Next Manager

2 minutes ago, brownie said:

Warnock. Fuck me. Some scenes if that happens.

Especially if he carries on with his love of all things Rangers at every possible opportunity ….the cunt would give peak Calderwood a run for his money on that front

Would love it if we appointed Neil Warnock.

Experienced manager with a proven track record who actually wants to be Dons boss.

Add to which he's got an anger & fight about him, there'd be no proper team nonsense from Warnock after a defeat.

Love him or loathe him, the guy's box office and he'd inject a bit of fun back into what's been a largely miserable season.

• Upvote 7
1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Why not? 

What does it bring? Get someone in he can access the whole football club from now to summer identify targets and get them in the next window, hmmm short term your playing catch up. I've actually agreed with alot if what you said recently but these short term appointments are not good for recruitment unfortunately, I have a family member that works in this role outwith Scottish football and he will say exactly the same. 

2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Has to be Martindale, worked miracles with Livy on no money, with us he would be superb.

‘Budget’ managers are what they are. Nothing to suggest they can be any better when asked to perform at higher expectations.

Martaindale is not the man for Aberdeen. We need a manager that has experience of signing & working with a higher level of players than the kind Livi scrimp & scrape to attract 

3 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

What does it bring? Get someone in he can access the whole football club from now to summer identify targets and get them in the next window, hmmm short term you’re playing catch up. I've actually agreed with alot if what you said recently but these short term appointments are not good for recruitment unfortunately, I have a family member that works in this role outwith Scottish football and he will say exactly the same. 

Well last season we did the right thing taking our time but eventually went into a position where Robson got the job because he done so well. If Warnock was in the same situation we would know there was no chance of him carrying on. 

They absolutely have to get the next appointment correct. 

4 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Evening Express running with Warnock until end of season.

Got disaster written all over it, if that's the case. 

We need experience yes, but bringing someone like Warnock just seems too extreme. What's he got to prove and what does he care, he should be enjoying retirement. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

John Eustace had a 33% win rate at Birmingham over a decent sample size. 

Played 63, won 21, drew 16 and lost 26.

Was his start to this season a flash in the pan or a genuine improvement?  Difficult to tell but his overall record at Birmingham isn't great reading. 

I think we need more experience than that.

Just now, Broken_Glass said:

I think we need more experience than that.

Yep. 

The current set up at Aberdeen isn't the right one for an inexperienced manager. Zero football experience elsewhere in the leadership team. 

Until the DoF position is addressed we need a guy that has the experience to get on with the job without too much support from above.