Stefan Gartenmann

19 hours ago, Hoofball said:

If he keeps playing like he did yesterday until the end of the season I’d take him on a permanent as long as the fee isn’t to high.

Just now, The Gee Man said:

You pay for consistency! If he produces similar level in next 5 games that’s a different conversation 

See my original post

10 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

I take it you didn’t see the semi final and how well he played coming away with a comment like that

So he has a good game, suddenly all is forgiven and he's worthy of a transfer fee and a contract? 

Some folk on here have the memory of a goldfish! 😂

• Dildo 1
19 hours ago, Hoofball said:

If he keeps playing like he did yesterday until the end of the season I’d take him on a permanent as long as the fee isn’t to high.

4 minutes ago, davieb said:

So he has a good game, suddenly all is forgiven and he's worthy of a transfer fee and a contract? 

Some folk on here have the memory of a goldfish! 😂

:suicide:

Where exactly in my post does it say he should be signed permanently off the back of one performance

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

I take it you didn’t see the semi final and how well he played coming away with a comment like that

5 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

:suicide:

Where exactly in my post does it say he should be signed permanently off the back of one performance

😂

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
20 hours ago, super_al said:

He does well against teams that don't play hoof ball. Unfortunately he can't adapt (or has not shown that he can) to playing against the big physical striker that most teams in the league have. 

Not convinced this is the case to be honest. Off the top of my head, he's handled the likes of Vassell (3-1 win) and Bair (0-1 win) well this season. He was also solid against the big striker Yengi away to Livi.

It seems to be a confidence issue with him. If he's low on confidence he can be pretty bad to watch but if he's confident and comfortable with who he's playing alongside then he seems to do reasonably well. 

Probably wouldn't be looking to do a permanent deal unless it was done cheaply though. 

20 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

You pay for consistency! If he produces similar level in next 5 games that’s a different conversation 

He won't though and we all know that. He's maybe ok as a squad player on an average wage, but it would be ridiculous paying a fee for him

2 minutes ago, davieb said:

I'm not surprised you can't remember what you posted minutes ago 😂

Ok simpleton I’ll dumb it down for you.
Right are you ready…If he performs to the same high standard as he did in Saturday for the remaining FIVE games of the season I’d have no problem with Aberdeen signing him as long as the fee isn’t to high. Why because he has shown consistency over SIX games not one but six.

That’s as simple as I can make it and if your still struggling I can’t help anymore and this conversation is over

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Ok simpleton I’ll dumb it down for you.
Right are you ready…If he performs to the same high standard as he did in Saturday for the remaining FIVE games of the season I’d have no problem with Aberdeen signing him as long as the fee isn’t to high. Why because he has shown consistency over SIX games not one but six.

That’s as simple as I can make it and if your still struggling I can’t help anymore and this conversation is over

Mate, you basically stated my judgement was off because I clearly hadn't watched his superb performance on Saturday ... I've watched him all season, he's not managed to string two decent performances together, never mind five games in a row, during that time ... yet somehow he's gonna kick on now, and he's gonna be worth paying a fee for? You're fucking deluded! 😂

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Jesus Christ, your a right fucking idiot aren’t you

Calling someone an idiot whilst being grammatically wrong is ironic.

However, on topic, Gartenmann was good on Saturday, but generally been poor.

Lacks concentration, is slow, horrendous passer & too small & weak to be a centre half in Scotland IMO.

Find better I say 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Calling someone an idiot whilst being grammatically wrong is ironic.

However, on topic, Gartenmann was good on Saturday, but generally been poor.

Lacks concentration, is slow, horrendous passer & too small & weak to be a centre half in Scotland IMO.

Find better I say 

Will accept the grammatical idiocy. 

So if he played like he did on Saturday for the remaining games you won’t want him signed permanently especially when he was playing well last year and you wanted him signed on a permanent then

49 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Will accept the grammatical idiocy. 

So if he played like he did on Saturday for the remaining games you won’t want him signed permanently especially when he was playing well last year and you wanted him signed on a permanent then

There is zero to suggest he will or can.

He’s generally been shite. 

The odd good game interspersed with several poor games.

No, I’d be looking elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think he's had enough time to prove his worth. 

His overall performances don't warrant a permanent signing. We can do better. 

Some of that being based upon the fact that we already have MacDonald, Ruby, Jensen and Milne yea?

So if we are going for a centre back it would be great to sign one who is good step up?

I think that is a fair shout.

If we didnt have those four centre backs there would be more weight to an argument of 'better the devil you know'.

Lets twist on a new ball playing centre back.

• Thanks 1

His interception of a dangerous Celticbreakaway and then superb pass to Hoilett in lead up to goal was class. He looked like the type of centre back Thelin would want on that one clip. However loads more clips that will have Thelin saying thanks but no thanks.

He's looked ropey ever since that Rangers game at home when he conceded the late penalty. Not sure if its a confidence or fitness issue or if he is just....shite.

Similar to Jensen, who looked good initially when he came in and went totally off the boil.

Either way I doubt he will be here next season.

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Some of that being based upon the fact that we already have MacDonald, Ruby, Jensen and Milne yea?

So if we are going for a centre back it would be great to sign one who is good step up?

I think that is a fair shout.

If we didnt have those four centre backs there would be more weight to an argument of 'better the devil you know'.

Lets twist on a new ball playing centre back.

Is 100% the correct sentiment 

The abundance of shite we’re stuck with in defence (& no keeper yet either) we certainly shouldn’t be wasting ANY fee (regardless how small) on Gartenman. Especially after one good game, even if he follows it up with another five v the rest of the bottom 6 shite.

Would be a very costly mistake wasting a CH position on him again unless we offload a couple first & can have him as a squad player maybe

1 hour ago, davierobb said:

His interception of a dangerous Celticbreakaway and then superb pass to Hoilett in lead up to goal was class. He looked like the type of centre back Thelin would want on that one clip. However loads more clips that will have Thelin saying thanks but no thanks.

I thought his overall passing was pretty poor on Saturday, as others have said I would only have as a squad player for the right cost  

6 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

Not convinced this is the case to be honest. Off the top of my head, he's handled the likes of Vassell (3-1 win) and Bair (0-1 win) well this season. He was also solid against the big striker Yengi away to Livi.

It seems to be a confidence issue with him. If he's low on confidence he can be pretty bad to watch but if he's confident and comfortable with who he's playing alongside then he seems to do reasonably well. 

Probably wouldn't be looking to do a permanent deal unless it was done cheaply though. 

What about the other Killie games where he was bullied by.......Marley Watkins?

30 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

What about the other Killie games where he was bullied by.......Marley Watkins?

To be fair, I would agree he did struggle against Marley Watkins - although at 6ft or so I wouldn't say his height or being a target man is Watkins' main attribute. For me, he's a runner who stretches defences. 

Regardless of that, I'm not saying Gartenmann has done well against all tall strikers. I'm saying that I don't agree with the point that it's simply a case of he's fine against teams who pass it and bad against those who play direct with a big striker. There is no doubt he has dealt with a few big strikers well. 

Thanks for your witty retort though. 

54 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

To be fair, I would agree he did struggle against Marley Watkins - although at 6ft or so I wouldn't say his height or being a target man is Watkins' main attribute. For me, he's a runner who stretches defences. 

Regardless of that, I'm not saying Gartenmann has done well against all tall strikers. I'm saying that I don't agree with the point that it's simply a case of he's fine against teams who pass it and bad against those who play direct with a big striker. There is no doubt he has dealt with a few big strikers well. 

Thanks for your witty retort though. 

You missed the point. Watkins is neither big, or strong or particularly good. Yet he bullied Gartenmann. This should send a lot of red flags.

Not meant to be witty, just merely factual that he can't even deal with soft mediocrity.

6 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

You missed the point. Watkins is neither big, or strong or particularly good. Yet he bullied Gartenmann. This should send a lot of red flags.

Not meant to be witty, just merely factual that he can't even deal with soft mediocrity.

The irony. I don't know if you're even making a point other than Gartenmann had a bad game against Watkins which I'm not disagreeing with.

You've reinforced that you're not aware of the point I'm making. I'll say it again. Some think it's a case of he's decent against teams who play a certain way (such as continental opposition who pass it) but struggles against teams who are direct with a big target man, but I don't think it's that simple because some of his stronger performances have been against direct sides. That's it. I think his confidence levels play a part in it. It's more nuanced. 

This is not a defence of Gartenmann and it's not really got anything to do with Watkins. Yes he didn't do well against him. Probably because of his energy and pressing. After all that's how he robbed him and scored at Rugby Park. As an aside, Watkins is having a decent season for someone who isn't 'particularly good'.

I'm glad you weren't trying to be witty because I was being sarcastic. Another point you've missed perhaps. Thanks for your facts though, which are actually just opinions.

19 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

We’ve conceded 49 goals in the league so far this season, which is unacceptable. Yes, Others have conceded more, but hearts and Kilmarnock, which is where we should be in the league as a minimum has conceded materially less.

gartermann has played in the vast majority of these fixtures. He’s not big enough, strong enough, quick enough and he’s got a head like a toblerone. We’ve lost so many goals from set pieces too.

not worthy of a contract in the future in my view. Squad player, or otherwise.

• Upvote 1
Just now, donswin1983 said:

We’ve conceded 49 goals in the league so far this season, which is unacceptable. Yes, Others have conceded more, but hearts and Kilmarnock, which is where we should be in the league as a minimum has conceded materially less.

gartermann has played in the vast majority of these fixtures. He’s not big enough, strong enough, quick enough and he’s got a head like a toblerone. We’ve lost so many goals from set pieces too.

not worthy of a contract in the future in my view. Squad player, or otherwise.

Good to see his feet match his head at least.