Next Manager

56 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Both are leaders, but as has been shown up this season, Shinnie can no longer lead by the example he used to set.

So far off it yesterday it was sad to see.Gets the ball in the middle and hasn’t the pace to get away from players now, so loses it, or buys a foul in that way he does.

Again I believe that this is partially down to where Robson deploys him now. He should be the sitting midfielder and Clarkson should be further forward. And to further help Shinnie I would be playing Barron beside him in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

God knows who my back 4 would be at present other than Devlin on the right.

Shinnie Barron

McGrath Clarkson Duk

Miovski

1 hour ago, YorkDon said:

Was sat in the RDS Upper yesterday and watched us play from side to side at the back, and look to try and go down one of the sides, check back, then as a last resort punt it in the general direction of Duk/Miovski.
Nobody is tasked with taking a chance, and it’s all very pragmatic and football by numbers.

The incredible thing being we have players in our side that are/were capable of doing something a bit different.

We are so easy to play against as we stick rigidly to a system that doesn’t work.

It was only when Polvara came on that a midfielder took a chance in getting beyond the strikers and on another day his header goes in.

Jack Milne must shake his head at Shayden Morris.So many times in that second half he gets it wide with a bit of space to drive forward and Morris takes that space up wide dragging his marker with him to mean Milne has to check back.

Barron should play where Clarkson appears to be tasked with playing-picking up the ball from the centre halves and attempting to play the one in 20 ball that when it comes off is terrific.

Clarkson should then play further forward as he does have the ability and eye for that pass in the final 3rd.Playing it from just inside your own half is utterly pointless as it rarely comes off.

Neither of our strikers ever really came short to get on the half turn and mix it up a little, and both looked as frustrated as the rest of the home support did.

Get Robson to fuck before he drags us into a relegation dogfight.

Might sound a bit OTT but there’s a growing sense that it’s where we are heading.

Robson won’t take us where we want to be, so best get a man in with a lot more experience and knowledge before we ultimately lose some of the very good players we have.
It must be torture for them too.

That’s a brilliant post

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Not even any shoogly peg rumours is pretty depressing 

Almost certainly means he’ll be in charge for the County game 

A win probably means Cormack sticks with him imo 

Pretty depressing doesn’t even go close. The fact these fools don’t seem remotely inclined to accept that this clown needs booted is complete negligence. They are taking the piss. 

2 hours ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Aye, I think they have to go back to basics. A steady the ship guy with real experience of this league. Someone who would be happy with short term contracts (not easy to find) and hopefully someone who can get the club back to being a real prospect for a decent manager. 

Craig Brown is deid I'm afraid.

16 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Again I believe that this is partially down to where Robson deploys him now. He should be the sitting midfielder and Clarkson should be further forward. And to further help Shinnie I would be playing Barron beside him in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

God knows who my back 4 would be at present other than Devlin on the right.

Shinnie Barron

McGrath Clarkson Duk

Miovski

That’s a decent shout.

As has been said, in terms of box to box, he’s done.

He needs to adapt his game accordingly but Robson also needs to manage that.

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

Still a better option than Robson. Could set a ouija board up in the dressing room for the half time team talk 

😄👍

2 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Canna believe this silence from the club.

I can but... it's pretty bad. I'm sure that Cormack doesn't want to say anything because everyone knows that as soon as the vote of confidence is given (which is the only thing he'd want to say I bet) then we'll all know its almost game over.

• Upvote 1

When was the last time anyone can remember a manager actually resigned from a club? Never seems to happen anymore, so any talk of Robson walking away himself is pointless.

I’d like to think if we lose to County that’ll be the end of him, but I fear we’ll need to wait until we’ve wasted all of our games in hand until Cormack will finally act

57 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Should be looking to Eastern Europe for our new manager. If that's where we are focusing our player recruitment (as seems to be the case) then it makes sense the manager comes from the same region. Will also help identify players. 

No reason to do that specifically.

We’re also doing fine identifying players from “Eastern Europe” without needing a manager from that region to help.

Id let the scouting team do their job and just focus on the best manager we can get who has proven himself outside of the Scottish Football goldfish bowl.

I’d take Alex Neil now if he was keen.

Cormack will not risk taking in an unknown quantity, first and foremost he needs to steady the ship. He thought he’d get that with Goodwin after the Glass debacle but unfortunately for him it didn’t work out.

Up until getting the dunt from Stoke, you could argue Neil has been reasonably ‘successful’. Won two playoff finals  at Wembley, so knows what it takes in a big game. 

He’s young and has experience managing in Scotland and England. Similar to McInnes but with more to offer.

• Upvote 2

His position is simply untenable now, I'd have had him gone prior to the cup final personally but understood the arguments against that. I'd then definitely have had him bulleted off the back of his defeatist, negative post match cup final interview, in my view that on its own was a sackable offence.

Yesterday plumbed new depths though. Outplayed, outthought and outfought at home to St Mirren where we looked ponderous in possession and disorganised in defence. I think it was the first time I've left early since the 6-1 league cup pumping at home to Livi. We've spent millions on a team who midway through the season have no discernable patterns of play and clearly can't play the 'manager's' preferred formation/system.

Also I'm loathe to blame the players generally as they've been hung out to dry in numerous instances by the ginger lesbian in the dugout but the attitude of every one of them yesterday was miles off. It's one thing getting beat or playing poorly post Thursday night European match but it's a whole new ball game getting pumped up the shiter at home by St Mirren in the manner we did yesterday. We are sleepwalking in to another Scottish Cup shitshow against Clyde and an inevitable relegation battle with a team of absolute shitebags and a gormless, slack jawed teuchter on the sidelines.

Clyde will be licking their lips at the thought of doing a Darvel, and they’ve a great chance to do so.

All they need to do is be compact, organised, and aggressive and, if yesterday is anything to go by, we’ll shite it and run out of ideas after the first 10 minutes and fail to “stay in the fight” and meekly surrender the game.

2 hours ago, YorkDon said:

Both are leaders, but as has been shown up this season, Shinnie can no longer lead by the example he used to set.

So far off it yesterday it was sad to see.Gets the ball in the middle and hasn’t the pace to get away from players now, so loses it, or buys a foul in that way he does.

Yeah true, but I still think shinnie still has a lot to give us, as the holding midfielder in a 4321 or a 4141

I don't think the club is in a place to take a punt on a foreign manager. Maybe a few years down the line when you'd like to think we've ironed out the considerable creases in how we function. 

If we could somehow tempt Neil or Mowbray I would be content with that for the moment. 

I just don't think they have any actual intention of putting real scrutiny on the position of Robson just now, though. 

Been asleep at the wheel a long time. 

25 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Clyde will be licking their lips at the thought of doing a Darvel, and they’ve a great chance to do so.

All they need to do is be compact, organised, and aggressive and, if yesterday is anything to go by, we’ll shite it and run out of ideas after the first 10 minutes and fail to “stay in the fight” and meekly surrender the game.

Clyde are 6 point adrift at the bottom of league 2 with 9 points from 17 games and only 1 league win all season. A loss to them would be on par with or potentially worse than the Darvel result last season. Lighting can’t strike twice surely.

2 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Should be looking to Eastern Europe for our new manager. If that's where we are focusing our player recruitment (as seems to be the case) then it makes sense the manager comes from the same region. Will also help identify players. 

If the players can’t understand a cheuchter fae Inverurie , how are they going to understand a foreigner trying to speak like a cheuchter. 

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Clyde are 6 point adrift at the bottom of league 2 with 9 points from 17 games and only 1 league win all season. A loss to them would be on par with or potentially worse than the Darvel result last season. Lighting can’t strike twice surely.

St Mirren were 4 away league defeats in a row without scoring a goal, until yesterday!

Think someone said it on here yesterday or the day before.If you want to break a shitey run of form, we are the team you want to face in your next game.