We are supposedly paying Jack MacKenzie £2100 a week. Not sure how true these websites are. But surely Barron on a new contract would have to command minimum the same. If he’s been offered £1900 not surprising he’s not singing. 

1 minute ago, Dons21 said:

We are supposedly paying Jack MacKenzie £2100 a week. Not sure how true these websites are. But surely Barron on a new contract would have to command minimum the same. If he’s been offered £1900 not surprising he’s not singing. 

Got a terrible voice anyway, squeaky as fuck

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Why wouldn't we?  Average first team player is roughly on that, difference with Morris is we paid a large fee (by our standards) for him, so it makes sense that he'd be earning that.

Well because he’s not very good for one thing. Paying a few hundred thousand for him can’t  mean he’s on that. 

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

Well because he’s not very good for one thing. Paying a few hundred thousand for him can’t  mean he’s on that. 

The club thought he was good though, the higher the fee, the higher the wage, in some cases a player will get get 10% of the fee paid as a signing on fee and then %1 of the fee will be their weekly wage.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, thurso said:

If we're prepared to pay a sizeable fee for someone we more than likely believe they're worth a decent wage as well. Some of it will maybe depend on what they were earning previously and what other offers they had. I can well believe Morris could be raking in £3k a week. 

I might be alone in this, but I think Barron is as vital to our team as the likes of Clarkson and Miovski are. If we want to go anywhere and achieve anything, this is the calibre of players we need and just because he's a home grown player we shouldn't think we can pay him peanuts. He's the kind of player who can run a game. Those types of midfielders are few and far between. Clarkson has shown this season that he isn't that type of player - put him further up the park and that's where the magic happens with him.

If only Barry had worked this out at the start of the season we might have made it through the groups in Europe and may have won the cup playing to our strengths.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, minijc said:

The club thought he was good though, the higher the fee, the higher the wage, in some cases a player will get get 10% of the fee paid as a signing on fee and then %1 of the fee will be their weekly wage.

The club also thought Liam scales wasn’t good enough to pay the transfer fee so we can see what their judgement is like. 
Just because a team has paid big fees for a player doesn’t mean they have payed that player big wages, look at the left back Celtic payed £3.5 million for he’s on £5000 a week. 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

If we're prepared to pay a sizeable fee for someone we more than likely believe they're worth a decent wage as well. Some of it will maybe depend on what they were earning previously and what other offers they had. I can well believe Morris could be raking in £3k a week. 

I might be alone in this, but I think Barron is as vital to our team as the likes of Clarkson and Miovski are. If we want to go anywhere and achieve anything, this is the calibre of players we need and just because he's a home grown player we shouldn't think we can pay him peanuts. He's the kind of player who can run a game. Those types of midfielders are few and far between. Clarkson has shown this season that he isn't that type of player - put him further up the park and that's where the magic happens with him.

If only Barry had worked this out at the start of the season we might have made it through the groups in Europe and may have won the cup playing to our strengths.

I agree if Morris is on what was said we should be offering Barron double that, no wonder he won’t sign. 

Just now, thurso said:

The club also thought Liam scales wasn’t good enough to pay the transfer fee so we can see what their judgement is like. 
Just because a team has paid big fees for a player doesn’t mean they have payed that player big wages, look at the left back Celtic payed £3.5 million for he’s on £5000 a week. 

I agree if Morris is on what was said we should be offering Barron double that, no wonder he won’t sign. 

🤣

Of course a player we pay a big fee for is on big wages. If you know your new boss is splashing the cash to get you in the door, you demand to get paid too.

Fuck me min.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, CCB III said:

Latest rumour I heard was that he was offered 1900, found out ShayMo was on 3300 and is using that as his sticking point. 

Fair enough if true. 

Let's hope the club and him come to an agreement. 

You can certainly see his point.

And I think he’s deffo worth more than £1900 About £3500 doesn’t seem unreasonable to me.

Problem is just because Morris is on £3300 (if he is) that doesn’t mean it’s right- overpaying two players instead of one wouldn’t be smart.

• Dildo 2
On 1/8/2024 at 12:58 PM, GeorgeStreetReds said:

If he's going to be a starting midfielder then £5k pw is fine, we are now making upwards of £16m every season so paying some £250k per week is well within our means.

We aren't going to get anywhere on the cheap.

We also can’t pay everyone top whack.

If the minimum for every starter in our squad was £5k then I imagine our wage budget might cripple the club pretty quickly.

13 minutes ago, thurso said:

Celtic wanted over £1.5m for Scales, a fee of that size, same with Teklic requires a huge sign on fee and a large wage.

Morris, or any player for that matter isn't going to move up here for a small wage, especially when a sizeable fee is being paid in the first place.

Barron has hardly kicked a ball this season which isnt entirely his fault, but I think his career will be similar to Nicky Low. Worth more than Morris who will be easily forgotten and compared to the band of worst signings. However, Barron hasn't done enough to be demanding a sizeable wage.

Be interesting to see how things go for Barron now that he has new agent. Hopefully things improve for him regardless of where he ends up (except Huns) but it’s certainly not a good advert for his previous agent. He’s clearly been a shocker for him

2 hours ago, minijc said:

Celtic wanted over £1.5m for Scales, a fee of that size, same with Teklic requires a huge sign on fee and a large wage.

Morris, or any player for that matter isn't going to move up here for a small wage, especially when a sizeable fee is being paid in the first place.

How big a wage would a player you buy for £1.5 million expect to be paid do you think 

29 minutes ago, minijc said:

It really depends but you're looking at around 10k a week at the very least

I think your probably a bit of there but if your not we need better negotiators with Celtic getting bernabei on about £5k a week when he cost over twice as much. 

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

I think your probably a bit of there but if your not we need better negotiators with Celtic getting bernabei on about £5k a week when he cost over twice as much. 

You just made up a wage for a Celtic player there, T? 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, thurso said:

There'll be several factors, I imagine Scales is on a decent wage at Celtic, if we did pay £1m for him you can't just give him 5k a week, there's no way he or any player would accept that. 

That lad Celtic signed wasn't at a massive club, that league isn't filled with money either so quite a lot of players will be on low wages unlike in the UK where the market is quite crazy, especially in England.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Helmet said:

You can certainly see his point.

And I think he’s deffo worth more than £1900 About £3500 doesn’t seem unreasonable to me.

Problem is just because Morris is on £3300 (if he is) that doesn’t mean it’s right- overpaying two players instead of one wouldn’t be smart.

Interesting dildo’s but not sure what they’re for in this case.

Are you lads keen on Morris? think he’s good value then?

• Dildo 1
10 hours ago, thurso said:

Tbh, you could also argue Bernabei needs a new agent if above is correct. 
The value  of a player is often based on value of the contract he is currently on.  Eg if Scales had a 4 year deal at Celtic and was on 7.5k pw then you could say Celtic value him at 1.5million.  Clubs will often renegotiate with players mid contract and offer them new terms in order to increase their value.   
You will also find that the £££ transfer fee you see on Sky, in the papers  is the absolute total paid to get that player to sign.  This will include agent fees, signing on fees etc.  The amount paid to the selling club is often significantly less than what the papers say.  This is part of the reason “undisclosed” is often used these days.  

13 hours ago, Parklife said:

You just made up a wage for a Celtic player there, T? 

No I didn’t his wage was in all the papers when he was done for drink driving.

12 hours ago, minijc said:

There'll be several factors, I imagine Scales is on a decent wage at Celtic, if we did pay £1m for him you can't just give him 5k a week, there's no way he or any player would accept that. 

That lad Celtic signed wasn't at a massive club, that league isn't filled with money either so quite a lot of players will be on low wages unlike in the UK where the market is quite crazy, especially in England.

i don’t know what either club generated but id guess there is more money in the Argentinean top league than England’s third especially when fleetwoods ground is tiny. I do t think Morris would have been on that big a wage before joining us. 

2 hours ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Tbh, you could also argue Bernabei needs a new agent if above is correct. 
The value  of a player is often based on value of the contract he is currently on.  Eg if Scales had a 4 year deal at Celtic and was on 7.5k pw then you could say Celtic value him at 1.5million.  Clubs will often renegotiate with players mid contract and offer them new terms in order to increase their value.   
You will also find that the £££ transfer fee you see on Sky, in the papers  is the absolute total paid to get that player to sign.  This will include agent fees, signing on fees etc.  The amount paid to the selling club is often significantly less than what the papers say.  This is part of the reason “undisclosed” is often used these days.  

That is the thing. No transfer should go through as undisclosed 

If it's £5k a week he wants, he's worth it, we'll end up spending more trying to replace him plus Shinnie is only going to get older, slower and shiter as the years go by where as Barron is still young.

Like folk have said, the fact he's got a new agent recently indicates he's already decided he's away.

10 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Can anyone remember a dons player who let their contract run down then resign with us?

When the jacks contract was running out did he not surprisingly resign when everyone thought he was gone and ended up with the captaincy as well 

3 hours ago, thurso said:

No I didn’t his wage was in all the papers when he was done for drink driving.

i don’t know what either club generated but id guess there is more money in the Argentinean top league than England’s third especially when fleetwoods ground is tiny. I do t think Morris would have been on that big a wage before joining us. 

That is the thing. No transfer should go through as undisclosed 

Ah, so that's why he was up before the beaks at Peterhead Sheriff Court nae lang back.