January Transfer Window 😂

Toondon

2 hours ago, slippers said:

There was talk about 2.5m to Switzerland. Id of taken that and moved on in all honesty but if we are only getting 50% of fee providing he would extend contract id twist and hope the next manager can get more out of him.

Moved on from what? He's not on strike or demanding to leave. All the transfer drama is from gypes on here plucking transfer fees out the air (minijc excluded of course) 

49 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Think Duk needs to take some of the blame not exactly played like he’s worth more than £3 million. I think £10 was always dreaming 

Difficult to look like a £3m player when you are spending the majority of the game watching the ball sail miles over your head.

Same goes for Clarkson who showed the other week v County he's a cracking player when you use him properlytoo.

• Upvote 2
53 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Rhys Williams gone back out on loan to Port Vale. So much for Jurgen Klopp bigging him up. If he was that good he'd have got a better loan than Port Vale surely?

It will be interesting to see how he gets on-

Never plays

Plays and is dogshit

Plays and is ok

Plays and gets on well

If it is one of the last two then its another nail in the Robson coffin

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

How depressing that last season we were talking about holding out for £10m for Duk, and now the figures being banded about now are a quarter of that.

Fuck Robson and his hoofball pish for killing him this season.

Only the absolute rockets and zoomers in our support thought Duks value was anywhere near £10 million.

If you fall into said category then make an appointment with your doctor. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Never plays

Plays and is dogshit

Plays and is ok

Plays and gets on well

I dunno if playing ok or even well at the mighty Port Vale means he'd have been good enough to play here.

I think the fact Klopp has instantly shipped him out to a team at that level tells you all you need to know about him.

6 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Only the absolute rockets and zoomers in our support thought Duks value was anywhere near £10 million.

If you fall into said category then make an appointment with your doctor. 

Don't think anyone seriously thought we'd get £10m for him, but if he'd kept up the form he was showing at the time it wouldn't have been unreasonable to open any negotiation with that figure and see where we ended up.

Now some are talking about being happy getting £2.5m (£1.25m really as half goes to Benfica)

38 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Never plays

Plays and is dogshit

Plays and is ok

Plays and gets on well

Thanks for confirming the potential outcomes

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Celtic apparently looking to offload Seigriest.

Heid definitely one we should be going for whether or not Roos stays or not

Outstanding for Utd, got them top 6 almost single handedly a few seasons back.

I can only assume he’s not top drawer with the ball at his feet to suit Ange and Brenda’s style but as a good old fashioned goalie, top drawer 

58 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I can only assume he’s not top drawer with the ball at his feet to suit Ange and Brenda’s style but as a good old fashioned goalie, top drawer 

Playing second fiddle to Scott Bain is a red flag, no?

I did like him at Dundee Utd though. 

19 hours ago, Dunty said:

Source?

Him. He did tell me a few things couple of transfer windows ago problem was he would tell me in the morning generally but with the shit signal I had at work couldn’t check internet until I got home by then everyone knew 

• Like 1
On 1/14/2024 at 4:47 PM, Waycross Don said:

Personally last thing I woud be doing is trying to secure Stefan Gartenmann on any permanent deal.

Would be putting more engergy in trying to get Mattie Pollock back to the club as has not really made much of an impact at Watford this season.

Stefan is not the worst, but Mattie different class.

Just saying..

Why did you feel the need to type 'Just saying..' at the end of your post.

The posting style of a simpleton.

Try better in future.

• Dildo 1
2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Think he maybe lost attention on his fitba a little at Celtic with his mind more on his celebrity Aussie girlfriend and living a glamourous lifestyle with her. Don't think she will be keen on jetting in and out to Aberdeen and suspect he might be heading to the A league at the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

you would guess the recruitment team would back themselves to come up with a better goalkeeper than a lad who has not played in years

Joe Lewis hadn't played much in years before he came up here and he had a few really good seasons before it went wrong.

As much as I might dislike it I have to admit Butland has played well for that bunch this season and he hadn't played in years before that.

So just goes to show goalkeeper is one position where you can maybe get away with that as long as the player has the right mindset to go with the ability. 

16 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Joe Lewis hadn't played much in years before he came up here and he had a few really good seasons before it went wrong.

As much as I might dislike it I have to admit Butland has played well for that bunch this season and he hadn't played in years before that.

So just goes to show goalkeeper is one position where you can maybe get away with that as long as the player has the right mindset to go with the ability. 

I was just about to say as much- Goalies are a bit of an exception and good ones can really roll back the years when given a regular chance.

• Upvote 1