Summer 2023 Transfer Window - the next overhaul

28 minutes ago, slippers said:

You think he starts in our current midfield? I’m not sure he does and their lies the issue. From squad point of view it’s not a bad move but I wanted us to sign a definite starter and push 1 of our current starters onto the bench. I’m not 100% sure he does that. 

I think he could “push” Polvara out allowing shinnie and clarkson to be the deep sitting players.

2 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I think he could “push” Polvara out allowing shinnie and clarkson to be the deep sitting players.

That stifles Clarkson though, he isn't a defensive midfielder and the point of him playing the 6 with Ramadani and Shinnie was that they'd do all the dirty work allowing him to get on the ball and create something.  Making him sit in 2 with Shinnie would take the creative side out of his game imo.

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

That too but thankfully the club have decided to move on from Scales, although I'm sure if he comes available before the window SLAMS SHUT we'll try get him.

I never read anyone saying we couldn't do better. I read folk say he was pish and others say he was decent, he played better under Robson and he's less of a risk cause we know how he fits in. All valid points, but certainly can't recall anyone saying we couldn't do better?

Just now, Daisy1903 said:

I never read anyone saying we couldn't do better. I read folk say he was pish and others say he was decent, he played better under Robson and he's less of a risk cause we know how he fits in. All valid points, but certainly can't recall anyone saying we couldn't do better?

You must miss a lot of posts, quite a lot of folk said we couldn't do better than Scales.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

That stifles Clarkson though, he isn't a defensive midfielder and the point of him playing the 6 with Ramadani and Shinnie was that they'd do all the dirty work allowing him to get on the ball and create something.  Making him sit in 2 with Shinnie would take the creative side out of his game imo.

Agreed

We are a better team with Clarkson further forward

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Its hard to keep up today.

So McGrath has signed.

Finish defender agreed and awaiting visa to travel

Unnamed striker also awaiting visa apparently

To fit those 3 on our Euro List A I'm guessing we'll be dumping Stewart as we already had 19 of 21 slots filled. To then get Davie's possible 4th player in we'd have to dump another of original 19 or pick up an association qualifier or an ex Don to use 1 of 4 unused Sfa slots

Just now, RDS said:

To fit those 3 on our Euro List A I'm guessing we'll be dumping Stewart as we already had 19 of 21 slots filled. To then get Davie's possible 4th player in we'd have to dump another of original 19 or pick up an association qualifier or an ex Don to use 4 unused Sfa slots

Stewart and Besuijen the obvious ones to take off the list 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Daisy1903 said:

Must've done. Who said it? Take it this guy we're rumoured to be signing will sign and will be better than Scales then?

Take your pick, I argue with that many folk on here it was a few of them when they were saying we should just sign him.

On paper he looks like a very good signing, of course he could be a disaster but he's experienced, 9 caps for Finland and playing at a decent level.

1 hour ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I thought we might have tried for Campbell at Luton. Similar to Ramadani. Can't see him getting a lot of game time in the Premiership.

If there was the slightest possibility we could get campbell it would be a miracle. 

He would be a massive upgrade on ramadani. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, minijc said:

Take your pick, I argue with that many folk on here it was a few of them when they were saying we should just sign him.

On paper he looks like a very good signing, of course he could be a disaster but he's experienced, 9 caps for Finland and playing at a decent level.

So no one said it and your gloating is premature. Thanks