Slobodan Rubežić

12 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

How many games are we talking about him being back for? If (big if I know) we are safe from the playoff spot is it even worth rushing him back?

The defence was fairly shite while he was playing too so his return isn't all of a sudden going to shore us up at the back

Last 3 games of the season will be massive. A cup final and a play off against Dundee United 

• Haha 1

Have maintained most of the season that Ruby is a project player who could make us a bit of a profit (albeit not a massive one) once he irons out his rashness. 

Didn't actually realise how much better he is than Jensen and Gartenmann until we had to rely on them in his absence. Won't shirk a challenge or an aerial duel. Same can't be said for the other two.

• Upvote 1
On 2/19/2024 at 7:02 PM, RabidGiraffe said:

In the Scottish game, no central defender worth his salt should finish his career with all his teeth.  He should have broken his nose at least once and have a head with visible scars, all acquired from putting his coupon in where it hurts.  Bonus points for any broken limbs, preferably their opponents.  I don't see Gartenmann or Jensen as that type of defender.  They're just too soft for our game.

Alex Mcleish , his coupon looked like that by the time he was 17. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The MacDonald and Rubicev pairing is so obvious it's beyond belief it wasn't tried earlier in the season. 

I know MacDonald was injured early on but there were months he was just sitting on the bench unused. 

if it means Jensen and Gartenmann aren’t playing, then I’m sold!

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

Have maintained most of the season that Ruby is a project player who could make us a bit of a profit (albeit not a massive one) once he irons out his rashness. 

Didn't actually realise how much better he is than Jensen and Gartenmann until we had to rely on them in his absence. Won't shirk a challenge or an aerial duel. Same can't be said for the other two.

I think if you played Ruby beside a good talker and organiser he would improve no end. I agree with you, there are qualities in there that need polishing and coaching. 

I was quite excited about the prospect of Jason Kerr teaming up with Ruby when he was linked in the January transfer window. A good solid SPL level defender with experience and a good organiser. He reads the game well too. 

6 hours ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Thought he was doing a lot better just before his injury happened. His weaknesses can be coached away and his strengths would help our defence right now. 

So long as they don't try to coach the mighty fury out of him.

He'll always be a red cad waiting to happen, don't take that combative instinct away from the guy. Thats what makes him an asset.

Zero fear, and a willingness to murder.

A desire to murder, even.

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I think if you played Ruby beside a good talker and organiser he would improve no end. I agree with you, there are qualities in there that need polishing and coaching

I was quite excited about the prospect of Jason Kerr teaming up with Ruby when he was linked in the January transfer window. A good solid SPL level defender with experience and a good organiser. He reads the game well too. 

Times like these I miss RUSSELL ❤️

many defenders made to look good or better alongside him. 

26 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

So long as they don't try to coach the mighty fury out of him.

He'll always be a red cad waiting to happen, don't take that combative instinct away from the guy. Thats what makes him an asset.

Zero fear, and a willingness to murder.

A desire to murder, even.

Channeled and disciplined fury for most games then he is let off the leash when the flute playing wife beaters are in town. 
Definitely raw but is great in the air and tackling. He was doing better on the ball before his ligament damage. Dives into tackles a bit too much but if he can time it against good fast players we have a potential Bobby Bisconti tackler on our hands. 

19 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Has anyone seen any update on when Rubezic is due back?

Is he back in full training yet?

Leven in his press conference last week (12th March) said he was hoping to have him back in 4-5 weeks, I'll assume he'll be back for the last few games

38 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Leven in his press conference last week (12th March) said he was hoping to have him back in 4-5 weeks, I'll assume he'll be back for the last few games

Just seen him at the gym, no leg brace or anything and seems to be pretty mobile 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...