Leighton Clarkson

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

No he wouldn't

He wouldn't even be ahead of Ferguson when you look at the crop of midfielders selected for the 2 internationals in the coming days

Forgot about him! Fair point TC.

anyway, who cares about the hypotheticals! Still a little in shock that he’s just signed a 4 year.

fucking brilliant news. Well done AFC and those with the sauces that called it was happening on Thursday...

Brilliant news.

The loan players who do well up here, never end up signing for us.

Maddison, Ward, Christie. I'd put Clarkson up with them. A really important day for the club and a pretty groundbreaking signing.

For those that worry about the cost. It isn't a gamble, you already know how good he is and with European revenue the club can clearly afford him.

Just enjoy it for a few years. This boy has got some talent.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

Is that the same Scotland that Ross McCrorie got a call up to?

Clarkson > McCrorie 

Well if Clarkson stays with us for the full 4 years, he'll qualify for Scotland under the residency rule I think. I hope he does both things in the fullness of time

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Russell said:

I think this sends out a strong message to these young boys at the bigger clubs - come to Aberdeen on loan and you too can win yourself a big move to the famous

But hopefully it also sends a message to the young developmental loons too. Step up. This club is going places. Step up or step off...

• Thanks 1

This is brilliant, hoping we could pull this off but didn’t think we could, great start to the window and shows Dave is starting to put his money where his mouth is, kudos for that.

nobody has been as critical and harsh towards Gunn but that’s stops now, great effort from burrows and Robson to persuade him also, so excited for the season to start now, 1st place here we come🥇

• Upvote 1