General Advice Corner

CCB III

Live in a block of flats. Quite a few young families about. Downstairs neighbours have two kids, the older one, who must be around 6/7 is constantly making noise. Feels like every time I'm chilling in my living room it's thump, thump, thump to the point where it's shaking the shelves. 

It's like the kid is doing laps up and down their fucking flat. The Dad is an acquaintance of mine in any case, but I'm not sure how to approach it.

Kids are kids, and you expect some amount of noise, but this crazy. I can't tell though, if it's me being a highly strung weirdo or if it's actually a reasonable complaint. My girlfriend gets annoyed with it too. 

The parents are nice folk, I just dunno how they aren't telling the kid to be quiet. 

I don't want to be so confrontational as to go knock on the door, and feel like I'd be a pussy if I sent a message. I've no idea what the response would be. 

If it was adults making heaps of noise, that would be one thing, but because it's a kid I feel like I can't say. 

Anyone ever dealt with this type of shit?

• Dildo 2

Guest milne_afc

Sounds like this could escalate.

I used to know a couple who had an autistic child, not one of the clever ones, he was a gigantic eating machine. Anyway, he had the mental development of a large dog. He had the run of the house 24/7 and kept his own hours, stomping around the house and breaking into the fridge every time he felt the need to graze. His parents were a pair of feckless, workshy, benefit scroungers. They and the people around them carry that burden, much more could have been done to control the young lad and make sure he was ready when the school transport arrived and build some routine into his life.

^^^
text that to your neighbours. It’s a true story.

17 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Live in a block of flats. Quite a few young families about. Downstairs neighbours have two kids, the older one, who must be around 6/7 is constantly making noise. Feels like every time I'm chilling in my living room it's thump, thump, thump to the point where it's shaking the shelves. 

It's like the kid is doing laps up and down their fucking flat. The Dad is an acquaintance of mine in any case, but I'm not sure how to approach it.

Kids are kids, and you expect some amount of noise, but this crazy. I can't tell though, if it's me being a highly strung weirdo or if it's actually a reasonable complaint. My girlfriend gets annoyed with it too. 

The parents are nice folk, I just dunno how they aren't telling the kid to be quiet. 

I don't want to be so confrontational as to go knock on the door, and feel like I'd be a pussy if I sent a message. I've no idea what the response would be. 

If it was adults making heaps of noise, that would be one thing, but because it's a kid I feel like I can't say. 

Amazed there’s not been a dildo on the Dad’s bonnet / shag the Mum yet.

Seriously though you maybe could at least mention it in a nice way and they’ll might keep an eye to make sure doesn’t happen all the time. If they don’t know they can’t fix it.

27 minutes ago, CCB III said:

They're your downstairs neighbours? That's some racket he must be making if your shelves are shaking.

Anyway, just act like an adult Consi min. You come across as an articulate and decent lad. Just give him a call and explain the situation.  He's probably oblivious to the fact they're disturbing you so much, especially as they're downstairs.

Sounds like the flat's soundproofing is shite so for all you know when you're walking about your flat it could sound like an elephant stomping around for the family below you.

Even approach it by explaining your situation and also asking if noise from you disturbs him, and if there is anything you can do better to limit the noise they hear.

24 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Sounds like this could escalate.

I used to know a couple who had an autistic child, not one of the clever ones, he was a gigantic eating machine. Anyway, he had the mental development of a large dog. He had the run of the house 24/7 and kept his own hours, stomping around the house and breaking into the fridge every time he felt the need to graze. His parents were a pair of feckless, workshy, benefit scroungers. They and the people around them carry that burden, much more could have been done to control the young lad and make sure he was ready when the school transport arrived and build some routine into his life.

^^^
text that to your neighbours. It’s a true story.

The kid isn't badly behaved. 

Just makes a shit load of noise. 

Just now, Don Fonte said:

They're your downstairs neighbours? That's some racket he must be making if your shelves are shaking.

Anyway, just act like an adult Consi min. You come across as an articulate and decent lad. Just give him a call and explain the situation.  He's probably oblivious to the fact they're disturbing you so much, especially as they're downstairs.

Sounds like the flat's soundproofing is shite so for all you know when you're walking about your flat it could sound like an elephant stomping around for the family below you.

Even approach it by explaining your situation and also asking if noise from you disturbs him, and if there is anything you can do better to limit the noise they hear.

Yeah, that's probs the thing to do. 

Fuck knows how to word it, though. 

I'll come up with something. 

22 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

In all seriousness you should move house, Consi. You could have a word ( it could cause you grief with the parents) but there’s no way a kid is not going to run about the house no matter how many times you tell them. 
 Besides they should be running about. Better than sitting on their arseholes all day playing gaming machines.

Aye, kids will run about, but it shouldn't be shaking my living room shelves, surely? They are mounted to the fkin wall 😂

I grew up in houses and my Mum and dad Would forever be going mental about the racket me, my brother and sister would make. 

I get that kids will be kids but surely there's a limit to that!

6 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Who the fuck has hacked Don's account? 

43 minutes ago, CCB III said:

What a fucking bent shot.

• Upvote 1

Next time you see the dad, make a jokey comment along the lines of "fucking hell, you putting up a ton of shelves in your house just now, we've heard some amount of noise from your flat lately".

See what he says thereafter.

Surely to fuck he will take the hint but if not, yeah dildo on the bonnet, shag his misses and then repeatedly slap one hand onto the back of the other hand while mouthing "spazzy mojo, joey deacon" to the kid when his parents aren't looking.