Holland v Argentina QF

3 minutes ago, Dal Riata Don said:

Holland quietly going about their business.

A dark horse to win the whole thing? 

There's really no dark horses left in the competition. No team has consistently performed at a level that makes them out and out favourites. 

I suspect that Morocco won't win the WC (although I can't completely rule out them eliminating Portugal next up) but for the rest of the 7 teams I think they could all beat each other on a good day and equally lose to each other on a bad day. It's a horrible thought but England could easily find themselves in the final. Fingers crossed that France take care of them.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875

I shall be supporting Argentina because I am a Messi fan boy and the thought of a Brazil v Argentina semi, well it gives me a semi. 

Under normal circumstances I'd want the Dutch to win

However I do want as many teams left in at the semi final stage that have a decent chance of stopping England winning it. It's a big if, but if they beat France, I'm resigned to England being in the final.

I think Argentina are more likely to stop them than the Netherlands. And a semi v Brazil I think could be the best match of the whole tournament.

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Under normal circumstances I'd want the Dutch to win

However I do want as many teams left in at the semi final stage that have a decent chance of stopping England winning it. It's a big if, but if they beat France, I'm resigned to England being in the final.

I think Argentina are more likely to stop them than the Netherlands. And a semi v Brazil I think could be the best match of the whole tournament.

Portugal were pretty impressive last night, don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion the guffs would beat them 

Guest milne_afc
23 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Ach what the fuck. It's all slowly falling into England's hands anyway

Playground logic. England would wipe the floor with Brazil. Croats are through on merit and will give the Frogs a good game.