January Transfer Window 😂

Toondon

4 hours ago, DelMonte said:

We have moved away from the manager picking all the signings which is a good thing for this reason and is why we don’t need to panic buy this window. 

So we have a bunch of idiots picking signings for an idiot manager that they have no clue how, where or even if he will play them. 

The problem is clearly the manager & his use of squads. He needs sacked.

if we don’t sign a player this window but sack the manager, the team will be improved 

3 hours ago, slippers said:

yup we are in great shape. Nothing to worry about.

There's still 2 weeks of the window to go, the squad have just returned from a break and our next game is against Clyde.

Granted, there's a benefit to having players in early so they can train, etc. but I'd rather have a couple of good players in at the end of the window rather than just sign whoever we can get now.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Transfer windows are like Christmas. The build up is exciting on what you might get as a present. Then you end up with cheap shit aftershave and then sulk in the anti climax of it all.

Do I have to get pissed for the whole transfer window then?

That'll make Januadry or whatever its called tricky. 

47 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

PnJ reporting strong interest in Duk from Europe. Going to be difficult holding on to him. And if he wants to leave in reality there’s not a lot we can do to stop him going.

Should be wanting to leave given the way he’s been played. Robson has cost him a place at African nations. 

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, slippers said:

Should be wanting to leave given the way he’s been played. Robson has cost him a place at African nations. 

I agree, haven't played to his strengths at all, but he also hasn't been at the same level as last season. Would like him to stay, and grab a few goals and assists as his value must have slumped a little since summer.

10 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I agree, haven't played to his strengths at all, but he also hasn't been at the same level as last season. Would like him to stay, and grab a few goals and assists as his value must have slumped a little since summer.

There was talk about 2.5m to Switzerland. Id of taken that and moved on in all honesty but if we are only getting 50% of fee providing he would extend contract id twist and hope the next manager can get more out of him.

11 minutes ago, slippers said:

There was talk about 2.5m to Switzerland. Id of taken that and moved on in all honesty but if we are only getting 50% of fee providing he would extend contract id twist and hope the next manager can get more out of him.

Which was confirmed to have been made up pish

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, slippers said:

Wouldn’t that be stick rather than twist?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

How depressing that last season we were talking about holding out for £10m for Duk, and now the figures being banded about now are a quarter of that.

Fuck Robson and his hoofball pish for killing him this season.

Think Duk needs to take some of the blame not exactly played like he’s worth more than £3 million. I think £10 was always dreaming 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Think Duk needs to take some of the blame not exactly played like he’s worth more than £3 million. I think £10 was always dreaming 

It didn't feel like that for that handful of games that won Robson his contract. The split of last season onwards I completely agree though. I do wonder what a more offensive manager would get out of him though. 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Think Duk is the type you just send out and tell him to do his thing. Some players need freedom rather than being told where to go, what to do, especially when the tactics are shite in the first place. Cantona  springs to mind ( and no I’m not suggesting he’s Cantona standard before I get jumped on.)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1