Next Manager

4 hours ago, Wayne'o said:

gonna be unpopular opinion but for me i would happily have Callum Davidson Short Term

Young manager with SPFL experience,

He had St Johnstone playing good (by St Johnstone standards) football a shoe string budget, with limited player ability wise.

With the players we have & the system he used, i think he would work

No affiliation with the Ugly Sisters

Good football? Are you fuckin steaming? 

It's an unpopular opinion because everything you just wrote is complete and utter shite. His football was negative, honking, they couldn't score. You wouldn't have been able to find one single st Johnstone fan who didn't want him chased out the door long before he got sacked. 

His transfer record was appalling and he had the largest budget of any St Johnstone manager in history. He used Tommy Wrights side, as soon as he had to change it turned to ratshit. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Problem is with young managers

They have great ideas and new philosophies as taught by the almost mandatory European licencing system that if anything is a cartel (you can only manage if you do it how we say) 

This system promotes that a club should have a philosophy which is all encompassing for a club.

So  they come in with great theoretical experience which looks great on a CV but next to no practical experience

when things go wrong all they can rely on is the "philosophy is great - keep going" mantra. 

So it fails - they go to another club if they are lucky and repeat

Need a manager who understands to not rely on what the European licensing has taught them and trust their own instincts which isn't encouraged. and get rid of this stupid UEFA licensing system which kicks out automatons

Robson kept going on about this "model / philosophy" that he'd been working on for years... Cormack referenced it several times too. Sounded like some kind of masterplan that was going to see us playing some form of total football. Last season could see there was an emphasis on pressing the opposition, winning the ball back and springing forward quickly... I thought that was maybe an early sign of this "strategy" and given he hadn't had much time with the players I felt that was quite promising and that after a full pre-season and much more time to get his ideas over we would be a good side to watch this season.

How wrong could I have been. Turns out the "philosophy" was more anti-football than total football. pass it up the wing, pass it back to the centre back or your most creative midfielder who'se being deployed deeper than your centre backs, and launch it into outer space in the hope that someone will get on the end of it. Repeat until the supporters eyes are bleeding and you're sitting 9th in the league.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

Robson kept going on about this "model / philosophy" that he'd been working on for years... Cormack referenced it several times too. Sounded like some kind of masterplan that was going to see us playing some form of total football. Last season could see there was an emphasis on pressing the opposition, winning the ball back and springing forward quickly... I thought that was maybe an early sign of this "strategy" and given he hadn't had much time with the players I felt that was quite promising and that after a full pre-season and much more time to get his ideas over we would be a good side to watch this season.

How wrong could I have been. Turns out the "philosophy" was more anti-football than total football. pass it up the wing, pass it back to the centre back or your most creative midfielder who'se being deployed deeper than your centre backs, and launch it into outer space in the hope that someone will get on the end of it. Repeat until the supporters eyes are bleeding and you're sitting 9th in the league.

Robson is surely just here till we get replacement in the door? No way the board still back him? If so they all need gone. It’s been really obvious since the top 6 games last season he was tactically inept. Bojan has kept him in a job far too long. Absolutely disgusted with the club right now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, slippers said:

Robson is surely just here till we get replacement in the door? No way the board still back him? If so they all need gone. It’s been really obvious since the top 6 games last season he was tactically inept. Bojan has kept him in a job far too long. Absolutely disgusted with the club right now. 

Did you not hear Dave Cormack’s ridiculously massaged stats of Robsons win ratio?

Him & the FMB have their head in the sand and their fingers up their holes. 

5 hours ago, Wayne'o said:

gonna be unpopular opinion but for me i would happily have Callum Davidson Short Term

Young manager with SPFL experience,

He had St Johnstone playing good (by St Johnstone standards) football a shoe string budget, with limited player ability wise.

With the players we have & the system he used, i think he would work

No affiliation with the Ugly Sisters

Wise up, heard it all now ffs

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Compare that to “rangers are a right good team, we’ve no right as Aberdeen to come down here and dominate the game”

How standards have fallen 

" That's a proper team we played today" might as well just said here's the cup Rangers. 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

This, I would be more tolerant of our current position if you could see a strategy, plan, players trying decent football and scoring goals/ generally entertaining everyone. The hump it up the park Sunday league style crap is unforgivable

Scottish football in general needs to get to grips technically and try to improve the product fans pay to watch, but that's perhaps an argument for another forum, on another day.

13 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

This, I would be more tolerant of our current position if you could see a strategy, plan, players trying decent football and scoring goals/ generally entertaining everyone. The hump it up the park Sunday league style crap is unforgivable

Scottish football in general needs to get to grips technically and try to improve the product fans pay to watch, but that's perhaps an argument for another forum, on another day.

There's no excuse for it as we have a number of very good football players. With guys like Barron, Polvara, Clarkson, McGrath, Duk, Miovski, Besoujin we should be capable of playing good, entertaining and effective football. It's not like we have a team of cloggers who can't pass or control the ball. St Mirren are a far lesser team ability wise, but played much better football than we did on Saturday.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Nae idea.

Don’t care.

It’s heading downwards & he needs removed now.

If it guaranteed him getting sacked, I’d take a defeat tomorrow in Dingwall. 
I hate saying it, but THAT’S how much I hate Robson. 

When folks are starting to say this it’s definitely time for change.

I’m sure deep down the FMB know he has to go, and surely it has to be sooner rather than later.

A win tomorrow and then taking care of Clyde in the cup only papers over the cracks.

Tick tock Barry.

It always amazes me how other teams look slicker passing the ball. Even Livvy looked sharper. When I watch our players they never seem to look confident or build up any passage of play that you think to yourself "that was class". Everything they do is laboured. Most passes are slightly behind a player or straight to them instead of in front to gain that extra couple of yards. It just isn't very attractive. As it stands we are very much a bottom 6 club. And that stinks.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

Also if he wasn’t such a unlikeable wanker. 

27 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

When folks are starting to say this it’s definitely time for change.

I’m sure deep down the FMB know he has to go, and surely it has to be sooner rather than later.

A win tomorrow and then taking care of Clyde in the cup only papers over the cracks.

Tick tock Barry.

If he gets the Clyde game we are fucked as I’d assume we scrape through that and our next game is 24th of jan. Madness keeping him for the whole window when it’s obvious the writing is on the wall. 

10 minutes ago, slippers said:

If he gets the Clyde game we are fucked as I’d assume we scrape through that and our next game is 24th of jan. Madness keeping him for the whole window when it’s obvious the writing is on the wall. 

Agreed, which is why, as hard as it’ll be to stomach, I understand why folk are wishing for a poor defeat in Dingwall tomorrow.

Even if that transpires I’m nae confident Cormack will pull the trigger.

The line will be we now have the winter break to regroup and work on coming back into the second half of the season renewed/refreshed etc.

11 hours ago, Zeus said:

A massive cliché and fuck the Huns but what has happened to us lads..before I was even born (and I'm an old cunt now) bit fuck me 10% of that and I'd be attitude and I'd be delighted 

ken we're nae getting another Ferguson but any semi competent manager with a slight amount of talent of him gets us winning the lot.

happy new year and FTH

Every time this is shown a sense of immense pride sweeps through me.

This is a proper manager with proper standards

11 hours ago, Zeus said:

A massive cliché and fuck the Huns but what has happened to us lads..before I was even born (and I'm an old cunt now) bit fuck me 10% of that and I'd be attitude and I'd be delighted 

ken we're nae getting another Ferguson but any semi competent manager with a slight amount of talent of him gets us winning the lot.

happy new year and FTH

Every time this is shown a sense of immense pride sweeps through me.

This is a proper manager with proper standards

• Upvote 2

For my money, Alex Neil, if it's possible, is the most logical fit at this juncture. 

Had mixed results in England and his stock is currently pretty low, the club needs someone to come in and really leave a mark, like DMC did the first 5 years. 

If he could come here, get us up the table and into Europe, win some trophies, suddenly his stock is far higher again. 

For me, where both parties are at, this makes the most sense. 

• Upvote 3
58 minutes ago, CCB III said:

For my money, Alex Neil, if it's possible, is the most logical fit at this juncture. 

Had mixed results in England and his stock is currently pretty low, the club needs someone to come in and really leave a mark, like DMC did the first 5 years. 

If he could come here, get us up the table and into Europe, win some trophies, suddenly his stock is far higher again. 

For me, where both parties are at, this makes the most sense. 

I think he left Sunderland because of the meddling of the chairman , so not sure he would come to this dysfunctional setup...

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Best case scenario - we pump County and Robson still gets jottered. 

My bets are on a goalless draw. Robson gets the 2 week break to drill more of his shite tactics into the players. When that time should really be spent finding a new manager.