Next Manager

19 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

They also play good football. A high pressing team with a large emphasis on speed.

To be able to do that, his players must be really fit and have very good concentration and awareness levels, something certain members of our team are sadly lacking in. 

That could be down to their own mentality, brittle physicality, and unacceptable lack of desire, as well as poor coaching, or a blend of a combination of these facets. 

Also from Liam McLeod: 

‘However, those in the corridors of power at Pittodrie are fully aware of the morale and angst amongst the support and are concerned about the lowly league position that has left them with their lowest points tally after 20 matches in 12 years. The feeling is that their current predicament is not good enough and that things need to improve very quickly. Hence the momentousness of Tuesday.’ 

Indicates the board maybe aren’t as happy with Robson after all? 

5 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Also from Liam McLeod: 

‘However, those in the corridors of power at Pittodrie are fully aware of the morale and angst amongst the support and are concerned about the lowly league position that has left them with their lowest points tally after 20 matches in 12 years. The feeling is that their current predicament is not good enough and that things need to improve very quickly. Hence the momentousness of Tuesday.’ 

Indicates the board maybe aren’t as happy with Robson after all? 

“Momentousness” 

Dont think I’ve ever heard a game between Aberdeen and Dundee described in such a fashion. Surely a bad result on Tuesday and that’s got to be the final nail in the coffin. At what point do the all knowing FMB finally take action if not?

I want Robson gone as well but the hypocrisy on here is off the scale.

I mean all the posters saying it was a big mistake appointing him are the same posters who wanted him appointed.

Do you blame the board for appointing him after the end we had to last season.

They appointed him on merit then sure enough this season he has been found out especially in tactics imo 

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

To be able to do that, his players must be really fit and have very good concentration and awareness levels, something certain members of our team are sadly lacking in. 

That could be down to their own mentality, brittle physicality, and unacceptable lack of desire, as well as poor coaching, or a blend of a combination of these facets. 

They must have plenty of time to work on this on the grass eh

3 minutes ago, caledonia said:

I mean all the posters saying it was a big mistake appointing him are the same posters who wanted him appointed.

They appointed him on merit then sure enough this season he has been found out especially in tactics imo 

Personally I understand why he was given the job. The issue I have is with the length of the deal. Should have been a rolling 1 year deal. Keep doing well and there’s no issues. Make a mess of it, like this season, and it’s much easier to part ways.

Giving an unproven and untested manager a 2 year deal was daft. Makes it that wee bit harder to bin him and pay him off.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, caledonia said:

How is it hypocrisy? 

They wanted him as they thought he deserved a chance. He got that chance and it's apparent that he isn't up to the job, people realise that now and want him gone. With the benefit of hindsight, there can't be anyone left who doesn't think it was a massive mistake, except Cormack. 

• Upvote 5
16 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

How is it hypocrisy? 

They wanted him as they thought he deserved a chance. He got that chance and it's apparent that he isn't up to the job, people realise that now and want him gone. With the benefit of hindsight, there can't be anyone left who doesn't think it was a massive mistake, except Cormack. 

Not exactly why i meant hypocrisy

It’s hypocrisy because they are saying board should not have appointed him in the first place when they were calling for him to be appointed.

1 minute ago, caledonia said:

It’s hypocrisy because they are saying board should not have appointed him in the first place when they were calling for him to be appointed.

I wasn't one saying he should get the job, I was bemused when they gave it to him pre split and I thought at the time it wasn't ideal' Hence our poor run after that in the split. Hibs @ home in the split was a disgusting performance and most of the split games were posh poor.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

Until there is an outstanding candidate that would be actually interested in the position when it comes available, I don’t see baz getting the bullet unless we start getting tonkings ala the final days of Jim the Tim.

There maybe isn’t an outstanding candidate to us fans but a competent board would have a constant list of potential managerial appointments lined up for whenever the manager moves on* (lol) or is moved on.
Unfortunately that would require a board that knew their arse from their elbow, if/when Robson is punted it’s going to be a completely reactive “process” yet again.

*wouldn’t it be nice to have a manager good enough to be poached from us for a change. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

There maybe isn’t an outstanding candidate to us fans but a competent board would have a constant list of potential managerial appointments lined up for whenever the manager moves on* (lol) or is moved on.
Unfortunately that would require a board that knew their arse from their elbow, if/when Robson is punted it’s going to be a completely reactive “process” yet again.

*wouldn’t it be nice to have a manager good enough to be poached from us for a change. 

They can’t possibly have an extensive list of candidates, as the Dave Cormack era has been terrible appointment after terrible appointment.

Just now, Red Clive 1995 said:

They can’t possibly have an extensive list of candidates, as the Dave Cormack era has been terrible appointment after terrible appointment.

There’s loads of inexperienced managers out there that would happily manage AFC for a year and take the money when they inevitably get sacked in February 

48 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

I wasn't one saying he should get the job, I was bemused when they gave it to him pre split and I thought at the time it wasn't ideal' Hence our poor run after that in the split. Hibs @ home in the split was a disgusting performance and most of the split games were posh poor.

Exactly the same. Was absolute no rush. We could all see at end of season we had made a mistake but because we got third he probably still would have got the job. Although I didn't want him to get the job I can understand why he did. But like Goodwin and Glass hes been given way too long in the seat. As far as im concerned Goodwin was kept on so long while obvious he was out his depth we shouldn't have had to give it to a caretaker in first place. Certainly not for more than 1/2 games. We should have had a shortlist drawn up and it was only the interviews left to undertake. Im absolutely sure we are in exact same boat even though doubts must have surfaced months ago. If we take a heap of time again to get the right person it just confirms the cluster fuck of a club we have.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

We really need a new broom approach to be honest 

Hire a credible Sporting Director so they can hire a credible Manager 

As it is, I fear we’re just sitting on our hands 

That's the only way I can understand it taking an extensive period to recruit a new manager. If we get a new DOF. 

For months now, even a 2 year old could see that Robson is way out of his depth.   But what is also obvious is Cormack and his merry band of yes men havnt a clue who to go after to replace Robson , Cormacks already appointed 2 managers before robson who were cluster F—-  

He then gives super 18s coach Robson  super cluster F——. the AFC managers job, who now has turned AFC into a Disney Cartoon.  
Cormack is clueless.  

5 hours ago, caledonia said:

That’s not hypocrisy, that’s admitting mistakes 🤷

I argued FOR Robson as even though his football wasn’t the prettiest, he seemed to be getting something correct & got the results. Would have been harsh on him to not give him chance full time. Hindsight shows it was a bad call for sure but still a call many would have made (except minijc) 🤣

Hearts done us over good & proper last season. Taking on Naismith & totally collapsing. Was a genius move by them. Playing long game & aiming for third this season not last 🤣& lumbering us with Robson