Leighton Clarkson

5 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

He’s still a kid and learning,MAD. For me he’s a naturally talented footballer and has an instinct and an awareness for a pass that you can’t teach. Neither Ramadani, McRorie, Shinnie etc could see and play some of the passes he does. 

Agreed! He’s a very good footballer and I do think he consistently turns up, irrespective of the opposition. Personally, I think his technical level is miles ahead of anyone else we had in the squad last year. The problem is almost that he runs the risk of playing a bad pass, in the eyes of many, when it’s the right pass, but his team mates are not where they should be ,or on the same level as he is. 

Really good player, with the chance to be special. If he was Scottish he would be in the current international squad. 

It would be quite a coup if he was here next season and I really hope he is. Great to watch and with better players around him, he would be even better. 

5 hours ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Gillhaus was a proven Dutch international when we signed him. Calm down 

And Pollok won’t be back.

True! We signed Gillhaus when he lost his place to Romario 😂. Fucking, Romario!! Heady days back then. Gillhaus up top with Charlie Nick, who we signed from arsenal! That requires a sharp intake of breath in comparison to Leon Mike etc.

LC has great potential, which I’m sure he will fulfil,  but players like Gillhaus would be worth many millions in today’s market and he would have played for most teams in the current EPL. We signed him as a proven player. 

These days, we’re in the market for potential quality, which LC is, but any comparison to some of our great signings is a little bullish..

8 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

Agreed! He’s a very good footballer and I do think he consistently turns up, irrespective of the opposition. Personally, I think his technical level is miles ahead of anyone else we had in the squad last year. The problem is almost that he runs the risk of playing a bad pass, in the eyes of many, when it’s the right pass, but his team mates are not where they should be ,or on the same level as he is. 

Really good player, with the chance to be special. If he was Scottish he would be in the current international squad. 

It would be quite a coup if he was here next season and I really hope he is. Great to watch and with better players around him, he would be even better. 

No he wouldn't

He wouldn't even be ahead of Ferguson when you look at the crop of midfielders selected for the 2 internationals in the coming days

8 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

He's a class act but i disagree.  Plenty games he was invisible but who can blame him when the others alongside him were the same.  

If Rodgers goes to the Tims i can see him going for him.  

2 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

He's a class act but i disagree.  Plenty games he was invisible but who can blame him when the others alongside him were the same.  

If Rodgers goes to the Tims i can see him going for him.  

Celtic don't need him but anyway hopefully  he'll have signed on the dotted line at Pittodrie before Rodgers signs on the dotted line at Celtic.

8 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

That’s never stopped them signing players other Scottish clubs want before

Very true... but i'm sure Rodgers will have been promised a bucketload of cash to spend on transfers and so can't see his priority being to sign a player just to screw over an Aberdeen team that finished 42 points behind them last season.