Bojan Miovski

5 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

It could be a criticism and a valid one. I for one despaired at that particular miss.

Strikers are judged primarily on the goals they score, and secondly on their assists, movement and link up play. 

Miovski has been lacking in the former of late in my opinion. 

Yup

The header too as well as inexplicably not even going for a superb ball across from hoilett in the first half

The guy has been poor for months and why folk don't acknowledge it is bizarre 

• Dildo 1

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yup

The header too as well as inexplicably not even going for a superb ball across from hoilett in the first half

The guy has been poor for months and why folk don't acknowledge it is bizarre 

His finishing hasn't been great lately.  Seems a bit heavy legged compared to earlier in the season and not as mentally sharp. 

Similar to Devlin. 

My theory is that he and Miovski have been flogged this season due to a lack of viable options and are mentally and physically knackered. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

His finishing hasn't been great lately.  Seems a bit heavy legged compared to earlier in the season and not as mentally sharp. 

Similar to Devlin. 

My theory is that he and Miovski have been flogged this season due to a lack of viable options and are mentally and physically knackered. 

Yep absolutely possible as he's started pretty much every game and hardly comes off either

Just rest him then!

Just checked - 50 appearances, crazy 

• Dildo 1
1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Yep absolutely possible as he's started pretty much every game and hardly comes off either

Just rest him then!

Hopefully we'll see Milne and Sokler a bit more now that we're safe. 

Livingston at home will be a bit of a farewell party though so reckon he'll start that game then get taken off for a wee ovation 

I hope Bojan is given the honour of wearing the captains armband before the end of the season.  He's turned into a true leader this season and a proper team player unlike many strikers who are just out for their own gain and glory.  How many times did he score this season and rather than celebrate he just grabbed the ball and told his team mates to get back to their own half so the game could continue as soon as possible.

It would be a nice gesture to led him lead the team out before he goes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Agent Dildo said:

I hope Bojan is given the honour of wearing the captains armband before the end of the season.  He's turned into a true leader this season and a proper team player unlike many strikers who are just out for their own gain and glory.  How many times did he score this season and rather than celebrate he just grabbed the ball and told his team mates to get back to their own half so the game could continue as soon as possible.

It would be a nice gesture to led him lead the team out before he goes.

Just a pity his last game for us wasn't the Cup Final but hey ho.

6 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Serie A beckons for him.

He will be missed so much. Absolutely love him.

Sokler will step up.

First 2 paragraphs, I agree.

Last paragraph? I’m not sure he’ll ever be the no1 centre forward at Pittodrie.

Put it this way, if we get a massive fee for Bojan, I really hope we’re looking at, for us, a big money replacement being bought. 

5 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

I'd like to see us offer him a years extension with a buy out clause put in. Would love to get another year with him working with Jimmy and his new recruits 

And I’d like a long weekend inside Jennifer Lopez.

Neither are happening.

• Haha 5

I loved seeing Bojan up off the bench and on the trackside celebrating the 4th goal today.  Far too many strikers out there who take the huff when they are subbed and just want to get out of there.  I seen Kyogo sitting on the Celtic bench yesterday looking miserable as fuck after being replaced, you see it all the time with forwards so it's refreshing to see a player who actually seems to get what it means for the team to score instead of only being interested in his own goals.

He's got a fantastic attitude and I think he appreciates what we have done for his career as much as we appreciate everything he has done for us.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

First 2 paragraphs, I agree.

Last paragraph? I’m not sure he’ll ever be the no1 centre forward at Pittodrie.

Put it this way, if we get a massive fee for Bojan, I really hope we’re looking at, for us, a big money replacement being bought. 

Before we fucked up this season and entered complete disarray with the squad I was convinced we'd break our transfer record with the Bojan replacement.

Not so convinced now given we have a lot of surgery to get through and already have Duk, Sokler, Gueye and Bavidge

26 minutes ago, slippers said:

Was picture of him and wife on pitch last night after everyone left. A bit like the pic of Hayes. I think he will know he’s probably played his last game for us. 

Not convinced like. Weekend of 12-14 July is right round corner and the period from now until then does tend to be quieter. 

22 minutes ago, minijc said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Bojan and the club knew exactly where he was going...

Agreed but the period during the Euros may well be quiet, transfer wise, and the biggest players might wait until the tournament is over.

We will play our first competitive before the tournament is finished