Ester Sokler

1 minute ago, JakieBastard said:

Aye there is enough of a player there for us to stick with. Provided Miovski is off this summer, I'd be happy to go into next season with Sokler, Bavidge and a Miovski replacement as our options up front

Gueye 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

An unfortunate miss but I feel more game time and he'd have put that away.

I think he will do okay for us.

Watching it back he might have been offside if it's the one I'm thinking of. Strikers miss chances, Miovski could've done better with one today and the other that sticks out for me is the one when he went clean through against Hacken.

Sokler has had minimal game time and still produced bits of energy and ruthlessness. I'd be disappointed to see him leave without a proper chance. Pundits love to ask where would Aberdeen be without Miovski as if there's some vacuum of attacking talent. I think there's plenty there with Sokler, Duk and McGrath.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Sheeptastic said:

Watching it back he might have been offside if it's the one I'm thinking of. Strikers miss chances, Miovski could've done better with one today and the other that sticks out for me is the one when he went clean through against Hacken.

Sokler has had minimal game time and still produced bits of energy and ruthlessness. I'd be disappointed to see him leave without a proper chance. Pundits love to ask where would Aberdeen be without Miovski as if there's some vacuum of attacking talent. I think there's plenty there with Sokler, Duk and McGrath.

One in extra time.

3 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Think it was at 2-2 when he went clean through? Should've scored but watching back he looked off. 

That was offside you're correct.

I'm talking about the one in extra time other end. Should have buried it... but I just feel its lack of game time.

Having read alot about thelin I do wonder if sokler might suit his system well. 

He is mobile and also reasonably physical which I belive Jimmy likes. You can imagine him working well with a couple of pacy wingers. Only issue is he strays offside quite alot but I'm sure that could be worked on.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Great potential great attitude, love to see him get longer on the pitch

The few goals he has scored he has taken them with precision power and confidence

I really rate the lad it would be in are interest to keep him and play him more often

This lad is going to do fine next season.

Scoring at Hampden and converting his penalty in shootout will do his confidence no harm too.

7 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

This lad is going to do fine next season.

Scoring at Hampden and converting his penalty in shootout will do his confidence no harm too.

Yes. And did you see him with the fans?  He will come good ..maybe not as much as Miovski, but close.

13 hours ago, Turra red said:

Having read alot about thelin I do wonder if sokler might suit his system well. 

He is mobile and also reasonably physical which I belive Jimmy likes. You can imagine him working well with a couple of pacy wingers. Only issue is he strays offside quite alot but I'm sure that could be worked on.

So did stavrum , yet he scored his fair share.

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'll be pleased to see Sokler get more of a chance but we'll still need to attempt to sign a replacement for Miovski if he goes

Miovski to move down south for big money and us offering the Huns 250k for Dessers as a back up striker would both be pure impudence and fuckin ace at the same time.

24 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'll be pleased to see Sokler get more of a chance but we'll still need to attempt to sign a replacement for Miovski if he goes

I understand your point but surely sokler is the miovski replacement?

They are pretty similar so I always thought he was here to get settled then when bojan leaves he is ready to go.

I'd be intrigued to know if we have any more balkans players lined up as its been mentioned a few times that Ruby, Ester and Bojan are really close which must make it easier for them to settle.

1 minute ago, Turra red said:

I understand your point but surely sokler is the miovski replacement?

They are pretty similar so I always thought he was here to get settled then when bojan leaves he is ready to go.

I'd be intrigued to know if we have any more balkans players lined up as its been mentioned a few times that Ruby, Ester and Bojan are really close which must make it easier for them to settle.

Next seasons changing room will consist of Balkans, scandinavians and a sprinkling of Aberdeen, Inverurie and Alford loons.

The perfect mix of ingredients to do the league and cup double

Very strange one is Sokler scored a barrow load in Pre season, then hardly seen until his first start in November when he scored a great goal, he has pace is great in the air and works his socks off. Yet has hardly had a sniff in a season where we have been shite

14 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Very strange one is Sokler scored a barrow load in Pre season, then hardly seen until his first start in November when he scored a great goal, he has pace is great in the air and works his socks off. Yet has hardly had a sniff in a season where we have been shite

He's been unfortunate in that our best player by a country mile is the guy he's competing with.  Miovski has also been injury free. 

If he'd played in any other position then he would have had more opportunities to stake a claim for a regular start. 

10 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

I really don't know if sockler is worth keeping tbh as a first choice striker.

A strange take on things. 

The boy has a great attitude and looks quite strong and good in the air. A stick-on to replace Bojan next season. 

And if you are going to give him a hard time, at least spell his name correctly. 

• Upvote 1