Nicky Devlin

6 minutes ago, davierobb said:

You can script this can't you ? We have become Hearts of a few seasons back. New manager , underachieving squad , massive clear out , massive number of new players come in . Results don't match expectations . Board ask for patience. Results don't improve . Board sack manger, new manger comes in and says squad is totally imbalanced.

An averagely competent manger would have that squad comfortably top six. We are 24 points behind a competent Hearts team. If we have a massive clear out and massive influx we will be in the same place this time next year. The Board need to provide an update on new managers search before the cup game . There are a lot of people at AFC letting the supporters down very badly.

That won’t happen, the board will hide behind this review or whatever it’s being called. There is be silence until it’s season ticket renewal and then they will leak rumours on who the next manager will be in the hope folk will renew. 

Ok I no doubt going to get slaughtered here but... is it just me or has Devlin looked off form since Warnock came in? 

He was one of the rare positives in the season for me until then. I expected nothing from him when he came in (knew next to nothing about him but where he was from) but he looked solid defensively and a good attacking threat down the wing.

Since Warnock has come in it just feels like he's been wobbly defensively and not as potent attacking (yes he scored today but did he actually create much otherwise attacking?)

Dunno. I'm just wondering if the Warnock mind games have backfired on Devlin. If so we can't afford to wait for him to get his head together and Milne - another surprise for me - should be played there imo.

• Dildo 1
4 hours ago, a don in oz said:

Ok I no doubt going to get slaughtered here but... is it just me or has Devlin looked off form since Warnock came in? 

He was one of the rare positives in the season for me until then. I expected nothing from him when he came in (knew next to nothing about him but where he was from) but he looked solid defensively and a good attacking threat down the wing.

Since Warnock has come in it just feels like he's been wobbly defensively and not as potent attacking (yes he scored today but did he actually create much otherwise attacking?)

Dunno. I'm just wondering if the Warnock mind games have backfired on Devlin. If so we can't afford to wait for him to get his head together and Milne - another surprise for me - should be played there imo.

You're coming onto my radar a lot more now

Havering some amount of keech, you really are

• Haha 2

His fuck up for Hibs' second goal was embarrassing. But he's been consistently decent all season, if we had a back up maybe he could do with being rested for a game or two........but we don't.

As others have said, he's pretty much the least of our worries.

3 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Yes, he's had a few clangers. But his commitment and effort this season in a clusterfuck of a defence has been excellent. 

He also adds goals and assists, as pointed out. 

We have a million problems defensively, but Devlin is pretty much the least of them. 

Devlin would be 2nd behind Miovski in my vote for AFC player of the season.

It's more concerning that a free transfer signing from Livingston has done a lot better than the players we forked out money for.

Our recruitment has been woeful. Devlin is one of the few who gets passmarks for this season. Yes it was a poor error yesterday but we have much bigger problems than Devlin.

4 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

The fuck was he doing for Hibs second yesterday. Fucking hell, it looked bad in person, but even worse on TV.

He also got away with conceding a penalty as well.

That aside he's been a very solid signing and is generally reliable. I'm sure he knows he's fucked up and will look to redeem himself. 

I think he doesn’t trust the keeper so hoped it would go out instead of having to defend a corner.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Millertime said:

Away you go

He's just a very poor footballer

Remember people were saying he was an upgrade on mccrorie?

Lol

I agree he’s vastly inferior to McRorie, I just feel he’s not as energetic as he was in the early part of the season. He’s maybe one of the players who’s taking injections to get through matches just now 

Just now, starryfish said:

I agree he’s vastly inferior to McRorie, I just feel he’s not as energetic as he was in the early part of the season. He’s maybe one of the players who’s taking injections to get through matches just now 

I could do with a few injections to get through our games.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, starryfish said:

You could well be onto something there, a few boys are goosed I've heard.