I think we have a lot of runners on here

Edwin Starr

55 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Again we have some very good runners on here 

Looking at your 5k and 10k times your half marathon time should be 1.22 or even a bit faster.

16 mins for 5k is very quick .

That 5k and 10k were about 8 years ago, I'm struggling to get anything below 18 for a 5k and 38 for a 10k nowadays. I was looking really good for sub 3h in the last marathon I ran before lockdown, unfortunately, about 15 miles in I fell to pieces, I'd over trained for it and had to drag myself along for the last 11 miles. Finished it in 3h 26m. A couple of valuable lessons were learned.

• Upvote 1

It would be outrageous to call me a "runner", but I have been lumbering along on the treadmill at the gym.

I just aim to run for half an hour after my work-out and gradually try to increase the speed.

Im usually going about 6mph (modest, but comfortable) at present and so im doing approx 3 miles in that time, about 5k.  I do that 5 times in a typical week.

I have never entered an event, but could easily do a 5k, even a 10k if I really pushed myself. 

But mainly concentrating on trying to reconstitute my body right now and get healthier.

2 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

It would be outrageous to call me a "runner", but I have been lumbering along on the treadmill at the gym.

I just aim to run for half an hour after my work-out and gradually try to increase the speed.

Im usually going about 6mph (modest, but comfortable) at present and so im doing approx 3 miles in that time, about 5k.  I do that 5 times in a typical week.

I have never entered an event, but could easily do a 5k, even a 10k if I really pushed myself. 

But mainly concentrating on trying to reconstitute my body right now and get healthier.

6 mph is walking speed. You fat, lanky bastard.

3 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

You must of been a right fucking state, good on you regardless for trying to sort yourself out. 

May as well mention my times from 20-30 years ago.

3k 9-10.

5k 15mins and a few seconds regularly could never break 15 mins.

4 miles 20mins 20 seconds.

Better on the hills where I'd give my mates a tough time . They were 30 mins 10k runners 

Best of all a former Scottish internationalist on the mountains my vest still fits me after all these years.

Running has been good for me mentally as it has for most people I know.

Gives you a more laid back approach to life

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

May as well mention my times from 20-30 years ago.

3k 9-10.

5k 15mins and a few seconds regularly could never break 15 mins.

4 miles 20mins 20 seconds.

Better on the hills where I'd give my mates a tough time . They were 30 mins 10k runners 

Best of all a former Scottish internationalist on the mountains my vest still fits me after all these years.

Running has been good for me mentally as it has for most people I know.

Gives you a more laid back approach to life

It's done fuck all for your dress sense.  Mess!!!!🤣

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Edwin Starr said:

Aye got to do better but I'm learning 

Get a few more tips when I put that iconic film Clockwork Orange on again.

I've got a bowler hat, white jeans, white grandad shirt and boots and braces obvs but no jock strap.  Did it as a fancy dress for my wifes 80's themed birthday party a few years ago.  Fuck the 80's I went as the 70's. 

Also wore the bowler dressed as a Madness character for a mates birthday, 80's themed thing too.  Real saxophone the lot.  Even learned the intro to One Step Beyond.

I'll take the pelters.🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

I've got a bowler hat, white jeans, white grandad shirt and boots and braces obvs but no jock strap.  Did it as a fancy dress for my wifes 80's themed birthday party a few years ago.  Fuck the 80's I went as the 70's. 

Also wore the bowler dressed as a Madness character for a mates birthday, 80's themed thing too.  Real saxophone the lot.  Even learned the intro to One Step Beyond.

I'll take the pelters.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Never got the Bowler hat , I did want one though.

No pelters from me.

• Thanks 1