Kelle Roos

47 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That’s deflecting away from the main issue imo. No doubt Roos (& the defence) have had some stinkers this season but Robson is the issue
Fix the main issue first then see how a decent manager works with the team. 

Now is not the time to allow Robson to hide behind shitey excuses 

No, Cormack and the FMB is the issue. 

Goal keepers are no where near as good as the were before the last 10 yrs, 

Back before then they were coached to come collect crosses, , to catch ( remember all those yrs back they caught balls?) Balls ,

And when they came for crosses the mantra used to be if you don't get the ball clear out the players.

I remember watching Henry Smith coming for crosses with his knee up , a great tactic to disperse the attackers

58 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Goal keepers are no where near as good as the were before the last 10 yrs, 

Back before then they were coached to come collect crosses, , to catch ( remember all those yrs back they caught balls?) Balls ,

And when they came for crosses the mantra used to be if you don't get the ball clear out the players.

I remember watching Henry Smith coming for crosses with his knee up , a great tactic to disperse the attackers

What nonsense, Leighton wasn't very good with cross balls, various other keepers who played at the highest level couldnt come for a cross ball, the difference was there defenders protected them by heading the ball away.

9 hours ago, ullevi said:

What nonsense, Leighton wasn't very good with cross balls, various other keepers who played at the highest level couldnt come for a cross ball, the difference was there defenders protected them by heading the ball away.

Gtf, I thought Leighton was great at coming for cross balls the keepers 20 yrs ago were far better at it.

I blame the demise of Uhslport, Reusch,and sondico the glove manufacturers.

Proper gloves for proper keepers 

9 hours ago, ullevi said:

Hmmmmm not sure that I would agree with your assessment.

the worry is his inability at crosses has been apparent from day one. His inability to keep out a poor shot at his near post for the wrongly disallowed goal is more of a concern. If he won't come off his line, cannot start quick attacks, cannot kick out and if we add unable to save shots my mother in law could keep out........

he also has started doing an annoying calm down gesture we we begin to voice our displeasure....gonnae nae do that.

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

Gtf, I thought Leighton was great at coming for cross balls the keepers 20 yrs ago were far better at it.

I blame the demise of Uhslport, Reusch,and sondico the glove manufacturers.

Proper gloves for proper keepers 

I don’t think Leighton was that good with cross balls either but to be fair, I don’t recall Aberdeen ever having a goalie that was. Theo tended to punch it.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

I don’t think Leighton was that good with cross balls either but to be fair, I don’t recall Aberdeen ever having a goalie that was. Theo tended to punch it.

Lewis was brilliant with cross balls. A rare breed that actually caught the fucking thing rather than punched

On 1/24/2024 at 10:29 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

That’s deflecting away from the main issue imo. No doubt Roos (& the defence) have had some stinkers this season but Robson is the issue

Exactly, if Cormack hadn't scrimped and saved and brought in a decent manager, then we'd be in a position to better judge the squad (which I actually think should be capable of 3rd place, given how mediocre Hearts are).

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, englishred said:

As much as i think he's taking too many risks , he's obviously been told to play this way.  

What, hit crap kicks out 40 yards, across the deck to the opposition?

Come out like an idiot and be beaten to the ball and concede?

He's the WORST kind of crap player- one that swans about with completely misplaced arrogance 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Millertime said:

What, hit crap kicks out 40 yards, across the deck to the opposition?

Come out like an idiot and be beaten to the ball and concede?

He's the WORST kind of crap player- one that swans about with completely misplaced arrogance 

Telling fans to calm down. Maybe if he played with some urgency we wouldn’t need to be on edge 

17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Waits far too long to play the ball. Opposition are back in shape every time before he gets the play started 

He's the one hangover from the early Goodwin days when we conceded from every cross that came in. Time to get rid like the rest of that "defence"

On 1/25/2024 at 12:29 AM, fine-n-dandy said:

Roos has got to be held accountable for his own mistakes. It isn’t one or two. We have had three in the last three games.

21 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Waits far too long to play the ball. Opposition are back in shape every time before he gets the play started 

What is your goalkeeping coach doing in training. His kicking which has never been good has got even worse.Surely that could be improved on ,on the training ground.

1 minute ago, G man said:

What is your goalkeeping coach doing in training. His kicking which has never been good has got even worse.Surely that could be improved on ,on the training ground.

Our goalkeeping coach is a complete chancer. 

Was surprised he got the gig in the first place and even more surprised he was kept on once Goodwin departed.