Pape Habib Guèye

2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Are you forgetting our team couldn't "do it" against 7th division opponents last season?

Forever etched in my memory. Shouldn’t have lost that if it wasn’t for an incompetent linesman.

Scoring against a third division semi pro team doesn’t tell us much. See if he can get some more goals in the top flight before we pish our pants at him being cut out for us. 

11 hours ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Forever etched in my memory. Shouldn’t have lost that if it wasn’t for an incompetent linesman.

Scoring against a third division semi pro team doesn’t tell us much. See if he can get some more goals in the top flight before we pish our pants at him being cut out for us. 

My point was more he can only score against the team he's playing against. 

Did you see his cameo at Tynecastle at all? The prick looked like he would struggle at Inverdee. 

Glad he's scored a few and hope he continues to do so. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

My point was more he can only score against the team he's playing against. 

Did you see his cameo at Tynecastle at all? The prick looked like he would struggle at Inverdee. 

Glad he's scored a few and hope he continues to do so. 

I was unfortunate enough to witness this. Took him 3 touches and the ball still wasn’t under control. Ran the ball out a few times to compound the misery. 

Was quite thrilled we managed to sign him in the summer as looked like a good piece of business on paper. Only for all that hope to come crashing down in a matter of minutes. 

1 minute ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

I was unfortunate enough to witness this. Took him 3 touches and the ball still wasn’t under control. Ran the ball out a few times to compound the misery. 

Was quite thrilled we managed to sign him in the summer as looked like a good piece of business on paper. Only for all that hope to come crashing down in a matter of minutes. 

Hopefully someone in Norway is silly enough to take his contract off us if he continues to score in their league.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Be a fair boost if he turned out being even half good enough.

5 goals and 1 assist from 10 games now, so going in the right direction

I guess it does help having a run of games, much like Sokler the problem for them is we have Miovski and he has been top quality so unless he's injured or suspended other will play the sub role.  

1 hour ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

He made a c*nt of it when he got his chance.Wont be first and won’t be last. Best for both parties if he leaves. He’s not up to our league, be it standard, speed played, etc. Never know maybe Leven could get a tune out of him.

I'd argue we made a cunt of him. Lack of game time or squad rotation. You could tell he wasn't remotely match fit similar to Duk at the start of last season, allegedly due to the protracted transfer saga we had with his Belgian club. Left hung out to dry by Robson.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

He made a c*nt of it when he got his chance.Wont be first and won’t be last. Best for both parties if he leaves. He’s not up to our league, be it standard, speed played, etc. Never know maybe Leven could get a tune out of him.

Think he deserves another chance. Scoring 2 against Bodo who are now regulars in europa league/conference groups is a decent standard. 5 in 10 games. If he continues that form I think Thelin should atleast have a look at him. But worst case scenario we can hopefully recoup some of the fee paid. 

3 hours ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

He got 45 minutes on a skating rink in Helsinki having not started a game all season. 

I’ll admit he’s not looked great in the fleeting glimpses we’ve seen, but we shouldn’t just write him off yet.

Besides, we spent the guts of £500k allegedly & gave him a 3 or 4 year contract.

I’d think Thelin will have a look at him & give him a chance

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He got 45 minutes on a skating rink in Helsinki having not started a game all season. 

I’ll admit he’s not looked great in the fleeting glimpses we’ve seen, but we shouldn’t just write him off yet.

Besides, we spent the guts of £500k allegedly & gave him a 3 or 4 year contract.

I’d think Thelin will have a look at him & give him a chance

I’d expect he’ll get a couple of games in the League Cup Groups. That’s the advantage of being in that pish.

15 hours ago, penguin2024 said:

I went to a Norwegian game a few weeks and thought it was not at SPL level.and it was 5th v 6th in the Norway top league

Bodo and molde at 28.000 coefficient points, Huns on 68,000 while bodo sits at 68th Huns are 28th so definitely a difference between the 2 leagues with ours that bit stronger. Sweden and Norway teams are lesser quality rankings wise, Denmark is different, comparable with Copenhagen next to the Huns in rankings.