January Transfer Window 😂

Toondon

2 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

From what im hearing Daves going to open the cheque book a good few times this window, well down the road with 2 players

I hope to fuck we go on a run. Absolutely sickening spending a shit tonne on players when we don’t have a competent manager. I blatantly obvious he’s here till start of year minimum after last nights comments as some suggested on here before. 

We have 

Livi home 

Dundee away 

Motherwell home 

st mirren home 

county away 

St Johnstone away 

what we predicting for the above. We need to be taking 4 wins and a couple draws in that run in minimum. So that’s 14 points out of 18. I don’t think that’s unreasonable. 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

I hope to fuck we go on a run. Absolutely sickening spending a shit tonne on players when we don’t have a competent manager. I blatantly obvious he’s here till start of year minimum after last nights comments as some suggested on here before. 

We have 

Livi home 

Dundee away 

Motherwell home 

st mirren home 

county away 

St Johnstone away 

what we predicting for the above. We need to be taking 4 wins and a couple draws in that run in minimum. So that’s 14 points out of 18. I don’t think that’s unreasonable. 

18 or he needs sacked.

6 hours ago, Granite95 said:

We'd get compensation if he was to sign with any team wouldn't we? Long as we've offered him a deal on higher wages than he's arleady on? Or does the compensation rule only apply to teams in the UK?

WE  only need to offer him a contract that matches his current contract to protect our compensation rights.......no need to offer him a pay rise. Of course we will do in reality but there would be nothing to stop us informing him/his agent that if he doesn't sign our new contract offer by a certain date, on that date the new offer is withdrawn and replaced immediately by an offer on his current terms.

18 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

WE  only need to offer him a contract that matches his current contract to protect our compensation rights.......no need to offer him a pay rise. Of course we will do in reality but there would be nothing to stop us informing him/his agent that if he doesn't sign our new contract offer by a certain date, on that date the new offer is withdrawn and replaced immediately by an offer on his current terms.

Thought we did as thats where Dundee utd mucked up with Lewis Neilson I thought

Like to think club would have had all of this figured out as an eventuality 

On 12/12/2023 at 12:53 PM, slippers said:

We have 

Livi home  win 3 point

Dundee away  Draw 1 point 

Motherwell home  win 3 points

st mirren home win 3 points

county away draw ( the fixture I’m not sure about, we seem to fek up against them at times )

St Johnstone away win 3 points

14 points other clubs won’t win every game either so should see us climb table

23 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Surely we can put a bid in for Mattie Pollock, Watford, we hardly lost any goals with him and McDonald at the back go to 442 formation Barry get your finger out 

There’s no chance that stubborn cunt will revert to a back four and even if he did there’s four CBs so no need for Pollock

50 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Surely we can put a bid in for Mattie Pollock, Watford, we hardly lost any goals with him and McDonald at the back go to 442 formation Barry get your finger out 

It's not happening whilst we have 5 CH's. I know that Williams hasn't featured and he could be sent back to Liverpool in January but even with 4 CH's, we still aren't bringing Pollock in.

If he is still with Watford in the summer, I wouldn't be against trying to bring him in then, allowing Gartenmann to return to Denmark. But given Pollock's lack of game time despite making the bench most weeks, I suspect he'll be looking to move next month and probably would prefer it to be a permanent one.

54 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It's not happening whilst we have 5 CH's. I know that Williams hasn't featured and he could be sent back to Liverpool in January but even with 4 CH's, we still aren't bringing Pollock in.

If he is still with Watford in the summer, I wouldn't be against trying to bring him in then, allowing Gartenmann to return to Denmark. But given Pollock's lack of game time despite making the bench most weeks, I suspect he'll be looking to move next month and probably would prefer it to be a permanent one.

If there's an opportunity to sign pollock permanently next month it should be done. Who gives a fuck if our loan cbs end up not getting a game because of it?

Out - Williams(end of loan), Dadia(end of loan), Gueye(loan), Vinnie, Duncan(loan), Barron(sell), Hayes(retire)

In - Two out and out wingers, a LB and a CDM. Squad can be a bit smaller now after January, but should have better quality added. 

Roos

Devlin MacDonald/Gartenmaan/Rubezic Jensen New LB

Polvara new CDM

Clarkson or McGrath

Winger Miovski Winger

• Upvote 1

Can only see outs now! Loanees returning that Barry has decide he didn’t want to try! And maybe 2/3 sales. Not sure now we have only league and maybe 2/3 cup games that we will need to boost the squad. This current situation isn’t getting into European football again next season, so we don’t need to waste cash in expensive January window 

• Haha 1