Gigs 2023

On 11/2/2023 at 6:44 PM, Reed or deed said:

Awa n fuck min.

Some good tunes Gun like

Fuck knows why I never knew this band was from Scotland. I do that a lot. When a Scottish personage sings in the Yank style, I just assume that... I assume that they are... a... cunt. God bless them.

Anyone else make that fuck up? Assuming a Scottish singer was from England/USA/Oz, Dundee, etc?

29 minutes ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

Anyone else make that fuck up? Assuming a Scottish singer was from England/USA/Oz, Dundee, etc?

I always thought Amy Macdonald was a deaf Scandinavian girl trying really hard to sing with some sort of irish accent. Was stunned to find she is actually Scottish. Give her popular abomination ‘where you gonna sleep tonight’ a listen and you’ll see what im talking about. 

Horrific stuff. 

16 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

I always thought Amy Macdonald was a deaf Scandinavian girl trying really hard to sing with some sort of irish accent. Was stunned to find she is actually Scottish. Give her popular abomination ‘where you gonna sleep tonight’ a listen and you’ll see what im talking about. 

Horrific stuff. 

When I first saw Michelle McManus, I thought it was Demis Roussos done up in drag as a Samoan... not a Samoan woman, but a Samoan island, like a sort of diorama to educate kids or something. Then I turned the sound on and... well, my house subsided, as I am sure her houses over the years have and my insurance didn't cover morbidly obese singers done up as 1970s Greeks / islands in Polynesia - MICRONESIA, yes, but that's why you should always read the small print. Take it away, Michelle...

14 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Horrific stuff. 

I find her very sexy. 
Kt toadstool too. 

On 12/24/2023 at 1:58 PM, Sooper-hanz said:

The Silencers last night SWG3. Brilliant as always. 

Glad you enjoyed the silencers. 

I think we are now close enough to the end of the year for a retrospective analysis of best and worst gigs. 

best - pulp, national, Shed 7, charlatans and black keys for me. 
worst - no real Ian brown level disasters this year so I’ll probably choose John Bramwell lead singer of semi famous manc band I am Kloot. Was in Manchester for work and fancied a random mid week gig and saw he was doing a solo show in nearby Stockport. Got pished in prep for a raucous show but it turned out to be an acoustic affair at a pub in front of a hushed middle aged almost entirely sober audience.

Lost my good headphones on way back to hotel and spent most of the train journey the next morning spewing in a bag. 

• Haha 1