Summer 2023 Transfer Window - the next overhaul

1 hour ago, EA1903 said:

Not sure we can speculate about summer yet.  The club clearly in a survival stage that could go either way.  Yesterdays avtivity is a damning indictment of the mess we have been left in by Cormack's naivety and Goodwin's ego.

Simmer down, we won't even be remotely close to relegation, as rank as we have been. As little as one win from the remaining games might be enough to stay up, win seven points would make it nigh on impossible to go down. 

Simmer down, we won't even be remotely close to relegation, as rank as we have been. As little as one win from the remaining games might be enough to stay up, win seven points would make it nigh on impossible to go down. 

I agree, but it was only headed for further disaster if changes didn't take place.  The club have rightly identified glaring issues.

11 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Simmer down, we won't even be remotely close to relegation, as rank as we have been. As little as one win from the remaining games might be enough to stay up, win seven points would make it nigh on impossible to go down. 

It’s more that 11th place play off spot that I’m keeping an eye on. We should have enough under competent coaching to be away from it. But if we are anywhere near it I’m not sure this squad have the guts for battle. Fingers  crossed it’s a ride to top 6. It’s weird it could literally go either way so easily 

5 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

It’s more that 11th place play off spot that I’m keeping an eye on. We should have enough under competent coaching to be away from it. But if we are anywhere near it I’m not sure this squad have the guts for battle. Fingers  crossed it’s a ride to top 6. It’s weird it could literally go either way so easily 

We will win tonight, I've no doubt about that. We won't be involved. 

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Tonights game could genuinely set us apart from that lot. Beyond that, we play all 5 of the teams currently below us in the following 8 games.

Mental scenes really

Good shout starting this thread.

So 15 first teamers out of contract.

Vinnie's club holding a buy clause option on him.

Lewis considering retirement

Barron refusing to sign a new deal

Stewart unlikely to return

Polvara and Morris needing to move for guaranteed game time.

Anticipated interest in Miovski and Duk.

Ok. Wow. So it's safe to say we'll be topping the 11 signings record we set this summer. 

15 new players required.

If we need 15 players can we attempt to sign a few interesting players on Bosmans.

It seems like we've not been active in this market for a long time.

Two bosmans this year were Stewart and Roos who were both signed after pre-season had started and probably after we and they had looked at loadsa options.

We need every bloody position so lets get a couple nailed down in the next 2 months

35 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'll circle back in 4 or 5 months with more exclusives. 

You do that.

But in the interim, as the ITK dude, please reinforce to your contact(s), whoever they be, us supporters good will is wearing thin so we really require a) a manager we can easily get behind from day one and b) a balanced team built on sound defensive foundations. 

If we fail to address both by the summer window months crowds will dwindle and there will be a significant chance of relegation in the season (s) to come.

Your contact(s) will no doubt claim that they understand the issues. Talk is cheap. We need the powers at be to "walk the talk" this time around and start putting our team on a path to recovery. 

11 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

You do that.

But in the interim, as the ITK dude, please reinforce to your contact(s), whoever they be, us supporters good will is wearing thin so we really require a) a manager we can easily get behind from day one and b) a balanced team built on sound defensive foundations. 

If we fail to address both by the summer window months crowds will dwindle and there will be a significant chance of relegation in the season (s) to come.

Your contact(s) will no doubt claim that they understand the issues. Talk is cheap. We need the powers at be to "walk the talk" this time around and start putting our team on a path to recovery. 

Unless Mini's informant is fucking dave cormack I doubt they are going to have this much influence on the above.

53 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If we need 15 players can we attempt to sign a few interesting players on Bosmans.

It seems like we've not been active in this market for a long time.

Two bosmans this year were Stewart and Roos who were both signed after pre-season had started and probably after we and they had looked at loadsa options.

We need every bloody position so lets get a couple nailed down in the next 2 months

Need a new DoF, head of recruitment and manager first before even looking at players

15 players coming to the end of loans or out of contract.  
2 contracted players, Stewart & Besuijen probably away for good.

17 players potentially leaving, as I’m not sure any of the out of contract players will be offered a new contract.

Even if 2 or 3 youngsters are promoted, we’re maybe looking at 14 in?

Probably worse than last summer 

Poorly ran off the pitch. 

Cormack, Mowbray & Gunn are a bigger issue than manager 

• Upvote 1

What we need...

A Euromillions lotto winner to buy out Cormack and his American mates

Dump the DoF

New Head of Recruitment

New scouts

Experienced football men (younger versions of Craig Brown) for the board instead of clueless cunts like Gunn

The fitba mismanagement board - GTF

A manager that can change tactics when needed 

Coaches that can coach players to become better

Then we need a spine for the team again.

3 defenders

2 full backs / wing backs

2 creative midfielders

What we'll get

None of the above bar a couple of defenders and a midfielder.

Unfortunately I suspect next season's squad under whoever gets the manager's job will be somewhat similar, ie a squad filled out with close to, or maybe even at, the maximum number of loans allowed. Ideally this wouldn't be the case but in order to spread the ones we do sign permanent over between 2-4 year contracts so that we don't have everyone going out of contract at the same time, I think we need to make about 7 or 8 permanent this summer and the same next summer....by which time we'll have enough on our books that we can drop down to maybe 2 or 3 high quality loans max that will enhance the squad rather than just be "fillers"

It also has the added bonus that if the new manager bombs as badly as the last two have, that we aren't stuck with a shitload of his signings for years on end.

1 hour ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Roos to stay. I think we will move on about 20 players in the summer given the amount of loan players and expiring contracts. The new manager will be exceptionally busy when he eventually is secured. Anyone wetting the bed yet?

The applicants for the job?

• Haha 1