Bojan Miovski

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

So how much do you think Miovski is worth and what he will be sold for? Genuine question

A lot more than either arse cheek will come close to offering that’s for sure.

I think we will lose him in summer 100% but no danger either of them will pay Aberdeen the kind of fee other actual respectable clubs will be willing/able to offer.

Think we’re talking £6/7m (up front) at very least before we’ll even consider allowing him to talk to other clubs

The guy is fantastic, everything about him is quality. His movement is excellent and with purpose, his finishing is, generally, very good. He brings others into play, he's good up front on his own and he can play with others, like when Duk was interested. He's a very intelligent player and we should be going upwards of £8 million. The Huns don't have that, Celtic do but won't pay it, whoever, but we appear better at getting decent fees than previously. 

• Upvote 1

Sad that one of our best strikers has never had the opportunity to play in a decent Aberdeen team. 

How many goals could he have scored with the right service? 

Sadly I think we will cash in before Thelin gets a chance to build a decent team around him. 

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

A lot more than either arse cheek will come close to offering that’s for sure.

I think we will lose him in summer 100% but no danger either of them will pay Aberdeen the kind of fee other actual respectable clubs will be willing/able to offer.

Think we’re talking £6/7m (up front) at very least before we’ll even consider allowing him to talk to other clubs

Will be a club record fee for sure, I would assume with a minimum starting point of £6m base fee. Anything else would be a failure.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, perthshirered said:

The guy is fantastic, everything about him is quality. His movement is excellent and with purpose, his finishing is, generally, very good. He brings others into play, he's good up front on his own and he can play with others, like when Duk was interested. He's a very intelligent player and we should be going upwards of £8 million. The Huns don't have that, Celtic do but won't pay it, whoever, but we appear better at getting decent fees than previously. 

Without a shadow of a doubt loon.

Out of the last 6 players we sold for £1 million and over, arguably we got more than the market value for at least 2 of them (Cosgrove and McCrorie), which wouldn't have happened not so long ago.

I think we'll get £7-8m up front for him. We have done pretty well in transfer negotiations in recent years and Miovski is the one who stands out the most. Best striker in Scotland, banged in the goals two seasons in a row, including Europe, regular international starter now too. I would think an Italian, Spanish, German or English top league team would see him as a bargain with further resale value in another couple seasons time.

2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Without a shadow of a doubt loon.

Out of the last 6 players we sold for £1 million and over, arguably we got more than the market value for at least 2 of them (Cosgrove and McCrorie), which wouldn't have happened not so long ago.

I'd thrown in Ramsay too. 

31 minutes ago, davierobb said:

Not sure the Dutch league will be big enough for Bojan. Not highly thought of outside of Holland. 

He wants to go to England.

It’s such a fucked league that Sutton United can probably pay more than Feyernoord.

Papa Gueye is still available @Feyernoord

Bojan is worth 10mil easy, unfortunately we will end up with 7m most likely. If he played in a rangers or celtic shirt they would probably get double that for him, sad reality the lack of market power we hold. 

The money has to be reinvested mostly in the playing squad. The quality of player we buy needs to be stepped up and for that you need to spend money. I'm not suggesting we do a sevco and leave ourselves on the brink of liquidation but if we have a big income for a player it needs to be sensibly reinvested.

Bojan was a bargain really at 500k or whatever it was, might get lucky again with players costing similar, but talent at that price is hard to find. We have the added possibility of a couple million for Ferguson and anybody else who may during the transfer window. 10m in the bank there's no excuse for not spending at least half of that on quality players. 

Anyway, will be sad to see him go but he will leave with best wishes from all at AFC I'm sure.

53 minutes ago, C'monEweReds said:

Bojan is worth 10mil easy, unfortunately we will end up with 7m most likely. If he played in a rangers or celtic shirt they would probably get double that for him, sad reality the lack of market power we hold. 

The money has to be reinvested mostly in the playing squad. The quality of player we buy needs to be stepped up and for that you need to spend money. I'm not suggesting we do a sevco and leave ourselves on the brink of liquidation but if we have a big income for a player it needs to be sensibly reinvested.

Bojan was a bargain really at 500k or whatever it was, might get lucky again with players costing similar, but talent at that price is hard to find. We have the added possibility of a couple million for Ferguson and anybody else who may during the transfer window. 10m in the bank there's no excuse for not spending at least half of that on quality players. 

Anyway, will be sad to see him go but he will leave with best wishes from all at AFC I'm sure.

Thats a facile analogy though,  isn't it?

If he played for celtic or "rangers" he would be getting a higher salary and he would be playing in a higher level in Europe

That's why they get more for their players than we do

Common sense 

1 hour ago, C'monEweReds said:

Don’t think Ferguson will be sold in summer now

8 minutes ago, Millertime said:

If he played for celtic or "rangers" he would be getting a higher salary and he would be playing in a higher level in Europe

Common sense 

That's all true, but it's still the case that players that play for Scottish clubs are seriously undervalued. 

20 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

The state of our stadium? Surely that is quite a good excuse?

Well we can't have it both ways, complain about the product on the pitch and that we need a new stadium. That's why I said at least half, put the rest towards the stadium if they wish. 

The point is we have expectations when it comes to results. New stadium is years and years off by the time its funded and built and if we don't invest in the squad properly the teams around us will leave us in the distance.

Hearts and Hibs being the main two. Hibs have a new investor on board and could be ready to put a fair wedge in any day. Hearts have European group stages and will be looking to improve again on last season, I can see them putting their hands in their pocket. 

I'm wary of us remaining stationery whilst other teams move on, and when we take in big amounts of money it has to be utilised. 

22 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Common sense 

Yeah I agree, I don't see a part in that paragraph where I said anything about it being not right? I said that's our reality? 

Not sure what the point your making here is

4 minutes ago, C'monEweReds said:

Well we can't have it both ways, complain about the product on the pitch and that we need a new stadium. That's why I said at least half, put the rest towards the stadium if they wish. 

The point is we have expectations when it comes to results. New stadium is years and years off by the time its funded and built and if we don't invest in the squad properly the teams around us will leave us in the distance.

Hearts and Hibs being the main two. Hibs have a new investor on board and could be ready to put a fair wedge in any day. Hearts have European group stages and will be looking to improve again on last season, I can see them putting their hands in their pocket. 

I'm wary of us remaining stationery whilst other teams move on, and when we take in big amounts of money it has to be utilised. 

spacer.png

:checkit: