2 hours ago, shut up meg said:

Let's agree to disagree,  you think that you can spot things better than me, I think you are a gibbering chimp.

Na I think we will both agree you got it wrong here and I could be a chimp but your definitely a gimp 

3 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

I’d rather have a midfield four as nobody in the league should cause Aberdeen enough problems to have a back five

Think Barry should play a 4-3-3/4231 

Roos

Delvin     Pollock (if not Macdonald)  Rubezic     Jensen

New cdm/Polvara     Barron

Morris/Vini                   Clarkson                        Duk

Mivoski

Need  another centre back and ramadani type player signed and a winger or 2 possibly on loan

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, BIGDUNCIS said:

Roos

Mivoski

Need  another centre back and ramadani type player signed and a winger or 2 possibly on loan

You want to play three players out of position and play Morris?

4 hours ago, Dons79 said:

When he couldn’t be fucked trying after he found out celtics interest, then spent a year doing absolute fuck all for his team mates and club before the push for 3 rd place, then when his contract was almost done this season, he started to showcase his abilities to get himself a good deal when his current one ends?, that Barron?, wouldn’t give him a taz bar the google eyed prick, he can fuck off anytime he likes.another young don who couldn’t wait to fuck off as quick as he could giving nothing back to his hometown club. Bye.

I was making a light-hearted remark about Anthony Stewart.

8 hours ago, DelMonte said:

My best pal wouldn’t know my wage so I’d wager that this ex Caley player is talking total shite. 

I’m inclined to believe the word of someone who actually knows him over some random twitter page or website who doesn’t

2 hours ago, BIGDUNCIS said:

Roos

Mivoski

Morris/Vini - neither are good enough so no thanks.

Jensen at left back - no thanks, better with McKenzie.

4-2-3-1 a far better shape though although there’s a time and place for the 5-4-1 as well so would be good to keep that for certain occasions. 
Never 3 in midfield though, doesn’t work with this squad. The 5-3-2 has been in general horrendous this season. 

5 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Good no, no way he is worth 5K a week

We could get far better for that cash outlay 

Barron really is not that good, no physical presence in midfield to wee to make any difference 

Totally disagree. He’s definitely got a chance to blossom yet and could end up being a decent sellable asset in the future. 
Scotland U-21 captain and some posters on here think he’s not good enough for Aberdeen. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

Totally disagree. He’s definitely got a chance to blossom yet and could end up being a decent sellable asset in the future. 
Scotland U-21 captain and some posters on here think he’s not good enough for Aberdeen. 

Pretty sure Doig is the u21s captain. 

8 hours ago, Glass half full said:

Scotland under 21’s are fucking shite 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Glass half full said:

Morris/Vini - neither are good enough so no thanks.

Jensen at left back - no thanks, better with McKenzie.

4-2-3-1 a far better shape though although there’s a time and place for the 5-4-1 as well so would be good to keep that for certain occasions. 
Never 3 in midfield though, doesn’t work with this squad. The 5-3-2 has been in general horrendous this season. 

Jeeso

And you're glass half full as well

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Glass half full said:

Greg Taylor gets full caps and he is fucking shite, wouldn't look into the Scotland side of things to much.  A lot more to the game than running about looking 'BUSY'

Barron is decent and be happy to see him stay.

£5k a week maybe a bit much though? I suppose it all depends what others are earning.

This is the problem with pushing the boat out on wages for a couple of good players- before long the rest of the squad are looking for similar or close.

25 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Barron is decent and be happy to see him stay.

£5k a week maybe a bit much though? I suppose it all depends what others are earning.

This is the problem with pushing the boat out on wages for a couple of good players- before long the rest of the squad are looking for similar or close.

If he's going to be a starting midfielder then £5k pw is fine, we are now making upwards of £16m every season so paying some £250k per week is well within our means.

We aren't going to get anywhere on the cheap.

1 minute ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

If he's going to be a starting midfielder then £5k pw is fine, we are now making upwards of £16m every season so paying some £250k per week is well within our means.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm 😄

57 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

If the club are serious about Barron then absolutely give him that contract. Just don’t give him it then fuck about with him on the bench etc, get him playing.

100% the midfield needs to be built around Clarkson and Barron going forward and have players compliment them. A core/spine and build round them.

2 hours ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Be better trying to tempt Messi across the pond than throwing that sort of cash at droopy tbh

54 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

100% the midfield needs to be built around Clarkson and Barron going forward and have players compliment them. A core/spine and build round them.

Been saying that for a year now but was told clarckson and Barron can’t play in midfield together. But what do I know I can’t spot a good player 😂 

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

Been saying that for a year now but was told clarckson and Barron can’t play in midfield together. But what do I know I can’t spot a good player 😂 

You do know who the perfect partner would have been for a midfield 3 containing Clarkson and Barron don't you? 

• Haha 1

If and it's a big if, the sticking point regarding Barron signing a new contract is money, i'd hope the club offer him a new long term deal on £5k per week (assuming that's the magic number).

We could easily find ourselves offering that to a lesser talent for whom we have to pay a fee too. The lad has bags of talent. Let's hope we get to enjoy it for another couple of years before he moves on for big money.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, JamieMT said:

If and it's a big if, the sticking point regarding Barron signing a new contract is money, i'd hope the club offer him a new long term deal on £5k per week (assuming that's the magic number).

We could easily find ourselves offering that to a lesser talent for whom we have to pay a fee too. The lad has eye bags of talent. Let's hope we get to enjoy it for another couple of years before he moves on for big money.

• Haha 2
30 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Latest rumour I heard was that he was offered 1900, found out ShayMo was on 3300 and is using that as his sticking point. 

Fair enough if true. 

Let's hope the club and him come to an agreement. 

No way we’re paying Morris £3300 with that statement alone can tell your lying 😂

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, thurso said:

No way we’re paying Morris £3300 with that statement alone can tell your lying 😂

Why wouldn't we?  Average first team player is roughly on that, difference with Morris is we paid a large fee (by our standards) for him, so it makes sense that he'd be earning that.