Leighton Clarkson

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Well I'd agree but given Liverpool are still due us a fair bit of cash for the the Ramsay transfer last summer (transfer fees are generally paid up  in instalments over the length of the contract that the player signs with his new club and not in a lump sum)......it would surely be more sensible just to deduct whatever we value Clarkson at off the balance of the Ramsay fee and use any further cash from Europe to buy a couple of other targets. I'm thinking in particular of trying to tempt Watford into selling us Pollock

Was thinking the same thing. Just write off whatever Liverpool owe us for Ramsay to bring Clarkson in. We then get the full value of the player plus what he contributes on the park each week. Liverpool get one less wage to pay and save money on Ramsay

1 minute ago, Daisy1903 said:

Was thinking the same thing. Just write off whatever Liverpool owe us for Ramsay to bring Clarkson in. We then get the full value of the player plus what he contributes on the park each week. Liverpool get one less wage to pay and save money on Ramsay

Really don’t understand this logic if we are talking about guaranteed instalments, as it’s the same thing as paying the equivalent for Clarkson. 

If it’s theoretical add ons then it’s a different situation, albeit going by his first year with the club perhaps it’s unlikely we will see appearance related add ons etc so Liverpool will have a similar view.

However we get him I don’t care though, worth forking out serious cash on him given we know he will do the business, even if it was to get similar money back we paid for him in a couple of years. 

What a difference getting 3rd, this would seem a lot less likely otherwise, get it you Hearts.

Didn't realise the difference in SPFL prize money this season was £1m between 3rd and 4th place. By finishing 3rd we get £3.5m as opposed to £2.5m for 4th and £2m for 5th. Assuming Celtic beat Caley next week which will net us guaranteed euro group stage millions added together with the £750k McKenna add on payment and surely an extra £1.5m prize money to what was realistically expected at the start of February then hopefully we will be in a position to have a chance of keeping players like Clarkson and Pollock next season both financially and with the lure of a minimum 8 european fixtures.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

I wonder if Liverpool will be looking to loan out Ramsay next season?

I'd imagine they will. He's had a shitty time with injuries but even despite those, he's not close to overhauling Terence Trent D'Arby for a starting spot.

But it won't be to a club in Scotland. 

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Proud Dandy said:

Really don’t understand this logic if we are talking about guaranteed instalments, as it’s the same thing as paying the equivalent for Clarkson. 

If it’s theoretical add ons then it’s a different situation, albeit going by his first year with the club perhaps it’s unlikely we will see appearance related add ons etc so Liverpool will have a similar view.

However we get him I don’t care though, worth forking out serious cash on him given we know he will do the business, even if it was to get similar money back we paid for him in a couple of years. 

What a difference getting 3rd, this would seem a lot less likely otherwise, get it you Hearts.

Just reduce sell on clause percentage from 20% to 10% plus loan him(Ramsay)back next season 👍🤣

35 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

I wonder if Liverpool will be looking to loan out Ramsay next season?

🤞🤞🤞

6 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

Didn't realise the difference in SPFL prize money this season was £1m between 3rd and 4th place. By finishing 3rd we get £3.5m as opposed to £2.5m for 4th and £2m for 5th. Assuming Celtic beat Caley next week which will net us guaranteed euro group stage millions added together with the £750k McKenna add on payment and surely an extra £1.5m prize money to what was realistically expected at the start of February then hopefully we will be in a position to have a chance of keeping players like Clarkson and Pollock next season both financially and with the lure of a minimum 8 european fixtures.

Add in the possibility of ferguson moving to a top club for millions as well, sell ons could be very useful this summer

Can't see it mentioned elsewhere and to fuck with reading through all the pant pishing in the wake of today's result but I've saw multiple posts on twitter stating Alan Burrows mentioned in the Q&A held in Glasgow last night that Liverpool have already agreed to let Clarkson return here next season and the decision now rests with Clarkson as to whether that will happen, it was also stated he said the money being received from the add on of McKenna staying up with Forest would be put towards trying to sign Scales on a permanent deal dependent on how realistic the Tims are regarding a fee.

Anyone there that can confirm?

3 hours ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Can't see it mentioned elsewhere and to fuck with reading through all the pant pishing in the wake of today's result but I've saw multiple posts on twitter stating Alan Burrows mentioned in the Q&A held in Glasgow last night that Liverpool have already agreed to let Clarkson return here next season and the decision now rests with Clarkson as to whether that will happen, it was also stated he said the money being received from the add on of McKenna staying up with Forest would be put towards trying to sign Scales on a permanent deal dependent on how realistic the Tims are regarding a fee.

Anyone there that can confirm?

Burrows letting all the cats out of the all the bags? 

Just now, donswin1983 said:

Loan, permanent, kidnap, torture or blackmail. Fitever it takes, get the wee cunt signed AFC, he’s quality…

Also my youngests favourite player, which in itself is sufficient justification! 

Permanent or Loan with no new Liverpool contract or both fine

5 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Why not?

Pointless. He's already played for us and showed he can cope at our level. For different reasons, the arse cheeks wouldn't be interested in taking him in on loan ( He's not going to get a game at sevco ahead of their captain and the Canadian boy at Celtic is just better than him right now).

I think they'll stick him into a Championship club for a season, probably one that's fairly close geographically like Blackburn, Preston or Stoke so their coaches can keep a close eye on his progress.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Pointless. He's already played for us and showed he can cope at our level. For different reasons, the arse cheeks wouldn't be interested in taking him in on loan ( He's not going to get a game at sevco ahead of their captain and the Canadian boy at Celtic is just better than him right now).

I think they'll stick him into a Championship club for a season, probably one that's fairly close geographically like Blackburn, Preston or Stoke so their coaches can keep a close eye on his progress.

You said all the EXACT same stuff last season. It was made up shite that was directly contradicted by the Liverpool manager. 

😂