Kelle Roos

Aye, we have been stung before losing a top keeper in January and replacing him with shite.

The only option on Roos is an upgrade. He is very good on his day but seems to lack motivation and with Doohan as his understudy seems to have slumped slightly this season. He has to be replaced properly.

Roos is a good keeper, but hardly irreplaceable. Erratic first half of last season, followed by a very strong second half (post injury). Though this coincided with us sorting the defence, which is a contributing factor. This season he's been somewhere inbetween.

If Kelle wants to move on, good luck to him. I'd rather we move for his replacement in January than wait till the summer. But the main thing is the team isn't disadvantaged in any way. Don't want a repeat of Danny Ward to Scott Brown scenario.

I can't see us signing Roos' replacement in January (nor do I see us selling Roos) but I would definitely want to see whoever it is we identify signed on a pre-contract. 

I'm not saying I particularly want him but Kelly from Motherwell is o/o/c next summer. He wasn't great against us last week but there is a reason why he's made a fair number of Scotland squads in the past couple of years.....consistency of performance. Will be interesting to see who gets the nod for the Scotland starting position next week between him and Clark. I don't see Kelly as being any worse or any better than Roos but I'm sure he'll be considered as a potential replacement.

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm not saying I particularly want him but Kelly from Motherwell is o/o/c next summer. He wasn't great against us last week but there is a reason why he's made a fair number of Scotland squads in the past couple of years.....consistency of performance. Will be interesting to see who gets the nod for the Scotland starting position next week between him and Clark. I don't see Kelly as being any worse or any better than Roos but I'm sure he'll be considered as a potential replacement.

Alternatively, Kelly gets in so money squads because he's one of about half a dozen Scottish goalkeepers that play regularly throughout the world.

Nae fussed who we get but preferably some big ugly fucker who comes for crosses (successfully). 

6 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

The word on various podcast streets is that neither Roos or Barron have any intention of signing new contracts, so I’d assume alternative plans are already being made for that eventuality. 

Na I doubt it. They'll probably use the extra wage that is freed up to sign another back up striker (not forgetting to pat themselves on the back).

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I can't see us signing Roos' replacement in January (nor do I see us selling Roos) but I would definitely want to see whoever it is we identify signed on a pre-contract. 

Ticks the HG quota too which is a bonus

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Crazy palm right into the 18 yard box from a save too

He's a weirdo

Out 

Was that the 2 handed fist that could've landed at anyone when it was easier to catch it? Worst case he should've palmed it out the way for a throw/corner but no, he put a simple save right back to the danger zone.

Best keeper in the league though...

• Upvote 1