Alan Burrows

Just now, Helmet said:

It’s remarkable that when things get shit enough people just want absolutely every cunt sacked, immediately.

Burrows is finding his feet and has come into a club that’s an absolute shambles at the top.

Cormack is the big issue that needs sorted - by the man himself unfortunately.

Gunn seems the obvious other major problem, nothing personal but he has the most important role at the whole club and doesn’t appear to be capable of doing it.

Then I guess I’d question what Garner and Milne are really adding to the FMB. Not much I expect.

All of that is far more concerning to me than Burrows. Just keep in mind who he has to work with and give the guy a break.

Nah. He's not up to it and he's not one of us. I say get rid. 

Maybe we should go down the Torquay United route. I'd certainly have a bit of that.

1 minute ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Maybe we should go down the Torquay United route. I'd certainly have a bit of that.

What, did they sack absolutely everybody employed by the club on a whim?

Im really starting to get the out of his depth vibes also. All good and well saying hes finding his feet but in this post you need to hit the ground running.  I really admire Cormack giving young and upcoming talent a shot but do it at your feeder club in sunday league. Aberdeen is not the place to learn on the job.

25 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

If he was to leave I imagine he'd end up at a bigger club than us, possibly even Hearts, he's well thought of in football, it's just angry folk on here who can't see that regardless of what he tries to do there's a maniac of a chairman insisting on doing things his own way.

• Upvote 3
  • Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Im really starting to get the out of his depth vibes also. All good and well saying hes finding his feet but in this post you need to hit the ground running.  I really admire Cormack giving young and upcoming talent a shot but do it at your feeder club in sunday league. Aberdeen is not the place to learn on the job.

Maybe if the other areas/senior employees were functioning this would be my thinking as well, but no CEO can perform when he’s surrounded by idiots and interfering egomaniacs.

We can’t empty absolutely everyone at once, need to focus on fixing the weakest links first imo.

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

If he was to leave I imagine he'd end up at a bigger club than us, possibly even Hearts, he's well thought of in football, it's just angry folk on here who can't see that regardless of what he tries to do there's a maniac of a chairman insisting on doing things his own way.

It’s the same mentality as when the team is performing badly, decent players start getting absolute pelters from fans and some people want every single player binned and replaced.

They’d be every bit as bad at running a club as Cormack.

We need to fix the bigger problems then we can see how others are performing in a functional environment.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Come on now, big clubs don't get relegated

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

To be fair, with the above comments in mind I'd say we have 4 big issues at our club at the moment and he'd sit 4th for me in terms of severity. Out his depth, probably, but there is something about him that I feel is salvageable.

I concur.

Similar to Gunn. 

Both would be decent to have at the club but not in their current roles. 

Why are people on here so desperate to hound out everyone associated with the club? When they have very little knowledge of what actually goes on.

We could be top of the League and there would be a thread on here wanting the cleaner at Cormack park to be sacked for some reason.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I'd say you're an utter balloon and I'd certainly be up for you fucking off to Torquay United permanently.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

He’s not one of us 😂

half our legends are Huns ffs

53 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Why are people on here so desperate to hound out everyone associated with the club? When they have very little knowledge of what actually goes on.

We could be top of the League and there would be a thread on here wanting the cleaner at Cormack park to be sacked for some reason.

Reckon we're at the point where this shit is coming home to roost. Potential managers have been turned off, and I can see anyone remotely talented in other areas thinking we're not worth the hassle.

7 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

He should be sacked. He is an amiable enough guy for a weegie but he is absolutely out of his depth.

Too much sentimentality is on display when it comes to Burrows. Yes he's had a bit of sadness in his personal life but haven't we all. You plough on and you don't keep people in post out of pity.

Root and branch changes are needed at our club and he's one that has to go. 

So what is it specifically that Burrows is either doing (or not doing) that falls below the standard reasonably expected of him ?