Slobodan Rubežić

He'll probably get red carded at some stage but I think folk are being a little harsh.

He's been booked 7 times in 20 appearances for us this season but 5 of those yellows came in his first 6 games. 

He's only been booked once in his last 6 league games and hasn't been booked in any of our 4 conference games so I think he's learning on the job pretty quickly. 

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He'll probably get red carded at some stage but I think folk are being a little harsh.

He's been booked 7 times in 20 appearances for us this season but 5 of those yellows came in his first 6 games. 

He's only been booked once in his last 6 league games and hasn't been booked in any of our 4 conference games so I think he's learning on the job pretty quickly. 

Yes , but he’s now committed the cardinal sin of putting in a strong challenge against one of the arse cheeks, and seen by them as having got away with it.   He did something roughly similar on Bruce Anderson in the first league game of the season at Livi.  And again despite VAR having the chance to review it , the challenge wasn’t deemed to be a straight red. But there was no great outcry about that incident .    
His card is well and truly marked now though.
Can’t help recalling the incident in the League Cup Final about 5 years ago when GMS was absolutely wiped out by a Tim ,  Boyata , I think ….and the mere possibility of it being anything other than an unfortunate accident and just part of the game , both players being fully committed etc. was hardly mentioned.  As clear a foul, penalty and a straight red as you’re likely to see.  

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, redone said:

Yes , but he’s now committed the cardinal sin of putting in a strong challenge against one of the arse cheeks, and seen by them as having got away with it.   He did something roughly similar on Bruce Anderson in the first league game of the season at Livi.  And again despite VAR having the chance to review it , the challenge wasn’t deemed to be a straight red. But there was no great outcry about that incident .    
His card is well and truly marked now though.
Can’t help recalling the incident in the League Cup Final about 5 years ago when GMS was absolutely wiped out by a Tim ,  Boyata , I think ….and the mere possibility of it being anything other than an unfortunate accident and just part of the game , both players being fully committed etc. was hardly mentioned.  As clear a foul, penalty and a straight red as you’re likely to see.  

Aye but if he ends up getting treated unfairly by domestic referees that's more on them than him. 

1 booking in 6 European games and 1 booking in his last 6 league games suggests he's generally going in the right direction. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but if he ends up getting treated unfairly by domestic referees that's more on them than him. 

1 booking in 6 European games and 1 booking in his last 6 league games suggests he's generally going in the right direction. 

Aye, I’m not arguing with that.  But the domestic refs will undoubtedly be aware of the growing background noise about him. And whether consciously or not their decisions will be influenced by that noise.

47 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He was booked against PAOK at home when he gave the pen away 

Only remember as I had him to get a card at 3/1 😂

11 minutes ago, redone said:

Aye, I’m not arguing with that.  But the domestic refs will undoubtedly be aware of the growing background noise about him. And whether consciously or not their decisions will be influenced by that noise.

Aye, same happened with Stockley after some dentistry work on Tierney and also Besuijen and Duk re diving, hardly get a free kick for a Duk foul now. 

2 minutes ago, ClayholeRed said:

Playing on Viaplay 1 right now. Two crunching challenges resulting in fouls in first 10 minutes. Can't see him getting through game without a card. Hopefully experience of games like this improves him as does have potential.    

Apparently that's him just getting booked now... For his third foul. Commentator suggesting it was a mistake by the UEFA monitor earlier. He could easily get sent off here.

11 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Serbia are winning so they're top and Hungary currently 2nd. Think they need Serbia to lose to have a chance.

This is why taking Nations League seriously is important, so that you can get into playoffs.

The next Nations League will be MEGA intense, as they count towards getting into the World Cup qualifying playoffs for teams who finish in second place. The other day, I said, "Scotland should park the bus in Nations League next September-March and try to get 8, 9, 10 points and go into our WCQ group assured of a place in the playoffs if we finish second, but I say go for broke anyway and try to top the group and avoid that as those playoffs will be the sieges of sieges in the long and bloody annals of World Cup qualifiers. As my proctologist says, always avoid a bloody anal, guys.

Someone will shit the bed (Italy)...

18 minutes ago, konkas08 said:

aww that’s shite, still time though 🤞

Bulgaria are shite these days. I think it's due to the political/social insanity there. They used be a damn good footballing nation (1962-1971 under Asparuhov, 1990s under Stoichkov) but they have declined when other nations have improved.

Nations League A and B and September 2025 - March 2026 World Cup qualifiers will be intense, fascinating, I reckon. It will not be the "obvious" 16 teams going to King George's colonies, that's for sure. Legendary bed-shitting will ensue!