Stefan Gartenmann

22 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

The irony. I don't know if you're even making a point other than Gartenmann had a bad game against Watkins which I'm not disagreeing with.

You've reinforced that you're not aware of the point I'm making. I'll say it again. Some think it's a case of he's decent against teams who play a certain way (such as continental opposition who pass it) but struggles against teams who are direct with a big target man, but I don't think it's that simple because some of his stronger performances have been against direct sides. That's it. I think his confidence levels play a part in it. It's more nuanced. 

This is not a defence of Gartenmann and it's not really got anything to do with Watkins. Yes he didn't do well against him. Probably because of his energy and pressing. After all that's how he robbed him and scored at Rugby Park. As an aside, Watkins is having a decent season for someone who isn't 'particularly good'.

I'm glad you weren't trying to be witty because I was being sarcastic. Another point you've missed perhaps. Thanks for your facts though, which are actually just opinions.

So you agree he didn't deal with Watkins but then state it's an opinion rather than a fact. No, it's a fact. Watkins bullied him.

The point you're making is that he's coped against some bigger opponents. I disagree with this. He's shite pretty much every game regardless of who the opposition are.

The point I was making which you continue to miss is that Watkins is not big. He didn't bully him through pressing and energy, he bullied him by being stronger than him. If he can't cope with the strength of Watkins, then he's not going to cope with the strength of genuinely big strong players as has been evidenced all season.

I know you're trying to come across as clever with your condescending remarks, but really you're just making yourself out to be a cunt who doesn't understand the simplest concepts even when they're explained several times.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

So you agree he didn't deal with Watkins but then state it's an opinion rather than a fact. No, it's a fact. Watkins bullied him.

The point you're making is that he's coped against some bigger opponents. I disagree with this. He's shite pretty much every game regardless of who the opposition are.

The point I was making which you continue to miss is that Watkins is not big. He didn't bully him through pressing and energy, he bullied him by being stronger than him. If he can't cope with the strength of Watkins, then he's not going to cope with the strength of genuinely big strong players as has been evidenced all season.

I know you're trying to come across as clever with your condescending remarks, but really you're just making yourself out to be a cunt who doesn't understand the simplest concepts even when they're explained several times.

Lol, imagine raging over what a stranger thinks about Stefan Gartenmann 

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Russell said:

Lol, imagine raging over what a stranger thinks about Stefan Gartenmann 

Don't care what he thinks of Gart to be honest as he's shown himself to be a muppet. Simply replying to his condescending comments. And also not raging in the slightest. Enjoying the sun with a cold one 🙂