Anthony Stewart

7 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Absolutely no one wants to see that either.  I just question those (including Goodwin from October onwards) who felt/feel his position is somehow recoverable.  A bit like his own attitude to positioning in fact.

You’ve misspelled, ‘he’s left/ leaving’ Like others,  I open this thread in hope that someone with a reliable sauce can confirm this.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Cloughie telling all the Leeds players on his first day that they should throw all their medals in the bin because they won them all by cheating is an absolute classic. 

Shine on you crazy diamond 

Whether that actually happened, I guess only Johnny Giles etc can testify but it probably did.

What an utter cunt Billy Bremner was. The first thing Clough should have done was bin him and all the Revie disciples but he’d have probably lasted less than the 44 days that he did last, had he done that. 

Clough and Peter Taylor are right up there, in the pantheon of great British managers 

6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Whether that actually happened, I guess only Johnny Giles etc can testify but it probably did.

What an utter cunt Billy Bremner was. The first thing Clough should have done was bin him and all the Revie disciples but he’d have probably lasted less than the 44 days that he did last, had he done that. 

Clough and Peter Taylor are right up there, in the pantheon of great British managers 

Aye. Winning the title with not only Derby but also again with Nottingham Forest was a major feat. 

And back to back European Cup wins with Forest is up there with any other manager's achievements. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Every team should have a Billy Bremner. Clough made a huge error of judgement in his address to Leeds players. He could and should have said that by avoiding unnecessary battles and bookings they could achieve even greater things. But no. Big ego Clough made a giant boo boo and paid the price. This ironically, made him even more determined to succeed.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Sheep Shagger said:

To add to that.

You couldn't even get a game against Turriff.

You're no getting in the team.

You're no getting on the bench.

I wouldn't even let you on the fucking bus.

You are the most responsible after Goodwin for last season. Get to fuck.

Could we be avoiding injury with him though? Would be dreadful to tee up a move only for it to be scuppered by an injury playing 45 minutes against a highland league team in a pre-season friendly, when we hopefully have no intention of using him anyway. Devil's advocate here ofcourse

His first touch was a headed clearance back into the danger zone which fell to a Broch player. A few more iffy moments had me recollecting his performances from last season. Rather we moved him on asap.

It wasn't all him but the entire defence (and midfield) in 2nd half at Fraserburgh was a downgrade. Zero shots at goal from FFC in first half and a few including a save in the second. Midfield not protecting defence, defence not stopping the chances. Stewart at the heart of it. 

That said, it doesn't look like we're in a huge rush to get rid of him so I think if he goes it'll be because we've got other CBs in and in the last days of the window.

1 hour ago, a don in oz said:

It wasn't all him but the entire defence (and midfield) in 2nd half at Fraserburgh was a downgrade. Zero shots at goal from FFC in first half and a few including a save in the second. Midfield not protecting defence, defence not stopping the chances. Stewart at the heart of it. 

That said, it doesn't look like we're in a huge rush to get rid of him so I think if he goes it'll be because we've got other CBs in and in the last days of the window.

I know my stream was shite but I seem to remember Roos saving a shot.

2 hours ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

One of the problems with Stewart is that there is nothing you can really do with him, (except get rid) He’d never make a fullback, midfielder, sweeper etc. basically stuck with a 2nd rate CH

How much cash is he asking for to fuck off? Is the replacement we can afford with the saving superior to Stewart, and better for overall morale.

The answer is probably give him the payoff, back fill for one season with a cheapo loanee and then wait to next season for the full salary to be spare cash in the budget