Next Manager

1 minute ago, Broken_Glass said:

He'd still not have figured out that the diagonal ball over the top cut the team wide open. Pathetic ridiculous statement. Glass and Cormack started this rapid decline.

Glass may also have appointed his 24th assistant manager to add to his ridiculous backroom team.

The thing about glass is you could see the type of football he was trying to play especially at the start of the season.
We didn’t have the players to play that style of football at the time tho. 

5 minutes ago, thurso said:

The thing about glass is you could see the type of football he was trying to play especially at the start of the season.
We didn’t have the players to play that style of football at the time tho. 

You could also see he was ridiculously out of his depth as your above point proves.

He should never have been anywhere near AFC ever. A crazy vanity project by a man who in reality has done nothing for the club in his tenure at the helm - unless you want to give him credit for naming the training facilities after himself. 

If you want change that's fine but do it professionally and with due diligence. 

18 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

He'd still not have figured out that the diagonal ball over the top cut the team wide open. Pathetic ridiculous statement. Glass and Cormack started this rapid decline.

Glass may also have appointed his 24th assistant manager to add to his ridiculous backroom team.

Lol, imagine trying to build a team of backroom staff as opposed to Robson who is making sure anyone who has a different idea to him gets binned.

28 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

You could also see he was ridiculously out of his depth as your above point proves.

He should never have been anywhere near AFC ever. A crazy vanity project by a man who in reality has done nothing for the club in his tenure at the helm - unless you want to give him credit for naming the training facilities after himself. 

If you want change that's fine but do it professionally and with due diligence. 

What chairman ever does that. They all come in wanting their own men in charge. 

3 hours ago, G man said:

Does 4 managerial changes in 4 years suit you better.😂😂

Well we haven’t made 4 managerial changes yet so that would be wrong unless you are including Robson getting binned.

But fucking hell yes, I hope we do make a fourth change because the club is going to shit while we wait around wringing our hands worrying about making too many changes.

28 minutes ago, thurso said:

What chairman ever does that. They all come in wanting their own men in charge. 

Due diligence tells you that a rookie with only coaching experience was highly likely to fail and he's repeating the same mistake again....

My blame is 100% at Cormack's door. He has failed the club and supporters. 

Just now, JamieMT said:

Liam McLeod echoing what we all suspect on Sportsound just now. Barry Robson is not under any immediate threat and the board are satisfied with recent results.

And he knows this how exactly? 

Would be surprised if he's been at any recent board meetings to have an insight into such discussions.

8 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Liam McLeod echoing what we all suspect on Sportsound just now. Barry Robson is not under any immediate threat and the board are satisfied with recent results.

If the board are happy with a dead rubber win against Frankfurt and a win against Hearts at Pittodrie (who have as bad a record there as we do at Tynecastlle) then we're aswell just turning the lights off and closing the doors and forgetting about AFC. 

Obviously they fel going to a cup final and not getting a shot on target is also acceptable.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if McLsod was right. 

1 minute ago, slippers said:

Liam McLeod saying on radio that the club are content with results and aren’t thinking of sacking Robson.

They are so out of touch it's alarming, I could understand it if we had been playing well and coming up short with some bad luck but for the majority of the time since Robson took over we've been fucking dreadful.

• Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

It’s getting to the stage now that if they do indeed feel that way, they need to come out and explain their position. Something along the lines of “we accept recent results aren’t good enough however we’ve seen x, y and a to suggest Robson is building and developing a good team but it takes time”. Who knows what x, y and a would be but there must be something they’re rightly or wrongly seeing in him. 

Of course they’ll probably get torn apart but no moreso than they are now - it’s better than their shitebag tactics of plastering themselves all over any good results and going MIA when it turns to rat shit again. 

2 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

It’s getting to the stage now that if they do indeed feel that way, they need to come out and explain their position. Something along the lines of “we accept recent results aren’t good enough however we’ve seen x, y and a to suggest Robson is building and developing a good team but it takes time”. Who knows what x, y and a would be but there must be something they’re rightly or wrongly seeing in him. 

Of course they’ll probably get torn apart but no moreso than they are now - it’s better than their shitebag tactics of plastering themselves all over any good results and going MIA when it turns to rat shit again. 

Michael Stewart’s theory was that the Board are currently paralysed and too terrified of making the wrong decision again so we are just sticking with for now 

Depressingly likely bang on 

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Michael Stewart’s theory was that the Board are currently paralysed and too terrified of making the wrong decision again so we are just sticking with for now 

The club think Robson will be a good manager. I’d like to know why they think that. 

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

I'd imagine the biggest factor in keeping him is that by getting rid of him, Dave is effectively admitting he's made the same mistake 3 times in 3 years.

The managerial appointment is pretty much the most important decision a chairman should make. Would anyone on here find it easy to stand in front of 20,000 angry fans and admit you've failed them ever since you took the job? That's what he's faced with and he'd have a helluva lot more respect if he manned up and admitted his mistakes (not in some pitiful vague embarrassing way like he did after Hibs).

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I think the problem is more to do with Cormack surrounding himself with sycophants and yes men. Apparently they were bemused at some criticism earlier in the season. Fucking wankers.

10 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I'd imagine the biggest factor in keeping him is that by getting rid of him, Dave is effectively admitting he's made the same mistake 3 times in 3 years.

The managerial appointment is pretty much the most important decision a chairman should make. Would anyone on here find it easy to stand in front of 20,000 angry fans and admit you've failed them ever since you took the job? That's what he's faced with and he'd have a helluva lot more respect if he manned up and admitted his mistakes (not in some pitiful vague embarrassing way like he did after Hibs).

That’s what it seems like to me. The tears after Goodwin got sacked saying he needed to get it right this time followed by making a cunt of it again would dent his ego too much I suspect. 

I’d be amazed if there’s any metrics showing we’ve made progress with him as manager. 

All the claims of them being as transparent as possible quickly went down the drain as soon as tough questions started being asked. 

I predict a 1-0 win on Tuesday followed by a deadline Mattie Pollock signing along with a Cormack statement along the lines of “tough learning curve for us all, Barry knows we need to do better, trust the process”. 

29 minutes ago, slippers said:

Liam McLeod saying on radio that the club are content with results and aren’t thinking of sacking Robson.

But obviously that's utter nonsense if that's indeed what he said. It's inconceivable that the board are content with losing nearly every game. I'm not saying they are thinking of sacking Robson though, but content with results? Nobody could be.

4 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

But obviously that's utter nonsense if that's indeed what he said. It's inconceivable that the board are content with losing nearly every game. I'm not saying they are thinking of sacking Robson though, but content with results? Nobody could be.

Nobody is saying the results are acceptable - they are not. But again you add to your point with a total exaggeration “losing nearly every game”

Played 20-won 6, drawn 5, lost 9. Totally not acceptable but please do not say we are losing nearly every game.

• Dildo 1