Getting merried

YorkDon

29 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Id advise whoever the budget keeper is keeps control of it. My missus had no concept of money when it came to wedding planning. I very much had to rein her in. 

Luckily young bird is more careful with money than I am, so spending ridiculous amounts isna really on the cards.

22 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Go to Vegas and get married by an Elvis 

Two birds with one stone, a Wedding and honeymoon - fuck a hooker too (two birds with one bone) 

It’s an idea for sure.

Someone suggested a joint hen/stag 🤣🤮

14 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

Congratulations! Never seen the attraction of marriage, but all the best 

I was always like that too, but see it now.

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Many places and photographers book up 3 years in advance. 

Word of advice...keep a spreadsheet. 

1 hour ago, YorkDon said:

Young bird will be all over that.

41 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Luckily young bird is more careful with money than I am, so spending ridiculous amounts isna really on the cards.

16 hours ago, YorkDon said:

We’ve plenty in common.

First dance is pretty much already sorted.

She sounds quite the catch.

Loves a spreadsheet, careful with money and plenty in common with a complete wet lettuce.

All the best. LOL

• Haha 2
35 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

She sounds quite the catch.

Loves a spreadsheet, careful with money and plenty in common with a complete wet lettuce.

All the best. LOL

She disna waste money and kens how to work a spreadsheet, and that makes her a wet lettuce? lol

An arse that could crack walnuts and legs that go on forever, and nae oot wasting money is good enough for me.

19 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

She disna waste money and kens how to work a spreadsheet, and that makes her a wet lettuce? lol

An arse that could crack walnuts and legs that go on forever, and nae oot wasting money is good enough for me.

You can't marry her for her looks and her arse, she'll let herself go the minute you are married and after she has two kids you'll be lucky if you recognise her. 

• Upvote 1

Congrats on the engagement then YD, sounds liek you have rushed into planning the waddin straight off then if your looking at venues and things already if you only popped the question 

Just leave the arrangements to the young bird, you plan your stagger

Now, what time of year for the stagger? Only one stagger or two - a home and an away one?

Just now, sigh said:

Congrats on the engagement then YD, sounds liek you have rushed into planning the waddin straight off then if your looking at venues and things already if you only popped the question 

Now, what time of year for the stagger? Only one stagger or two - a home and an away one?

It’s Emmerdale he works on

7 minutes ago, sigh said:

Cheers min.Aye probably a home and away one.
A hardcore drinking few days away somewhere hot, then one round York for the guys that canna make/don’t want to/nae allowed to, go away for a few nights.

8 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

It’s Emmerdale he works on

Been on twice, blink and you missed me.

4 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Many places and photographers book up 3 years in advance. 

Word of advice...keep a spreadsheet. 

Sound advice, I don’t even want to know how much I spent on my stagger / wedding and that  was with LG picking up my bar tab.

Best to keep an eye on what she is up to.

Just go overseas to do it. My wife and i spent months going round all the big venues in the North East, visiting wedding shows and exhibitions... we realised eventually that basically you end up paying a fortune for loads of people who you may or may not even particularly like to have a party.

We eventually decided to go to Mauritius to get married, didn't tell anyone it was what we were planning to begin with... booked it in the February to get married in November then told everyone 'you're welcome to come, here's where we're staying, this is how much it costs... its entirely up to you!'.

In the end both sets of our parents came and that was all we needed. Spent about £10k on ourselves... upgraded flights and room plus the wedding package which included all the fees, location, meal, cake, music, champagne breakfast the day after, spa day for her... only thing we needed to buy ourselves was our outfits. Parents stayed a week then went home and we had another week to ourselves.

Best thing we ever did, wouldn't change it for the world and it cost us significantly less than a big wedding would have cost here.

• Upvote 1
Just now, zeroisgod76 said:

Just go overseas to do it. My wife and i spent months going round all the big venues in the North East, visiting wedding shows and exhibitions... we realised eventually that basically you end up paying a fortune for loads of people who you may or may not even particularly like to have a party.

We eventually decided to go to Mauritius to get married, didn't tell anyone to begin with... booked it in the February to get married in November then told everyone 'you're welcome to come, here's where we're staying, this is how much it costs... its entirely up to you!'.

In the end both sets of our parents came and that was all we needed. Spent about £10k on ourselves... upgraded flights and room plus the wedding package which included all the fees, location, meal, cake, music, champagne breakfast the day after, spa day for her... only thing we needed to buy ourselves was our outfits. Parents stayed a week then went home and we had another week to ourselves.

Best thing we ever did, wouldn't change it for the world and it cost us significantly less than a big wedding would have cost here.

Oi, bide in the GF Forum! 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1