Hearts 5 - 0 Aberdeen

13 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

People will say that's a terrible idea, but I don't think it is. 

We need someone who can take a demoralised squad and galvanise it, like Calderwood or McInnes did when they came in to rescue us from our routine shitshow. 

Miller would command/demand the respect of the players, and at bare minimum ensure there was some fight on the field. This team capitulates all too often, going through the motions until they can just get the fuck off the field for the day, and Goodwin is clearly incapable of putting any fire in these players.  

Miller as the manager with the big stick, Robson as assistant, and Goodwin out the fucking door, because he's never in a million years an Aberdeen manager. 

Then bring in someone who cares more about performances on the pitch than how symmetric his beard is. 

As crazy as that sounds it's not the worst idea 

Goodwin ain't as bad as people are saying, football is somewhat enjoyable to watch until it reverts to defend, defend, defend, you've got to ask yourself is that inherently a Goodwin thing or do we not have the talent to continue to play the way he wants? Personally I think it's the latter, we saw this even with a prime McInnes side, a high press was always fruitful even against the ugly sisters but couldn't me maintained the 90 minutes and we would crumble. That is a bit of a tangent from this game, we were shit... 

But I'd personally give Goodwin another season/half-season, the next transfer window will prove vital, and it runs down his contract for a cheaper buy-out potentially, pearly chompers won't want to admit he made a wrong decision and from an investment point he won't want to make the club look unstable to his cronies. 

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I could live with that, provided it was just till summer

I'm not even suggesting he be literal manager, even just manager in title only.  But we need a man's voice in the dressing room, someone who can command the respect of the players, and someone they'll put in the work for. 

If we want 'modern' tactics then Robson can supply that.  I don't buy that Miller doesn't understand the modern game, though. He sees as much 'modern' football as anyone else.

Anyway, what Goodwin offers I don't know. 

30 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Does anyone trust the ham-fisted oafs at the club to actually appoint a competent manager though? Sacking Goodwin only solves a small part of the actual problem. He should be sacked. Undoubtedly after tonight. But i've said it before and i'll say it again....what self respecting manager would take us on right now? We always go on about others being a basket case. We're one right now. A completely rudderless ship. 

Sack the manager now - that's the immediate danger.

Get a competent caretaker in for the rest of the season.

Move the director of football aside / upstairs / downstairs / cleaning the bogs and start by advertising that role and find someone competent.

Then start the manager search.

28 minutes ago, Dandie1992 said:

Jim Goodwin - Fuck off and go back down to your level before you drag us down to it permanently. An uninspiring appointment from the very start. 

Dave Cormack - Sack yourself. Everything went downhill when he took over. The rumours were abound from day 1 that he wanted his pal Stephen Glass in and wanted an excuse to have McInnes gone and wouldn't back him. 

Any dons fan that believes anything the Yank has ever said can fuck off as well. Fuck the prawcess. We are a joke club and widely mocked.

Cormack definitely needs to step well back from the football operation of the club but first needs to appoint someone capable to head that up properly.

1 minute ago, don corleone said:

The cunt should have been sacked at half time. Surely gone by the morning. He's Been an absolute disaster. 

Goodwins main problem for me is his lack of tactics and organisation.

Any half decent manager would still have been able to organise this motley group of players to keep the game close at least.

Not one player gets pass marks.

Clearly, the fact we've a disjointed defence, is why we're so shite, particularly when we're asked to defend away from home. We've got decent attacking players, but the manner in which the recruitment process has made a train wreck of replacing Consi, Gallagher, Ramsay.... is just shocking. Coulson is not a defender.... never in a million years. That we play Kennedy at full back to accommodate our lack of central cover, just highlights what a poor job Gunn and Goodwin have done.
But for me, the most glaring problem is the tactics. Clarkson was asked to press tonight and to an extent, it was working in the first 10 mins, but the gaps it was leaving in midfield, was crazy. This is just Goodwin, he's tactically naive. Could we not have stuck Richardson in there tonight with a view to keeping things tight - made the midfield compact.... looked to have Duk playing off Miovski? No, he set them up to just go gung-ho and try and get ahead in the game. We have at no point in Goodwin's reign, looked like a team who could defend a 1-0 lead. Not once. So why set your team up like he did... Hayes (done) and Kennedy on the right. Clarkson providing square root of feck all in the role he played.

Alas, Goodwin will not be sacked. Expect more of the same shite for the remainder of the season as we scratch around trying to make the top 6. Goodwin's first few months were his honeymoon period where he was almost given grace to make a meal of things in order to reshape the squad. He's somewhat completed that reshapping and he loaded it all into attacking prowess, neglecting the importance of improving on a fragile and abject defence. 18th Jan and we still have an abject defence. He's taken in more midfielders where priority No1 should have been two full backs and a centre half.

Absolutely skunnered but at same time, almost apathetic to it all.