League Cup

Message added by Bebo,

Hullo Hullo to the good folks from Swallow Swallow.

:hunbash:

You let your club die. :rangers:

:sheepdance:

4 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

You say that.  But why are there 2600 in the queue at 9.30pm? Especially seeing as a fuck load of tickets have already been sold.

Well they’re doing it to wind us up and make the wait longer as previously stated. They won’t be able to actually buy tickets without an account and booking history. The club will be releasing tickets in increments. Keep. The. Heid. 

8 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Not 1 of you tried to log on the site before 6:30pm when the panic started? I find that as an incredible as the sales. 

If it turns out that we've fucked up and should've got logged in earlier, and all these tickets have been sold to genuine Dons fans, then I hold my hands up - we should've bought the tickets earlier and not waited to get tickets for friends who wanted to go - but when have we ever sold that many tickets that quickly for a cup final?  As I've said I know lots of regulars who haven't managed to buy tickets - are you not in any way curious about what might've happened otherwise?  Do we really have that many part time (for want of a better term) fans who are happy to stump up £40 a ticket for this match?

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Waiting for what? It looked like all the tickets were sold.

There not. Its hundreds of huns that are on our site and adding tickets to their basket, they appear sold, but they canny buy them. They'll be available again when either they get board. Or the club sort out the website. There will be plenty tickets still left mate

Just now, DandyWarhol said:

If it turns out that we've fucked up and should've got logged in earlier, and all these tickets have been sold to genuine Dons fans, then I hold my hands up - we should've bought the tickets earlier and not waited to get tickets for friends who wanted to go - but when have we ever sold that many tickets that quickly for a cup final?  As I've said I know lots of regulars who haven't managed to buy tickets - are you not in any way curious about what might've happened otherwise?  Do we really have that many part time fans who are happy to stump up £40 a ticket for this match?

Well on the one hand we did take 40,000 to Parkhead.

On the other hand when I phoned the ticket office to ask about getting a ticket for my son (I have over 200 points but he doesn't) I was told id have to wait until 5.00pm but not to worry because there would be more than enough tickets to go round.

24 minutes ago, ua22 said:

all the huns saying they bought tickets all over twitter are just chatting a load of shite

Yep and the utter mongos on follow follow are lapping it up like the thick gullible troglodytes they are. Stairs are far too slippy in the east stand for Huns 👋 

• Haha 7
3 minutes ago, keigy1983 said:

There not. Its hundreds of huns that are on our site and adding tickets to their basket, they appear sold, but they canny buy them. They'll be available again when either they get board. Or the club sort out the website. There will be plenty tickets still left mate

Well I'm nae fussed cos I've got tickets. But I would point out that the thread on follow follow suggesting they clog up the site was started at 8.00pm, at least an hour after it appeared the tickets were sold out.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

I've got all the way in, logged in, highlighted a seat, clicked "Adult", and the message I'm getting is "This seat is not available for the chosen price type".

That's off an iphone.

I think you are probably trying to buy an "accessible" ticket, which you won't be able to unless your account is set up for that

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Dunty said:

Wind up or not, there's lots of Aberdeen fans who think it's sold out.

All it takes is the club to post a tweet saying XXX amount sold, and that all sections are now on sale and to be patient.

It's almost as if they like having fans moaning at them.

Or maybe they don’t work 24 hour shifts? I’m sure we’ll find out one way or the other soon enough 

To be honest I'm consoling myself with the fact that I've saved money and avoided the hassle of a trek to Glasgow on the 17th of fucking December!

If it was just a case of my group being latchy and waiting too long to get tickets then as I said it's a fair cop and lesson learned for the future.  But I'm amazed at the amount of regulars I know who haven't got tickets - in fact it's a minority of the dons fans I know who have managed to get so far.  I've never known anything like that for a cup final before.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the club have to say tomorrow.

• Dildo 2
7 minutes ago, Don Shula said:

I think you are probably trying to buy an "accessible" ticket, which you won't be able to unless your account is set up for that

Thanks, you may be right, but I did try in more than one section, both South and East Stands.  I'm in the queue again on my laptop now, hoping that will produce a better result.

Seems a bit farcical, being honest.

35 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

You say that.  But why are there 2600 in the queue at 9.30pm? Especially seeing as a fuck load of tickets have already been sold.

Partly because folk keep logging in to tell everyone how many folk are in queue, screenshotting same 20 odd accessible/disabled seats and a few thick Huns after reading Swallow Swallow and X

Dons fans, I understand that from the tweets and replies, we’ve a lot of frustrated Dandies posting about ViaPlay Cup Final tickets. We have, at the moment, sold out our INITIAL allocation. We have been given up to 19,500 tickets - the first lot of circa 17,000 have gone almost immediately. The ticket office set a threshold at 200 points to buy one ticket each then, this afternoon at 5pm, the remainder went on full general sale. Although it was for for the right reasons, in hindsight, this was an error on our part. We should’ve had a second sales period for lesser points before - I.e. 100-199, before full general sale, ensuring there was more control. That’s a lesson we’ll learn. I take responsibility for that and I am very sorry to those who are currently feeling frustrated. The good news is that we are still expecting another approx 2500 tickets and we will ensure, when we get them, that priority is given to season ticket holders / higher point holders. If you have so far missed out on tickets and want to go - please email Ticketoffice@afc.co.uk and the team there will look to sort you out as soon as we receive the additional batch through (we’re putting pressure on SPFL to have these to us asap). This does bring into sharp focus our plea to have been given the opportunity to sell out Hampden on a 50/50 split. Given we’ve sold 17,000 tickets in just a few short days, I think it’s fair to say there is a high probability we could’ve sold out a 50% share had we been given the chance.

• Upvote 1