Gartenmann as he's been pish the last month or so)

Rubezic IS really good at pure, old fashioned defending, that's why 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Tbf that boy constantly goes on about how good Rubezic is, despite all the errors he has that lead to goals (not defending Gartenmann as he's been pish the last month or so)

They are also playing different roles which he tried to explain in his “cat and dog” analogy. Stefan and Richard are letting him be defend whilst they do the distribution work. 

On 1/11/2024 at 12:07 AM, G31DON said:

Have you been shining your magic torch (not a euphemism) in your eyes for too long?

Yeah, i put that rather badly and oversold him.

Goodwin should never have made Stewart Captain or insisted on a style of play which exposed him game after game. He couldn't pass a ball.

Genuinely think it was much of muchness as to who was our worst defender during the Goodwin era. Especially post World Cup.

I think he’s more comparable to someone like Clangers.  In the main tolerable if arguably above the level he should have been but then just when you feel you’ve got off with it, a massive fuck up rips a hole in your hard fought chances.

Both of their cup finals apposite.  Clangers got off with his one (fumbled cross about 75 minutes) Stewart as we know didn’t.

And never a Captain..

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

I remember Byrne taking a free kick from the half way line away to Hibs.

Every player was to the right of the box. He hit it in a perfectly straight line out of play at the left cornerflag.

Superb

The notorious Easter Road slope claims another victim

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, JumboJET said:

Ifil is surely the worst passer in AFC history. 

I can remember him receiving a short goal kick, and then blootering it (under no pressure) straight into the South Stand. 

I remember this exact passage of play as well. Hilarious yet depressing at the same time

• Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Stewart and Ifil as CBs and Byrne at LB in a 4 at the back formation. 

Fuck me, that's a truly 'shudders me with fear' defence.😄

I wonder who would be RB.....?🤔

Rory McArdle was terrible on the ball. He would fit into that back four nicely at RB.