Next Manager

21 minutes ago, McginnAgain said:

Michael O'Neil? Alex Neil?

MIchael O'Neill turned down the Scotland job before we appointed Clarke as NI were paying him a good bit more than what the SFA were offering. Doubtful then he'd leave it to join us.

Alex Neil said when he left Preston that he wasn't interested in returning to Scotland for the foreseeable future. Has had 2 jobs with varying degrees of success since, most recently was an utter failure at Stoke. Might have to review his reluctance to move back north given that failure but again wouldn't come cheaply if we could entice him. 

3 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

Its Peter Leven and Scott Anderson who will lead training the statement says. Lead training sounds to me like they could make a swift appointment. You've got to hope they have someone lined up as this has been on the cards for weeks.

Aye sounded like that was intentional, not making reference to a game in a few days. 

2 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

The club need to be very careful about what they do and who we appoint next.

Our credibility is hanging over the edge of a cliff.

Credibility isn’t the most important thing here. The fans faith in the board is very low and if another novice gets the job the damage will be irreparable. 

Just now, Hoppy said:

This wasn't funny the first time.  It sure isn't funny the millionth time.  Get some new patter you fuck wit.

Have you read the other drivel spouted on here, most of it is regurgitated, uninformed, verbal diarrhea, so gey used to it ,shithouse 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Alex Neil said when he left Preston that he wasn't interested in returning to Scotland for the foreseeable future. Has had 2 jobs with varying degrees of success since, most recently was an utter failure at Stoke. Might have to review his reluctance to move back north given that failure but again wouldn't come cheaply if we could entice him. 

I'm speculating here, but given that Neil's managerial experience in Scotland was....cough....Hamilton, you've got to think that he'd jump at the chance of being in charge of a club like Aberdeen. 

I think that we maybe give the English Championship more credit than it deserves. Make him the right offer, and he'd be up here like a shot. 

• Upvote 1

The “easy” bit has been done, albeit belatedly when we’re at the end of the transfer window.

The winter break was the time to do it 

Unfortunately I do not trust Cormack, Gunn, Burrows, Garner & Milne at all to get the next appointment right. 

Gunn should be next . 
He won’t be

Ive always had the horrible feeling that we’d appoint the toxic wee rat Lennon, and worryingly he’s not got the Eire job yet. 
I think he’d jump at our job. 

I really, REALLY hope not.

I’ve never hated a Dons boss before he’s even started, but he’d be the first. 

Just now, styrofoamplates said:

Next Aberdeen manager odds in full: 

Alex Neil 2/1 

Paul Heckingbottom 3/1

Neil Lennon 3/1

Derek McInnes 4/1

Paul Lambert 4/1 

Robbie Neilson 10/1

Paul Ince 10/1 

Dwight Yorke 10/1

Neil Warnock 14/1 

Frank Lampard 20/1