The Luis Lopes Thread

Noticed his contract is up in a year. 

This season has been a big disappointment given what he produced last year, however we need to get him to sign an extension. We know what he is capable of and with the right management and playing style he'll come good again. 

Not to mention we should be taking in a fair bit for him when he does eventually move, would fucking depressing to let him go on a free. 

1 hour ago, C'monEweReds said:

Noticed his contract is up in a year. 

This season has been a big disappointment given what he produced last year, however we need to get him to sign an extension. We know what he is capable of and with the right management and playing style he'll come good again. 

Not to mention we should be taking in a fair bit for him when he does eventually move, would fucking depressing to let him go on a free. 

Aye a big decision needs made on him for the new manager, either sell in the summer or offer a new deal.

Quite likely after we inevitably sell Miovski and if he becomes our main striker next season that he finds his form again. Don't want him going for peanuts or nothing the following summer.

When Miovski goes in the summer, Duk becomes the main man and bags 25 goals next season no problem as the starting centre forward and taking penalties. Give the boy a new contract and make him the star man. Get the feeling he probably wants to move on though after a couple of seasons freezin his bits off in Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, RUL said:

There’s no danger duk is signing a new contract at afc. He hates living here and wants to move abroad asap. Source his bird

If this is the case he needs to be sold in summer, won't get nearly as much for him as we would have this time last year buy that's just business is it. Would be criminal to let him go for nothing.

4 hours ago, C'monEweReds said:

If this is the case he needs to be sold in summer, won't get nearly as much for him as we would have this time last year buy that's just business is it. Would be criminal to let him go for nothing.

Tried to force a move in January in fairness.

Odemeingie vibes.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JakieBastard said:

I would far rather another season of Duk being brilliant and losing him for nothing, rather than getting about £2M for him this summer

This is the attitude I like. I want to watch good football, not care how much Cormack has in the bank.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
On 4/10/2024 at 10:59 PM, JakieBastard said:

I would far rather another season of Duk being brilliant and losing him for nothing, rather than getting about £2M for him this summer

I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if we got offered anything near £2 million for Duk. I suspect you'll be lucky to get near £750k now and if half of that is going to Benfica then there is diddly squat point in selling him.

Top four next season with Duk banging in goals is worth more than £375k now.

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if we got offered anything near £2 million for Duk. I suspect you'll be lucky to get near £750k now and if half of that is going to Benfica then there is diddly squat point in selling him.

Top four next season with Duk banging in goals is worth more than £375k now.

Exactly this. Hopefully the new manager can get something out of him next season. But with lack of game time I’d imagine he will want out in summer. If he can recapture decent form he’s def worth more to us thatn 50% of a bid under 1m. 

On 4/10/2024 at 3:11 PM, C'monEweReds said:

We’re due half of any fee to Benfica so he’s worth more to us in the team. Provided we can get him firing again that is

On 4/10/2024 at 10:59 PM, JakieBastard said:

Agreed.

The sell on fee is significant anyway so maybe as well keep him around.

Maybe £3m plus sell on fee would be worth selling at but I don’t think anyone would offer close to it.

He clearly doesn't want to be in Aberdeen. I'd suspect that he doesn't want to be anywhere in Scotland.

Clubs will know that he only has a year left on his contract. They'll also know he tried his best to engineer himself a move away in the January window. So if they're interested in buying him, they're likely going to try low-balling us. And with us having to cough up half of anything we get for him to Benfica, it's doubtful we'll make a big profit on him. 

Under those circumstances, I'd normally say we'd be best just to keep him for the last season of his contract and accept losing him for free. If we could be sure he'd perform as he did in his first season, it'd be well worth taking that hit. But the loon just looks unhappy all round. He's been ok in flashes but generally he's been poor, certainly in comparison to what he did last season. Sadly I think it's best for everyone we just let him go in the summer.....not for peanuts but if we could get a fee of over £1.5m we'd be giving Thelin a decent chunk of cash to try to source a replacement. 

On 4/10/2024 at 1:54 PM, RUL said:

There’s no danger duk is signing a new contract at afc. He hates living here and wants to move abroad asap. Source his bird

If that’s true (and his performance and demeanour throughout this season suggests that it is) then I hope the new manager wants shot of him asap.

First thing the new manager needs to do is get any players who don’t want to be here as far away from the first team as reasonably possible.

On 4/12/2024 at 5:10 PM, NEM said:

We’re due half of any fee to Benfica so he’s worth more to us in the team. Provided we can get him firing again that is

Hmmm, it just makes me feel fucking sick giving him away for nothing in a year when at one time I thought he would make us 4 or 5 million (before Benfica fee). Anyway, it is what it is. 

1 minute ago, 1903Fitba said:

What has happened to this bloke? Worst player on the park today, embarrassingly bad. 

Yes it has been sad to see what has happened to him this season. Would have had him subbed at half time.

17 minutes ago, 1903Fitba said:

What has happened to this bloke? Worst player on the park today, embarrassingly bad. 

I thought that was him looking better than recent weeks....

We are looking at less than a million now. 

Unlike Miovski, holding out for longer has burned us here. Should have sold in January 2023 or Summer 2023.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

He played pretty well today. Defended really well, nullified Taylor and got us up the pitch by carrying the ball quite a few times. 

Yeah, other than a few totally needless dives he was ok. Definitely being overly exaggerated how poor he was but mostly because of said dives. 

Despite Hoilett 2 misses, he was far superior to Duk today.

Duk spent more time diving than he did playing.

However I will agree with Parkie in the fact he did assist defensively well at times.

It's just unfortunate in an attacking sense he doesn't really know what he's to do when he runs with the ball so goes down, easily.