Argentina 3 - 0 Croatia

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
11 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Aye probably but Maradona for me will always be the best, he won an average Argentina the world cup in 86 and dragged a terrible team to the final in 90.

In addition, he played in an era where defenders were allowed to kick the fuck out of the attackers.

Cheating Argie cunts gave a water bottle spiked with drugs, during play, to Branco of Brazil in the 2nd round game which knocked the Seleçao left back silly...  and they went on to win 1-0 in that game in their run to the final in 1990.

14 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Aye probably but Maradona for me will always be the best, he won an average Argentina the world cup in 86 and dragged a terrible team to the final in 90.

In addition, he played in an era where defenders were allowed to kick the fuck out of the attackers.

And an era where some players, even at international level, were pretty unprofessional and pretty shit. 

15 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Cheating Argie cunts gave a water bottle spiked with drugs, during play, to Branco of Brazil in the 2nd round game which knocked the Seleçao left back silly...  and they went on to win 1-0 in that game in their run to the final in 1990.

Why you cheering for them then ?

They're your rivals.

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
Guest Grays Babylon 1875
10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

And an era where some players, even at international level, were pretty unprofessional and pretty shit. 

Watch the Cameroon documentary on BBC IPlayer.   Their players were literally karate kicking Maradona and Caniggia in the head as they ran by them at Italia 90.   Their (Cameroons) training camp was a former military training base in Yugoslavia.  

Bloody ace likes. 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Very true however just look at the punishment that he took. This video shows the tackle that put him out for a year. The defender "the butcher of Bilbao" got a yellow card.

The same defender put out Bernd Schuster for a year as well. 

23 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

They were just getting their own back for Brazil kicking fuck out of Maradona in 82.

3 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Watch the Cameroon documentary on BBC IPlayer.   Their players were literally karate kicking Maradona and Caniggia in the head as they ran by them at Italia 90.   Their (Cameroons) training camp was a former military training base in Yugoslavia.  

Bloody ace likes. 

So he played against shit players. Okay. 

Maradona was an absolute genius. I wish I was able to see him play more at his best. 

Messi has been the best player on earth for over 15 years though. Not just the best over the last 15 years but the best for pretty much every single one of the last 15 years. Unparalleled genius at a time when the standard of elite level football has never been higher. 

A copa America and a WC in the same year as his crowning glory would be a beautiful thing. 

• Upvote 1
Guest Grays Babylon 1875
4 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

They were just getting their own back for Brazil kicking fuck out of Maradona in 82.

He probably deserved it.  Mouthing off in the tunnel about Zicos wife or the Malvinas or some such thing.  

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Maradona was an absolute genius. I wish I was able to see him play more at his best. 

Messi has been the best player on earth for over 15 years though. Not just the best over the last 15 years but the best for pretty much every single one of the last 15 years. Unparalleled genius at a time when the standard of elite level football has never been higher. 

A copa America and a WC in the same year as his crowning glory would be a beautiful thing. 

This. 

8 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Also had a snoot full of schneef while he was doing it.

Not sure if that helped or hindered his performance to be fair. 

20 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Poor poor fishing 

you used to be good at this 

6 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Maradona is the GOAT. Imagine what he could do these days with the protection players get from refs nowadays. He also won 2 titles and a Uefa Cup with Napoli, who've never achieved much before or since. If the Argies win this WC, Messi can claim to be the 2nd best ever.

Good point re Napoli 

5 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Maradona and Messi are the best players of their respective eras. You then have to compare eras to establish which one is the best but there’s so many differences it’s impossible( not to mention the phenomena of subjectivity). 
 I enjoyed watching Maradona more and it’s a pity there isn’t more tv footage of him in his prime. 

agreed.

Diego is cooler but I’d rather have Messi’s career.