Next Manager

14 minutes ago, G man said:

I do not for one minute think Cormack will not be running the club. Sadly that is the major problem. Initially l thought anyone would be better than Milne but l believe Cormack is too involved in all decisions. I think the FMB is really just a front for Cormack dictating everything that goes on with the running of the club. I even doubt how influential Burrows is. The Donald family gave Ferguson great power in the running of the football side of the club and we reaped the benefits of that decision. Cormack sadly will control all aspects of the club and we can change managers and have a “model” for the future of the club but it is clearly not working.   

That's the best post you've put on here. 

Cormack is an egotistical maniac. But unfortunately we're stuck with him. The fact he put Gunn into the DoF role and that as soon as he took over as chairman we could all see that Glass was going to be the next manager coupled with the Hernandez signing. 

Milne had plenty of faults. Cormack, for me, has even more. He was a failure as vice chairman or whatever he was before. And now he's carrying it on. 

He has to learn to keep his nose out but while he has his own yes men in positions of power he's the puppet master. 

1 minute ago, AyrshireSheep said:

That's the best post you've put on here. 

Cormack is an egotistical maniac. But unfortunately we're stuck with him. The fact he put Gunn into the DoF role and that as soon as he took over as chairman we could all see that Glass was going to be the next manager coupled with the Hernandez signing. 

Milne had plenty of faults. Cormack, for me, has even more. He was a failure as vice chairman or whatever he was before. And now he's carrying it on. 

He has to learn to keep his nose out but while he has his own yes men in positions of power he's the puppet master. 

Totally agree with you.

Sadly Cormack is going nowhere and you are right he is surrounding himself with yes men in the positions that run the club as he  dictates everything that goes on. He does not have people with footballing experience in roles like the DOF. His naming of Cormack Park was just another example of his arrogance. I think a number of possible managers will be put off from coming to the club because of Cormack. It pains me to say it but changing the manager- which l believe is inevitable- will not change the direction or success of our club.

Cormack is a man with money who is keen on football but has no experience of the game. Sadly he is using the club as his hobby.

Won't be going it's as if the result hasn't happened the Club just go silent when it's all going wrong, as a few said today at the game alot of ten results we have had have just papered over the cracks, I fully expect use to get a win on Tuesday to paper over the cracks again, and for Robson to still be in the dug out at our next home match against Celtic, as much as I'm desperate for him to go for the club to not even comment on the game speaks volumes, especially when they are all over twitter when it's going good or giving Radio interviews and putting on the water works 

3 minutes ago, G man said:

Totally agree with you.

Sadly Cormack is going nowhere and you are right he is surrounding himself with yes men in the positions that run the club as he  dictates everything that goes on. He does not have people with footballing experience in roles like the DOF. His naming of Cormack Park was just another example of his arrogance. I think a number of possible managers will be put off from coming to the club because of Cormack. It pains me to say it but changing the manager- which l believe is inevitable- will not change the direction or success of our club.

Cormack is a man with money who is keen on football but has no experience of the game. Sadly he is using the club as his hobby.

I seem to remember he came out with a quote along the lines of "we might be wrong but we'll never be confused". 

Right now they are evidently very wrong and they seem to be confused as Robson is still in a job. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I seem to remember he came out with a quote along the lines of "we might be wrong but we'll never be confused". 

Right now they are evidently very wrong and they seem to be confused as Robson is still in a job. 

Everything about the club is confused.

31 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

I’ve just looked through every thread on this site, couldn’t find anyone not giving Robson a chance because he’s from Inverurie

I guess i’m right 

I actually quite like he's from Inverurie. I do mind that he's a shite manager & a hun - but was prepared to forgive the hun bit when he was doing well of course 

14 hours ago, G man said:

Come out of hiding- what a strange comment. Unlike some others on this forum l have other things going on in my life other than AFC. I have at all times said the club is far more important than who is the manager. It gives me no pleasure to say that l think after today’s performance a change is required. That said this is a failure on the part of the entire club- manager, coaches , players , board , chairman etc

I have no confidence that things will improve with a change but we are becoming detached from the top six. That for a club like Aberdeen is unacceptable. Having said that we have no divine right to be in the top 4. 
The players have to shoulder a large amount of the blame. This is the second time that the players have downed tools in less than 12 months. That is totally unacceptable. 
Robson was never given a chance by many on this forum. Some of the reasons some wanted him out included -he was from Inverurie , he played for Rangers as a 16 year old etc etc.

People have said that we have the third best squad in the league- l am not sure that is the case.

On future managers l really do not care , other than he needs to be experienced and know the Scottish game. The Cormack experiment is over l think he and Burrows should go as well. Sadly they wont and l am not convinced we will not be in the same position this time next year.

l will be at Dingwall on Tuesday regardless of who will be in charge- unless we see the ridiculous spectacle of Hayes and Shinnie in temporary charge.!! 

A few things G Man...

I don't think the players have chucked it, well not fully anyway, it feels like they are completely stifled with how Robson sets us up and if we don't get the first goal it's very unlikely we go on to get a positive result, heads go down and the players know they are up against it.

I also find it mental that you don't think things will improve with a change of manager, that's absurd as we are absolutely shocking, a team that quite clearly isn't coached and lack ideas.

Absolutely no one on here was against Robson because he's from Inverurie, for you to put that up as a reason is just insane, especially when you and several others have ignored all of the VALID reasons as to why Robson should never have been given the job in the first place.

• Upvote 3

Sometimes there are teams with good individual players who just don't gel as a team. Lack of balance in the team, poor formations and tactics, over complicating things. Then in addition luck goes out the window and the confidence follows. Willie Millers team was a prime example. Hearts recently getting relegated with a good core of players is another. 

What is needed in theses times is leadership from a good manager to recognise who needs punted and who needs nurtured and who can mould new strategies. Sadly, I don't think Robson has those attributes.

43 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

After the ridiculous mess we've been in since Cormack came in, I can't see us being a massive draw for any top managers. 

You'd be going 'nah I'll give that one a wide berth'.

You are probably right, which is a bit depressing. 

like McInnes being offered Sunderland in the championship or going to rangers. Surely makes sense to go to either but he just looked at the riot and said no thanks.