Next Manager

3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Let’s face it, no manager with any savvy is going to take this job. Impossible fan expectations, a rigged league and a hopeless board. The OF strangle the life out of this league.

This.

Fucking disgrace he's got his jotters. He's a beast. We're using up peak managers like we are due them.

• Upvote 1
Just now, styrofoamplates said:

Next Aberdeen manager odds in full: 

Alex Neil 2/1 

Paul Heckingbottom 3/1

Neil Lennon 3/1

Derek McInnes 4/1

Paul Lambert 4/1 

Robbie Neilson 10/1

Paul Ince 10/1 

Dwight Yorke 10/1

Neil Warnock 14/1 

Frank Lampard 20/1

Mick McCarthy 25/1 

Michael Duff 25/1

Steve Bruce 25/1

Robbie Neilson in to win us the Scottish cup & fk Hearts out of Euro groups two seasons running 🤣

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The “easy” bit has been done, albeit belatedly when we’re at the end of the transfer window.

The winter break was the time to do it 

Unfortunately I do not trust Cormack, Gunn, Burrows, Garner & Milne at all to get the next appointment right. 

Gunn should be next . 
He won’t be

Ive always had the horrible feeling that we’d appoint the toxic wee rat Lennon, and worryingly he’s not got the Eire job yet. 
I think he’d jump at our job. 

I really, REALLY hope not.

I’ve never hated a Dons boss before he’s even started, but he’d be the first. 

International break last oct was when it should have been done. Give new manager time to come in & assess for January window

4 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

Alex Neil 2/1 

Paul Heckingbottom 3/1

Neil Lennon 3/1

Derek McInnes 4/1

Paul Lambert 4/1 

Robbie Neilson 10/1

Paul Ince 10/1 

Dwight Yorke 10/1

Neil Warnock 14/1 

Frank Lampard 20/1

Mick McCarthy 25/1 

Michael Duff 25/1

Steve Bruce 25/1

#RobsonIn

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Cormack would be petrified of Neil Lennon as Lennon would not be scared to give him a few home truths.

I'd take Lennon in a heartbeat. He could turn his back on the game flicking the Vs and call us sheep shagging teuchter cunts all day, everyday so long as they won.

Edit; typo.

Just now, Andy_123 said:

Just make Knutsen an offer he can’t refuse like we did with McInnes

Yuup. Throw money at him. Can easily see how much he’s paid on Norwegian tax sight & its higher than basic because it was full of performance related bonuses.

We offer him as much as he earned last couple of season as basic with exceptional performance related bonuses on top. 

We would have to pay him about £1m a year basic though at least

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

International break last oct was when it should have been done. Give new manager time to come in & assess for January window

No chance Dave would let that happen, he doesn’t spend money in January on anything other than sacking managers. 

Robson and Agnew are now walking off with the Ramadani fee in their back pocket. 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

I'm speculating here, but given that Neil's managerial experience in Scotland was....cough....Hamilton, you've got to think that he'd jump at the chance of being in charge of a club like Aberdeen. 

I think that we maybe give the English Championship more credit than it deserves. Make him the right offer, and he'd be up here like a shot. 

My thinking about him is that he thought after his Norwich tenure, which was up then down, he would still have a decent chance of getting the Celtic job at some point in the not too distant future.

Being Scottish, he's acutely aware that managing a club outwith the arse cheeks, that finishing anywhere except 3rd is viewed elsewhere, but especially in England, as being a total failure. Look at Callum Davidson who won the Cup double with St Johnstone but who couldn't get any offers from England (outwith IIRC a tenuous "interest" from a couple of EFL1 clubs which in the end came to nothing).

As I said, he was a total failure at Stoke so maybe he has to have a reality check and review his thoughts on managing up here but I honestly think his ego is massive and still thinks he's too good for the likes of us.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Hoofball said:

No chance Dave would let that happen, he doesn’t spend money in January on anything other than sacking managers. 

Robson and Agnew are now walking off with the Ramadani fee in their back pocket. 

League cup semi fluke v Hibs killed our season by making sure Cormack wouldn’t have bottle to sack manager for fear of media backlash. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Willo flood said:

Can see an experienced Neil Warnock type manager coming until the end of the season.

We should then, at the end of the season have a complete overhaul of the people behind the scenes and get some proper people into the key positions at the club.

No short term appointments 👍

1 minute ago, Willo flood said:

Can see an experienced Neil Warnock type manager coming until the end of the season.

We should then, at the end of the season have a complete overhaul of the people behind the scenes and get some proper people into the key positions at the club.

There are literally hundreds of out of work managers that would take job. If the club would pay them

13 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

Alex Neil 2/1 

Paul Heckingbottom 3/1

Neil Lennon 3/1

Derek McInnes 4/1

Paul Lambert 4/1 

Robbie Neilson 10/1

Paul Ince 10/1 

Dwight Yorke 10/1

Neil Warnock 14/1 

Frank Lampard 20/1