Slobodan Rubežić

24 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Difficult to argue with any of that. There is a player in there, but never in the centre of a back 3. 
Having said that, no idea what he’s doing at the 2nd goal yesterday. 
time for an extended run for McDonald.

Apparently he’s NOT suspended for Wednesday. 
Thinking about it, we’re not like England, where the suspension kicks in with the next immediate match after the threshold is breached. 

For some reason, we wait until the game that is 14 days after.  
So Livi after the Cup Final.

Which probably means the clown will still pick him on Wednesday. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Thinking about it, we’re not like England, where the suspension kicks in with the next immediate match after the threshold is breached. 

Hopefully not, but I agree with you, that he will likely start!

probably scared that Ruby will boot fuck out of him if he gets dropped…win/win for me 😂

This is in the P and J….too close to Boyle!!? He ran past Boyle and under the fucking ball…..he was nowhere near boyle..you wonder what McDonald must be thinking ie I must be fucking murder if I can’t get a game in a team that loses goals for fun..

Robson said: “We all make mistakes, players make mistakes.

“For the first goal we lost the goalie miss-hit it and Ruby got too close to Martin Boyle when he should have deepened a wee bit.

“And he ends up getting caught and Boyle gets through with a big lump up the pitch.

“You can see he (Rubezic) has made a couple of mistakes but you have to support him and back him. ”

20 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I like Rubezic and think he's ace but hopefully he's dropped for a game or two to give him a break. 

He was really good at home V the Huns and should never have been played wide V Hjk

Long live Ruby

He’s just very ‘raw’, Tord! Definitely a player in there. Would benefit from someone with real experience that can coach him through the game. Playing him at the centre of a 3 isn’t fair on him! That’s not his fault he’s asked to do that though! 

4 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

He’s just very ‘raw’, Tord! Definitely a player in there. Would benefit from someone with real experience that can coach him through the game. Playing him at the centre of a 3 isn’t fair on him! That’s not his fault he’s asked to do that though! 

Appears to me that there are more making excuses/allowances for Rubi’s form because of the Robson effect than there are for Duk 🤣 

I get that Rubi ‘might’ be better in a back 2 than a 3 but until we see some actual consistent ‘proof’ of this I don’t see how this claim can be proven 🤷

Until then. He’s a centre half & needs to be doing better than he is at basics & especially a CH’s ‘bread & butter’ of tackling & clearing his lines 🤷

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Appears to me that there are more making excuses/allowances for Rubi’s form because of the Robson effect than there are for Duk 🤣 

I get that Rubi ‘might’ be better in a back 2 than a 3 but until we see some actual consistent ‘proof’ of this I don’t see how this claim can be proven 🤷

Until then. He’s a centre half & needs to be doing better than he is at basics & especially a CH’s ‘bread & butter’ of tackling & clearing his lines 🤷

Agreed, min! Think we’re saying the same thing! You’re just articulating it better than me!  Don’t think we should play a 3, full stop! If we played a 4 consistently, he may prove to be better, but that’s an unknown. 
Def needs a wee rest! Or ‘time on the training pitch’ at the ‘boss’ would put it. 

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Eh? Playing in a 3 in the middle of 2 experienced CBs is the only way he can be played. What the hell else is he going to do? Christ, imagine him on the right of 2 CBs! On right of 3 is hilarious.

They are trying to sell him on as their new model dictates so playing him in every game regardless of the tactics that each game requires is what's happening I think. 

I said on seeing him immediately that I thought he was right up there in the top end of worst CBs I've ever seen playing for the club and half a season in I haven't changed my opinion. I gave him pass marks for very little fuck ups v huns at home but if "oh well done you didn't cause a goal today" is the best we can come up with as praise then it just shows how low we currently are not just in league position but in ambition. 

'Raw' we are saying? Fucks sake, he will be 24 years old way before the end of the season. Scott McKenna was 23 when he moved to Nottingham Forest. 

18 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Eh? Playing in a 3 in the middle of 2 experienced CBs is the only way he can be played. What the hell else is he going to do? Christ, imagine him on the right of 2 CBs! On right of 3 is hilarious.

They are trying to sell him on as their new model dictates so playing him in every game regardless of the tactics that each game requires is what's happening I think. 

I said on seeing him immediately that I thought he was right up there in the top end of worst CBs I've ever seen playing for the club and half a season in I haven't changed my opinion. I gave him pass marks for very little fuck ups v huns at home but if "oh well done you didn't cause a goal today" is the best we can come up with as praise then it just shows how low we currently are not just in league position but in ambition. 

'Raw' we are saying? Fucks sake, he will be 24 years old way before the end of the season. Scott McKenna was 23 when he moved to Nottingham Forest. 

One of the worst defenders for Aberdeen FC? Ever? 

That is some shout.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That's a pity he misses the Livi game, he'd actually work really well upfront as a target man if the genius decides to punt long balls all game again.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

This is in the P and J….too close to Boyle!!? He ran past Boyle and under the fucking ball…..he was nowhere near boyle..you wonder what McDonald must be thinking ie I must be fucking murder if I can’t get a game in a team that loses goals for fun..

Robson said: “We all make mistakes, players make mistakes.

“For the first goal we lost the goalie miss-hit it and Ruby got too close to Martin Boyle when he should have deepened a wee bit.

“And he ends up getting caught and Boyle gets through with a big lump up the pitch.

“You can see he (Rubezic) has made a couple of mistakes but you have to support him and back him. ”

Once again, what do you want Robson to say? Tedious. He’s said he made a mistake. 

Some of the states people get in on here is mental. Aye it’s fucking crap we are shite but try take a step back a bit from just ranting for the sake of ranting. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Once again, what do you want Robson to say? Tedious. He’s said he made a mistake. 

Some of the states people get in on here is mental. Aye it’s fucking crap we are shite but try take a step back a bit from just ranting for the sake of ranting. 

Weird you quoted someone not ranting though? Boy was just pointing out Robson assessment was wrong. Hardly a rant 😂

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I’m not ranting for the sake of ranting! I agree that BR needed to defend his player in public, but if the action is to continue to play someone that’s making high profile mistakes, what are the discussions behind the scenes between BR and player? Or why continue to play him? One of the reason we are ‘shite’ is the number of goals we lose and unfortunately Ruby and his ‘mistakes’ have been a large contributor to that.I think that inferring a miss kicked ball from the goalie, was a Contributing factor to his defender running under the ball was poor!

I hate where we are in the league and by and large what I’m watching each week! I don’t want BR at the helm any longer, but I’ve given him praise where it’s been due and criticised when and why that’s been fair, I’m my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

I’m not ranting for the sake of ranting! I agree that BR needed to defend his player in public, but if the action is to continue to play someone that’s making high profile mistakes, what are the discussions behind the scenes between BR and player? Or why continue to play him? One of the reason we are ‘shite’ is the number of goals we lose and unfortunately Ruby and his ‘mistakes’ have been a large contributor to that.I think that inferring a miss kicked ball from the goalie, was a Contributing factor to his defender running under the ball was poor!

I hate where we are in the league and by and large what I’m watching each week! I don’t want BR at the helm any longer, but I’ve given him praise where it’s been due and criticised when and why that’s been fair, I’m my opinion. 

Kinda ranting now 😂

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, donswin1983 said:

Agreed, min! Think we’re saying the same thing! You’re just articulating it better than me!  Don’t think we should play a 3, full stop! If we played a 4 consistently, he may prove to be better, but that’s an unknown. 
Def needs a wee rest! Or ‘time on the training pitch’ at the ‘boss’ would put it. 

It was less than a week ago he played right of a 3 when he fucked up but we were told it’s not his natural position and he’s being played out of position as he plays centre of a 3.
Lo  and behold he fucks up there too. Twice. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...