Gigs 2023

Was at Robbie Williams and Gaz Coombes last night at some winery out in the middle of nowhere.

if you get the chance, Gaz Coombes is well worth seeing. One of the best gigs of the year for me - his guitar playing is great.

Robbie just spoke the whole time about how he used to take drugs and pump multiple women and now his wife and kids bring him more happiness than any of those excesses.  Not really fooling any man tbh. Mums lapped it up though.

morrissey tonight. Excellent 

4 hours ago, Poodler said:

Was at Robbie Williams and Gaz Coombes last night at some winery out in the middle of nowhere.

if you get the chance, Gaz Coombes is well worth seeing. One of the best gigs of the year for me - his guitar playing is great.

Robbie just spoke the whole time about how he used to take drugs and pump multiple women and now his wife and kids bring him more happiness than any of those excesses.  Not really fooling any man tbh. Mums lapped it up though.

Is this your way of coming out that you’re actually Robbie Williams?

9 hours ago, Poodler said:

Coral are a solid band. Albums are usually good C2C. 

I feel that they are very underrated, played a big part in the UK music scene but don't get as much love as they probably should.  I mind one TITP they were playing around 1pm on the sunday, be lucky if there was more than 3k in to see them.

10 hours ago, Poodler said:

Didnt think Gaz Coombes/Supergrass would have been your cup of tea.

#britpop

32 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

im more concerned about it being a robbie williams gig (and the forthcoming darkness one)

gettin a bit worried tbh

Get free tix to most things here (her dads work) so just cruise on down. A day in the sun 

someone else took the mogwai tix though so fucked for that one annoyingly 

2 hours ago, alscotoz said:

@Poodlerdid you miss out on the Morrissey concert? I'm supposed to see him Monday night. Sounds like a lazy cunt.

Apparently he missed the flight but the rest of the band was here. Also heard the bassist had an accident, dunno what to believe.

it’ll be ironic if he does Melbourne - the only shows not to sell out - I think he’s a little bit controversial for Melbourne with his views on immigration 😂

dunno why people still get upset about what he says, he’s just a good wind up 

sure you’ll enjoy it anyway, Tokyo looks like it was decento 

On 12/2/2023 at 1:53 PM, styrofoamplates said:

Probably the band I have seen most. Think I've seen them nine times in total. Twice at festivals when they replaced someone else who had dropped out (think it was Kula Shaker and maybe Cast). 

Absolutely fantastic live band. 

They are very good live. 
think I saw them at the now defunct abc after watching our infamous semi final defeat to qots. 
A real up and down day. Or down and up. 

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

Did you go to Morrissey @alscotoz

Yeah just got back. Enjoyed it. Think he was in a decent mood. Few empty seats. Had a bit of a video montage that went for about 40 minutes at the start and he was on for just short of 90. Majority solo stuff, but a good mix. Decent band, good drummer.

Said something about Perth... pissed off he was billed as 'nostalgia', could be shite. He subtly got his immigration viewpoint in, maybe missed by a lot.

Voice is still strong. Think a few people were confused at the end because no big encore, but typical if him. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

Here's the playlist, just seen it online. You would have enjoyed, I think:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

• 2 weeks later...