Slobodan Rubežić

Got to assume Rubezic hands out serious life threats to Robson daily as he’s started every game since joining which is crazy given that we have MacDonald on the bench and Rhys Williams doing god knows what.

I do like him, a style of player we have been missing for years but he’s cost us far too much with these lapses in concentration which overwrite what was previously a fairly decent performance.

Angus needs to start ahead of him on Wednesday.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Agree, they get off with it. Jensen has been shite this season and his pal cost us last weekend. How the 3 of them play every week when we have MacDonald on the bench is bizarre. That’ll change on Wednesday I’m fairly sure. 

Fingers crossed.  

Gartenmann is a good defender on his day, but he is prone to the odd lapse in concentration every few games. Probably why he's here on loan and not holding down a starting spot at whatever club it is we got him from.

Ruby's a liability pretty much every week. Can't remember Jensen doing anything as individually catastrophic as the other two, he just seems to be more of a steady eddy who's unfortunately just not good enough overall for us.

How MacDonald has been stuck on the bench all season while we've been hemorrhaging goals is beyond me.

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Rubezic has had more individual errors leading to goals than Stewart did.

Folk put him on a pedestal because he cemented Kyogo & took two Hibs players out with a diving header tackle.

The bottom line is, he’s not very good & a weekly liability. 

This is my view too. 
Worse than diamond, ifil and Mair. On a par with Stewart who was equally unable to pass a ball but who could win headers. 

Shouldn’t be disregarded that Gartenmann has also cost us numerous goals this season eg sevco with the shirt pull and st Mirren with his error to let Watkins score. 

Add in the oft seen McKenzie howler and it’s a wonder we have won at all this season. 

We have just been shite defensively as a whole.

Just as well we have been playing this reliable 5 at the back formation or else we’d really be in trouble!

It's easy to forget that Ruby is only 23, and that his career curve over the last 4 months has went through the roof. 

He played for a nothing club with zero fans in Serbia, then moved abroad and went straight into a team that were 3rd in the Scottish league with all the scrutiny and pressure that comes with that....on top of that he's been thrown into games against top European sides (where he's perfomed very well), and has become a full internationalist. 

That's some career progression in the blink of an eye. 

Almost no central defenders are consistent at 23.....most develop into top players in their late 20's or early 30's. 

Ruby had a nightmare yesterday and he's obviously made some high profile errors. But I think we can all agree that he's shown plenty of potential and could well grow into a real asset for us in the next few seasons. 

It would be terrible if he became the target for the boo boys. He most certainly doesn't deserve that. 

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

What did he say? 

Paraphrasing, but… 

He makes big mistakes every game. 
He’s very rash.  
He’s played most minutes of any outfield player which is incredible. 
It’s not the first time he’s cost Aberdeen goals.

The only person that can’t see it is the arse that picks him. Every week. 

The suspension on Wednesday has maybe come at a good time. 

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Paraphrasing, but… 

He’s very rash.  

He also said - I'm building my team around him. Or something similar 

18 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Paraphrasing, but… 

He’s very rash.  

Difficult to argue with any of that. There is a player in there, but never in the centre of a back 3. 
Having said that, no idea what he’s doing at the 2nd goal yesterday. 
time for an extended run for McDonald.